“Breakfast was disappointing.”

Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The room was nice, dinner lovely and our waiter top notch. But, the menu on the website indicated a fresh, made-to order breakfast. Instead, we were given a Super 8-style breakfast bar, and not a good one. It was disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank Laverne90
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Laverne90,
I'm sorry that our complimentary Country Breakfast did not live up to your expectations, but I am pleased that you enjoyed dinner and your Inn Room. Customer feedback is very important to us at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, and we thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

There are newer reviews for Elm Hurst Inn & Spa

Reviewed 29 December 2011

All in all, Elmhurst Inn & Spa is okay, but we wouldn't hurry back. It all started off on a bad note when my wife booked us the Jacuzzi Suite last week. She has had a bad back and was quite looking forward to having a nice hot jacuzzi bath as soon as we checked in. Well, the first thing reception says to us when we get there, is that they made a mistake and that the suite had already been booked, so they gave us the "Lady Cumberland" room which had a fireplace instead, and at a reduced rate. Reception 'claimed' that they sent us an e-mail stating such, only 10 minutes after she booked the room, but we never got one. My wife even checked our e-mail on her Blackberry once we got settled in our room, but there was nothing. Either way, we had already driven all the way there and were looking forward to a rare night away from the kids, so we weren't going back now. The fireplace room was okay, but it seemed that the fireplace was just kind of 'there'. There was no ambience to it. It was about five feet from the bed with no rug or chairs beside it...like it was an afterthought. The whole room was nice, but there was nothing special about any of it. When we checked out, my wife suggested to them that if they ever double book a room with anyone else, maybe call them...don't just 'allegedly' send an e-mail. I have a feeling that someone wanted the room after we booked it and offered them a little bit more for it. I have no evidence to say that...it's just a hunch. No reason to go back. I will say that the bed was really comfy though.

Room Tip: The place is okay, but in the middle of nowhere. Good if you want that, I suppose. The town of Inger...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LailasDaddy

Dear LailasDaddy,
Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize for the mix-up with your room reservation and can understand that a Fireplace Inn Room might disappoint when your wife had hoped to enjoy a Jacuzzi. Our general manager is looking in to what happened.
It's a shame you did not dine in Elm Hurst's mansion restaurant. It is certainly one of the most unique dining experiences in SW Ontario! I hope you will stop by for a meal the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Had an very enjoyable evening at the Elm Hurst Inn near Ingersoll. Wonderful building, service, room and dinner experience. The room was newly renovated, quiet and well appointed. The dinner was excellent in quality, portions, presentation and price. A nice menu selection.
The hot breakfast was a bonus.

Room Tip: I understand all the rooms have not been renovated. I would suggest asking for a renovated room as i...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Collwd-Bala

Dear disappointed155019,
It's wonderful to hear that your stay at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa did not disappoint, and I'm pleased to let you know that renovations to our Inn Rooms are now complete!

Reviewed 14 October 2011

What a transformation. The Elm Hurst Inn has gone from 'Country' to 'Classic Elegance'. I have been a corporate client with the Elm Hurst for more than 15 years and earlier this year when I heard that some renovations where being done I was anxious to see them. On a recent stay with my husband I took the time to enjoy the fountains, manicured lawns and gardens on what was a perfect weekend away. And I can't say enough about our room, it was gorgeous. Thanks to all of the staff, housekeeping, front desk, dining room, and the Sales Manager all attentive, pleasant and welcoming. Can't wait to return, whether on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JenD1953
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2011

Dear JenD1953,
It's wonderful to hear feedback from a long-time corporate client and guest. I am glad you and your husband were able to enjoy a weekend away and experience all the great changes at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2011

My husband had planned a birthday/anniversary surprise for me for the beginning of September. Although he booked late he was surprised we were able to get a room on the holiday weekend. I know why. Our room was way at the back of the hotel across from the housekeepers closet and although the windows in our room were block glass, we could hear the cars in the parking lot. Fine whatever it was a room, I guess. I think they actually put the room together the day we arrived. There was alot of mis-matched furniture, stains on the rug, curtains and I won't mention the bathroom and tub. The queen sized bed perfectly resembled a double and the jacuzzi tub in our room, would actually spray all over the room instead of in the tub because it was so unlevel. The good thing is we were close to the spa so it was a short walk. Unfortunatly that was the only thing close, except the back parking lot. We were able to see the renovations occuring, in fact I think every other room on the floor we stayed on was being renovated. The new rooms look beautiful. Again unfortunatly we probably paid just as much for our horrible room at the end of the hall as people paid for the nice newly renovated rooms.
The grounds were beautiful I can see why couples go here to get married,in fact there were 3 weedings the weekend we were there.
The spa was fantastic.
The restaraunt, breakfast buffet was ok. For two of us goingto eat it was uncomfortable because all the tables were set up for large groups. So we sat at a table for 8 oh well. Dinner was good our waiter was very efficient!
I think next time my husband plans a surprise trip for me he is going to do more research.
I think for the money we spent, there are way nicer Inns in south western ontario to stay.

Room Tip: A renovated room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank northener007

Dear northerner007,
Thank you for your comments. The September long weekend was indeed a busy time at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. As you noted, our guest rooms are being renovated; the work will be complete by early November. I am glad you took the time to enjoy our spa and dining room and I hope you will return for another weekend away. I am sure our new rooms will not disappoint.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

Very beautifull place the grounds are very well keept,the dinner buffet on sundays is amazing

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank miha55
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We had our wedding at the Elm Hurst Inn (ceremony, photos, reception and stay) in September, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Right from our very first meeting last year with the General Manager, the Events Coordinator and the Banquet Manager, all the way up to our special day, we were treated like family, and wanted for nothing. The Events Coordinator was absolutely amazing, always had the time to chat with me, and assured me that there was no such thing as a "stupid question." On the day of our wedding I didn't have to worry about anything! The ceremony space, the dining hall --- everything, was taken care of! They did the set up and centre pieces, delivered the flowers, set up the placecards, all of the little things that are time consuming and taken for granted --- everything to perfection! I know many people who have been recently married and they were all shocked as to how much the Elm Hurst did for us!
The facility is beautiful, the grounds are stunning and the food was impeccable. The Inn has undergone some recent facelifts and the rooms and grounds are even more beautiful, while still maintaining their "old world charm." The day of our wedding was pretty well flawless, and much of the credit goes to the staff at the Elm Hurst. Our wedding photos are stunning and I couldn't imagine having better pictures at another venue. Our guests all gave us glowing feedback, and they all had a marvelous time. They all commented about how excellent the food was. Their chef is fabulous and the Banquet Manager touched base with us all throughout the evening to ensure everything was to our satisfaction.
The only thing we would change if we were to do it all again, would be that the day could last much, much longer. We were all sorry it had to end.
Another super huge thank you to everyone at the Elm Hurst for making our day unforgettable!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mel S

Dear Mel S,
It sounds like your special day was picture perfect! Thank you for sharing your comments and beautiful photos.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
#1 of 41 in London
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Ingersoll
Central London
Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!