“Friendly and lovely restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elm Hurst Inn & Spa

Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly and lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed during the week. As I like a nice bath and the regular rooms have showers only, I upgraded to a jacuzzi suite for a few dollars extra. The jacuzzi was huge and I enjoyed it. The room was attractive and the bed was very comfortable. I was travelling by myself and found myself in a ground level room overlooking the gravel parking lot. I wish I had asked for a better location, however the room was fine for my needs. I had a massage in the spa. Great people working there, however the spa is basically in the basement without windows and is tired. So not a very luxurious experience. The dining rooms are in the old mansion. I only had breakfast there, but the food was very good and though it was a buffet the wait staff kept the coffee coming. A very nice experience. I think it would be even more enjoyable in the spring or summer when the gardens are nicer than they are in February. If you go, be sure to visit Tillsonburg, a town about a 15 minute trip south.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the ground level
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Carmag,
Thank you for visiting Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and am happy to let you know that our Aveda Spa will be undergoing renovations during the first week of April. I hope you will come back to see the results on your next visit to Oxford County.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Spa was dirty, especially the whirlpool. Staff was unfriendly. Attention the clients was lacking, we had to ask for water & slippers. Services were not great. Overall not what you would expect from a high end spa, which it is not. We are two sisters who were very much looking forward to a spa day & night away to relax and were very disappointed.
The stay at the inn and the rooms were ok, not great.

Room Tip: Just avoid the spa.
Dear Geoff L,
I'm sorry that your visit to our Aveda Spa did not meet your expectations, but am happy to let you know that it will be undergoing renovations at the beginning of April.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We had a lovely dinner with our friends at the hotel restaurant on the patio.
I liked the cheddar soup and the Martini with maple.
It was calm and quiet and we will definitely visit there again

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Great food, great service. The hamburger was amazing and the soup was unique and refreshing. All in all a very positive experience, will come again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Port Burwell, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Three couples enjoyed a lovely dinner on the patio.
The staff was friendly, the food was delicious and the weather was great.
Reasonably priced.
Highly recommended.

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Booked an overnighter at the Elm Hurst inn, got one of the spa packages. The hotel is beautiful, We had a jacuzzi room with a king size bed. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, the room, building and grounds were fantastic and the massage in the morning was excellent. The included breakfast was delicious. Only drawback was the fitness area left much to be desired. Definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Kitchener
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

My fiance and I stayed here Wednesday evening because we had a Groupon deal. We upgraded to the Jacuzzi room and enjoyed our stay very much. The room was very nice and clean, the bathroom is very modern and was spotless. We had a comfy king sized bed and loved how the Jacuzzi was in the bedroom, so we could relax in there, while watching TV.

We ate dinner in the Mansion Restaurant. The room we were seated in, was somewhat small, and even though there were a few other fellow diners, it was awkwardly quiet. My fiance and I just brushed it off and ordered our food. He had the Pork Tenderloin and I ordered the Chicken Parmesan. Let me tell you something... we would consider ourselves real foodies, and we've dined at many upscale restaurants, but this was the best food we've ever tasted. I couldn't believe something as simple as Chicken Parmesan could taste so amazing! And the Pork Tenderloin, absolutely scrumptious. We then understood why the room was so quiet, everyone was enjoying their food too much to even talk! We heard an elderly couple beside us rave about the food as well. I didn't order an appetizer because I wanted to leave room for dessert, but my portion was too big and we had it packed to go. We were also served complimentary bread with whipped butter and cream cheese, my fiance enjoyed that very much. Our server was OK. He did his job to a minimum and served us, but wasn't entirely present, or looked excited to be there.

Now our server at breakfast, she was amazing! Very lovely lady, happy and eager to please. When there was no scrabbled egg left, a gentleman informed the server, and within minutes, she brought out a fresh batch, and served him at his table, even before refilling the buffet. Breakfast was served in a much larger dining room. I read a few other reviews about the buffet not having any meat (bacon or sausage) and I believe management took this into consideration because when we went, there was bacon! They had a wonderful assortment of foods, and juices, it was very satisfying and a wonderful start to our day.

We stayed in room 121, which I don't believe was in a good location on the property. It was on the lower floor and right beside the Spa. The entire floor had a distinct smell, which I think could be the chlorine from the hot tub/sauna? As well, our window was facing the back parking lot, and we could literally see people walking in through the back door, so I would request for a room on the main floor or upper floor.

We'll be dining at the seafood buffet at the end of this month, and will definitely stay here again. It was a very relaxing one night getaway and we'll book one of the suites next time.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 121, which I don't believe was in a good location on the property. It was on t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sLuvS2travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
Idlewyld Inn & Spa
#1 of 41 in London
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Ingersoll
The Bruce Hotel
#3 of 18 in Stratford
Central London
Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!