New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grafton
Toronto, Canada
“Heaven on earth...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I popped by Ste. Anne's last summer on the heels of a stay at The Dorset Manor to see what all the fuss is about but it seemed too busy and too loud for my liking (especially compared to the Dorset which is soooo quiet and relaxing). But this winter when I needed a getaway and saw there was a winter special (less than $200 per night) I thought that I would check it out in the hopes that winter would be much quieter and less busy...and I was RIGHT! I stayed for 4 nights and in 2 different rooms. First and foremost, Ste. Anne's sits in the midst of a spectacular landscape (500 acres) and the snowy landscape was incredible. The building and grounds were something I really enjoyed exploring and it was soooo quiet. I was treated like a VIP from the moment I entered until when I left. I stayed in the Frances Anne Hopkins room for the first 3 nights and it was the most incredible suite I have ever seen (mini fridge and safe in room was a nice touch). It was ultra quiet and on the 3rd floor so it afforded me beautiful views (you can take an elevator to the 2nd floor but there are only stairs to access your room on the 3rd). I was so excited the first night that I had a terrible sleep! I enjoyed every area of that room to its' fullest, lounging in every seat and staring out each window while enjoying the classical music from the radio. The next morning I added on an extra night and due to the FAH room being booked already, I was placed in the Canopy room...TOTALLY different experience and I loved it just as much. About 1/4 of the size of the FAH but cozy and wonderful...I loved that I could feel the history in the Canopy room. I loved the creaky, original wood floors, the rounded doorways, the wood burning fireplace, the ULTRA comfy bed, the view of the grounds and the bright and modern bathroom. It too was quiet, despite it's location in the original part of the building with rooms on either side (this room too is only accessed by stairs).

For a tea drinker, the unlimited, wonderful array of teas is one of my favorite treats about being at Ste. Anne's (& The Dorset), especially high tea every afternoon. The food is shockingly good for such healthy/organic selections! I cannot name all the dishes I loved but the beef stew and the tofu (I know, tofu? BUT SERIOUSLY, it is unbelievable) are amongst my favourites. Bring your own liquor if you would like to enjoy a drink with your meals.

The yoga and stretch classes I took were a lovely addition to my experience. The classes were small and intimate. The euchalyptus steam room can be a bit overwhelming with the scent but you get a great sweat on! I loved that the outdoor hot tubs were fully operational (and VERY popular) but I did not indulge. The spa waiting room was never busy or noisy and I enjoyed hanging out there while waiting for my services. The massages I received were mush-inducing (I had a swedish and a hot stone) and I also had some hand and foot treatments that were lovely. I also really liked the "spa shop" and its' selection of beauty products and other spa appropriate items.

There is a room right off of the dining room that has a fireplace and games and lots of couches and chairs to relax in and it was the perfect place to have a cup of tea after the meal to relax and digest by the fire. I loved it. Alternatively, in the evening I would take my dessert and tea into my room and enjoy it there as well.

Ste. Anne's was the best spa experience of my life and I have longed to go back ever since I left (and leaving was painful, let me tell you...who would want to leave this place?). I am excited to return in a couple of months and see how the summer experience compares to the winter one.

Room Tip: Feel like spoiling yourself? Francis Anne Hopkins is a dream. Want cozy and charming? Canopy room...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank LeisureLadyJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

If you can get away mid-week you can get fabulous value and a wonderful atmosphere at this spa. The food was wonderful and I loved that they handed you a robe as you came in and were quite happy if you wore them to dinner! Beautiful location, very accessible from TO.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

