“Weekend of Decadence!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Toronto, Canada
“Weekend of Decadence!”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at Ste. Annes as a birthday treat to myself! All the staff were wondeful - everyone was knowledgable, and willing to help at any time. The food was good - but they are not lisenced, so bring a bottle of wine or two with you!
The grotto (the hot tub, lap pool etc) is quite small and can get pretty noisy when it is busy.
Overall I had a wonderful stay, and would certainly go back again.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the winter, request a room in the main building, other wise you have to walk o...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank VictoriaS194

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I recently visited the spa with my 85 year old grandmother, my mother, and her three sisters. We live nearby, so we only went for the day. It was a fantastic experience. Right from the start we were treated like queens. They were very accommodating for my grandmother. We enjoyed our time in the steam room and the hot tub just chatting. Of course, the treatments were relaxing, and the food is always phenomenal, but the real attraction to Ste. Anne's is that it is a relaxing, slow-paced day away from the city. It is the perfect way to unwind, de-stress and catch up with loved ones. I can't wait to go back!

2 Thank Karissataryn
prince edward county, ontario
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have been here a few times and always have a great day. It really is beautiful in the spring/summer when you get to take advantage of the surrounding countryside, loungers, hammocks, etc. but it's also nice to spend the day curled up on a couch reading a good book when it is cold outside. The treatments are great, staff are friendly, and overall the spa has a comfy- not pretentious- feel to it. Plus the food is AMAZING. I love the fact that this is an all inclusive spa. Yes, it can be a bit pricey (especially overnight) but I compared a half day at local day spas near me and found that Ste. Anne's was actually cheaper (and nicer).

2 Thank countygirl74
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We just returned from our three day stay at St. Anne's (my husband, son, daughter and myself). It was so relaxing and the guys didn't think they would enjoy a spa but felt totally relaxed and really enjoyed their treatments. We were enjoying getting together again as our daughter has been away for six months and leaves again in two weeks.. Our son is very busy at university and we don't see him often, so this was a nice treat. I will compliment Laura Leavitt as she helped me plan this and I went with all her recommendations and she was so helpful. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is great and lots of choices for any palate. I would highly recommend St. Anne's for anyone who truly would like to relax and pamper themselves .

Linda

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Deagazio
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have stayed here each season and I LOVE it. I usually go alone however last time I brought a long time friend and she enjoyed herself immensely. So far I have stayed in the cottages but this time I will be staying in the main Inn. The cottages are superb and a shuttle is but a call away. There are many free things to do here including the eucalyptus steam room, outdoor hot tub and cold pool, wonderful swimming pools etc. (I haven't even been to the indoor pool yet.) The food is beyond superb and the staff is extremely friendly ~ even on the phone. There is a wonderful huge hammock which My friend and I spent a lazy few hours in one afternoon. I have met some amazingly nice people here. Last time I had an outdoor massage in one of the little canopied huts. I feel so spoiled when I go. I'm looking forward to going again in 3 days. I am sooooo glad I discovered Ste. Annes. Now I know what a REAL vacation is ! A class act.

Room Tip: I have been happy with all of the rooms I've stayed in but Haldimand West was my favorite so far...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank kimmmmmmy
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We had heard about Ste Anne's spa for years, but always thought it was too expensive. We spent 2 nights there, mid Feb. It was wonderful! All the staff were very attentive and the treatments were good. The location is beautiful, but I'd like to see it in the summer. We stayed in the Parlour room, which was very big and comfortable. I liked the Yoga, Stretch Class and Meditation. Tip -- You can ask for different food, e.g. no dairy, or more items. They have slippers if you need them.

Room Tip: Parlour room is big, comfortable and great location for dining, etc.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cherie1955
London, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The Spa is quite lovely - with a lot of stone buildings, but I found it to be a little run-down. The lockers downstairs seemed to be difficult for many patrons to use and would not open after punching in your code. Lunch was ok but not memorable.

Did enjoy the outdoor pools - the hottub was lovely and the lap pool was refreshing. The eucalyptus room was nice, but ice-cold washcloths for the eyes would have been better.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I found it to be over-priced and would be unlikely to return.

3 Thank Dalia6
SpaGuyJim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear Dalia6; Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your visit to Ste. Anne's Spa. I am really pleased to hear you say that you found the staff to be friendly and accommodating and that overall the spa is "quite lovely - with a lot of stone buildings" and that you enjoyed the outdoor pools, specifically the hot tub and the lap pool.

However, I am really sorry to see you rate your overall experience as leaving you a bit disappointed. The very staff who you found to be friendly and accommodating work their hearts out every day to exceed the expectations of every guest, but it sounds as though we fell short in your case. It would be helpful to me if you could let me know specifically what it was that made your lunch less than memorable, and how you were left with the impression that the property is rundown. Even though some parts of our building date back to 1867, we have a program of ongoing renewal throughout our facilities, so this feedback really concerns me.

As far as your comment that we are over-priced, I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this point. I have visited many spas around the world, and have no doubt that Ste. Anne's provides excellent value for the prices that we charge. I would be pleased to share comparisons with you if you are interested.

Feel free to get in touch with me with more details. Given the opportunity, I am confident that I can address your concerns and change your mind about returning to Ste. Anne's.

Jim Corcoran, Owner & General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
11.9 km away
8.7 km away
Baltimore Bed & Breakfast
Baltimore Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 2 in Baltimore

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!