“A taste of old world Europe in southern Ontario”
Review of Ste. Anne's Spa

Ste. Anne's Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Oakville, Canada
“A taste of old world Europe in southern Ontario”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband treated me to an overnight visit to Ste. Anne's for an anniversary gift. Our experience couldn't have been better! What a delight and treasure this place is. It's charm envelopes you from the moment you walk under the wrought iron arbour onto the grounds. Immediately the stress of life begins to melt away.
The staff are warm and friendly. Special thanks to Cynthia (who helped me book our room, spa treatments and meal times), Raul at the front desk, David in the restaurant, Stefanie in retail, Terry-Lynn (who gave my husband the best massage he has ever had), and Arlene (whose yoga class was physically and emotionally healing for me) for making out visit memorable.
We stayed in the Games room and highly recommend it, especially for winter visits. It has privacy by being separate from the main building and convenience as it is attached to the main building by a covered patio.
The all-inclusive nature of our package, that included the room; a breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner; and a spa allowance for each of us added to our relaxation as all our decisions had been made ahead of time.
The way the restaurant works is brilliant. No need to dress up; spa robes are standard dress especially for lunch and afternoon tea! No need to worry about pricing; just enjoy the delicious food ... every course at every meal was wonderful. Sample a wide range of teas ... I discovered a new favourite (maybe you will too). And if you enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine with meals, the price and selection are right .... you bring your own!
As this was our first visit, we have not tried every spa experience Ste. Anne's has to offer, however, based on our limited experience we highly recommend:
1. The Eucalyptus Steam Room + Plunge Pool -- Spend 10 - 15 minutes in the steam then take a plunge in the outside pool. Repeat 2 or 3 times. Your body will feel clean and envigorated.
2. Try a Hot Stone Massage with Mud Wrap treatment. WOW

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tucker501

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Our visit to Ste. Anne's Spa provided us with the inspiration to build a better lifestyle and to appreciate the spa and facilities. Our treatments were terrific and ever since we have been voting for Ste. Anne's Spa in all the reviews. To put it simply; renew, vitalize and experience healing of the mind body and soul.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fireplace, each room has its own style.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dsrfield
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at Ste. Annes as a birthday treat to myself! All the staff were wondeful - everyone was knowledgable, and willing to help at any time. The food was good - but they are not lisenced, so bring a bottle of wine or two with you!
The grotto (the hot tub, lap pool etc) is quite small and can get pretty noisy when it is busy.
Overall I had a wonderful stay, and would certainly go back again.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the winter, request a room in the main building, other wise you have to walk o...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank VictoriaS194
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I recently visited the spa with my 85 year old grandmother, my mother, and her three sisters. We live nearby, so we only went for the day. It was a fantastic experience. Right from the start we were treated like queens. They were very accommodating for my grandmother. We enjoyed our time in the steam room and the hot tub just chatting. Of course, the treatments were relaxing, and the food is always phenomenal, but the real attraction to Ste. Anne's is that it is a relaxing, slow-paced day away from the city. It is the perfect way to unwind, de-stress and catch up with loved ones. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karissataryn
prince edward county, ontario
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have been here a few times and always have a great day. It really is beautiful in the spring/summer when you get to take advantage of the surrounding countryside, loungers, hammocks, etc. but it's also nice to spend the day curled up on a couch reading a good book when it is cold outside. The treatments are great, staff are friendly, and overall the spa has a comfy- not pretentious- feel to it. Plus the food is AMAZING. I love the fact that this is an all inclusive spa. Yes, it can be a bit pricey (especially overnight) but I compared a half day at local day spas near me and found that Ste. Anne's was actually cheaper (and nicer).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank countygirl74
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We just returned from our three day stay at St. Anne's (my husband, son, daughter and myself). It was so relaxing and the guys didn't think they would enjoy a spa but felt totally relaxed and really enjoyed their treatments. We were enjoying getting together again as our daughter has been away for six months and leaves again in two weeks.. Our son is very busy at university and we don't see him often, so this was a nice treat. I will compliment Laura Leavitt as she helped me plan this and I went with all her recommendations and she was so helpful. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is great and lots of choices for any palate. I would highly recommend St. Anne's for anyone who truly would like to relax and pamper themselves .

Linda

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Deagazio
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I have stayed here each season and I LOVE it. I usually go alone however last time I brought a long time friend and she enjoyed herself immensely. So far I have stayed in the cottages but this time I will be staying in the main Inn. The cottages are superb and a shuttle is but a call away. There are many free things to do here including the eucalyptus steam room, outdoor hot tub and cold pool, wonderful swimming pools etc. (I haven't even been to the indoor pool yet.) The food is beyond superb and the staff is extremely friendly ~ even on the phone. There is a wonderful huge hammock which My friend and I spent a lazy few hours in one afternoon. I have met some amazingly nice people here. Last time I had an outdoor massage in one of the little canopied huts. I feel so spoiled when I go. I'm looking forward to going again in 3 days. I am sooooo glad I discovered Ste. Annes. Now I know what a REAL vacation is ! A class act.

Room Tip: I have been happy with all of the rooms I've stayed in but Haldimand West was my favorite so far...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank kimmmmmmy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
11.9 km away
8.7 km away
Baltimore Bed & Breakfast
Baltimore Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 2 in Baltimore

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!