We try to get out to Ste Annes a few times a year if we can. This visit my mom, sister and I went. As always our day was amazing!! The service is exceptional. The food is delicious and fresh and healthy. We did the afternoon stretch class which was a nice way to relax and break up our day. The facilities are fabulous - feels like you are at home. I had the massage with Mike who is by far the best RMT I have been to. Mom and my sister both did eucalyptus wraps and loved them. All and all, another fabulous day at Ste Annes!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Courtney1212
Whitby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed with my girlfriend from March 5th to the 7th at the Farmhouse and booked our treatments in the main building. All staff were so curtious and helpful. The treatments are worth every penny! I would definitely recommend the Caribbean Therapy, Chakra Massage and Aroma Hot Stone Massage for total relaxation. The "grotto" where the Eucalyptus steam room and hot tub and plunge pools are a little small, but fine for us since we went mid-week. Not sure how hectic it would be during busier times and weekends though. I can't say enough about the chef's menu and the overall taste of the spa cuisine-- all of it was so flavourful and presented with such beauty any we could truly taste the freshness of all the ingredients. Not to mention the extra special afternoon English High Tea - What a treat!!! I would definitely say we got a lot of value for the money we spent and we are already planning to go back, this time with a larger group of friends. You have to go if you haven't had the chance!

Room Tip: The part of the farmhouse where we stayed -Farmhouse A - was two separate bedrooms, one with a king...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Marie C
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful experience. I spent a relaxing day with my Sister-In-Law and we were pampered and treated well. We arrived in the morning and received our tour, robes and itinerary and from that point on, the rest of the day was sheer bliss. We had treatments in the morning and afternoon and in between we feasted on absolutely phenomenal food.... Who knew that a hamburger from a SPA could taste so good. It was a much needed of rest and relaxation and I thank you so very much for the experience. This wasn't my first visit to Ste. Anne's and I can tell you that it most certainly will not be my last. Plans are already in the works for another day or weekend with my friends.

Karen Bemister

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen B
Stirling, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Our visit to Ste.Anne's Spa was amazing! There was 9 of us girls from age 21 to 80 years old and our day was filled with relaxation, laughter and many amazing memories. The staff at Ste.Anne's spa would go above and beyond to make your stay a great experience. I would recommend Ste.Anne's spa for a getaway anyday. Most of us are farmers so we have never experienced anything like this before and we are already planning to make it a yearly ritual.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank NatalieKathleen
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband treated me to an overnight visit to Ste. Anne's for an anniversary gift. Our experience couldn't have been better! What a delight and treasure this place is. It's charm envelopes you from the moment you walk under the wrought iron arbour onto the grounds. Immediately the stress of life begins to melt away.
The staff are warm and friendly. Special thanks to Cynthia (who helped me book our room, spa treatments and meal times), Raul at the front desk, David in the restaurant, Stefanie in retail, Terry-Lynn (who gave my husband the best massage he has ever had), and Arlene (whose yoga class was physically and emotionally healing for me) for making out visit memorable.
We stayed in the Games room and highly recommend it, especially for winter visits. It has privacy by being separate from the main building and convenience as it is attached to the main building by a covered patio.
The all-inclusive nature of our package, that included the room; a breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner; and a spa allowance for each of us added to our relaxation as all our decisions had been made ahead of time.
The way the restaurant works is brilliant. No need to dress up; spa robes are standard dress especially for lunch and afternoon tea! No need to worry about pricing; just enjoy the delicious food ... every course at every meal was wonderful. Sample a wide range of teas ... I discovered a new favourite (maybe you will too). And if you enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine with meals, the price and selection are right .... you bring your own!
As this was our first visit, we have not tried every spa experience Ste. Anne's has to offer, however, based on our limited experience we highly recommend:
1. The Eucalyptus Steam Room + Plunge Pool -- Spend 10 - 15 minutes in the steam then take a plunge in the outside pool. Repeat 2 or 3 times. Your body will feel clean and envigorated.
2. Try a Hot Stone Massage with Mud Wrap treatment. WOW

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tucker501
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grafton
13.6 km away
25.4 km away
Elmhirst's Resort
Elmhirst's Resort
#1 of 2 in Keene

Been to Ste. Anne's Spa? Share your experiences!