My husband treated me to an overnight visit to Ste. Anne's for an anniversary gift. Our experience couldn't have been better! What a delight and treasure this place is. It's charm envelopes you from the moment you walk under the wrought iron arbour onto the grounds. Immediately the stress of life begins to melt away.
The staff are warm and friendly. Special thanks to Cynthia (who helped me book our room, spa treatments and meal times), Raul at the front desk, David in the restaurant, Stefanie in retail, Terry-Lynn (who gave my husband the best massage he has ever had), and Arlene (whose yoga class was physically and emotionally healing for me) for making out visit memorable.
We stayed in the Games room and highly recommend it, especially for winter visits. It has privacy by being separate from the main building and convenience as it is attached to the main building by a covered patio.
The all-inclusive nature of our package, that included the room; a breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner; and a spa allowance for each of us added to our relaxation as all our decisions had been made ahead of time.
The way the restaurant works is brilliant. No need to dress up; spa robes are standard dress especially for lunch and afternoon tea! No need to worry about pricing; just enjoy the delicious food ... every course at every meal was wonderful. Sample a wide range of teas ... I discovered a new favourite (maybe you will too). And if you enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine with meals, the price and selection are right .... you bring your own!
As this was our first visit, we have not tried every spa experience Ste. Anne's has to offer, however, based on our limited experience we highly recommend:
1. The Eucalyptus Steam Room + Plunge Pool -- Spend 10 - 15 minutes in the steam then take a plunge in the outside pool. Repeat 2 or 3 times. Your body will feel clean and envigorated.
2. Try a Hot Stone Massage with Mud Wrap treatment. WOW
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ste. Anne's Spa, situated in the Haldimand Hills gazes down on over 400 acres of forested rolling hills overlooking Lake Ontario. It is Ontario's largest destination and day spa, offering extensive spa facilities, luxuriously appointed guest rooms, fine dining, and an array of spa treatments. Surrounding the main inn at Ste. Anne's are private guesthouses, truly a unique aspect of the "spa village" experience. Located only 90 minutes east of Toronto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Expedia and Hotel.de so you can book your Ste. Anne's Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ste. Anne`s Hotel Grafton
- Ste. Anne's Spa Grafton, Ontario