All reviews homemade muffins walking distance hockey team off the highway clean rooms travel lodge continental breakfast is comfortable stay breakfast was excellent close to downtown business trip thunder bay place to stay northern ontario bed was comfortable kap internet
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Was looking forward to our stay as we passed through Kapuskasing. Our initial thought was okay the room smells like smoke but what can you do...then I went into the bathroom and there was a dirty washcloth on top of the shower head. There was a few dead flies on the windowsill too. Kinda disappointing.
The air conditioner rattles a lot too. Maybe go to a local motel instead as they focus more on cleanliness.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cindy L, General Manager at Travelodge Kapuskasing, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for staying at Travelodge Kapuskasing. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay. I would like to apologize and reassure you that I will look into the issues that you have noted in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel. We continually try our very best to offer each and every guest a restful and enjoyable stay.

We do not wish your last memory of Travelodge Kapuskasing to be a negative one, therefore we hope that you would reconsider staying with us. I can be reached at cindy.travelodge@gmail.com or call 705-335-6171.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I'd been on the road for quite some time - yuck! and I was really needing a feeling of home - I found it in Kapuskasing. The Travel Lodge was exactly what the doctor ordered. It was clean, friendly, just very pleasant. A bunch of travellers were outside bar-b-q'ing together having a grand ol' time - it was nice to behold. It was an experience I won't soon forget. The staff was engaging and friendly. I'd have no troubles recommending this location and this town. A big shout out to the folks of Kapuskasing - YOU ROCK!!!!

Room tip: rooms facing the greenery out around back the best.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Cindy L, General Manager at Travelodge Kapuskasing, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for the fabulous 5 star review.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and having the opportunity to meet you. Our Team greatly appreciates you taking the time to share some of the highlights of your stay. It is so nice to read in writing from our guests what we truly believe...that all of our Team members are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and for your recommendation.

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Room was amazing. Staff were very helpful. Cindy was a wonderful host. Had plenty of recommendations as to where to eat and sights to see. Great hospitality.

If ever in Kapuskasing, it's gotta be the Travelodge!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Cindy L, General Manager at Travelodge Kapuskasing, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear Guest,

Our Team certainly appreciates your positive comments and that you chose Travelodge during your stay in Kapuskasing.

We are pleased to hear that there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed. Our team was also thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations when it came to our customer service, you can trust us to ensure any future visits will be just as delightful and memorable.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

Off the highway, but worth stopping in. The service as usual was good and friendly. It is always clean and comfortable, ive never had a complaint. The breakfast, is decent and nice to wake up to. I always, enjoy coming back.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Cindy L, General Manager at Travelodge Kapuskasing, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We appreciate you sharing all the highlights of your many stays with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Travelodge Team.

Reviewed April 21, 2018

The best thing I can say is that the bed was fairly comfortable. However, we noticed quite a few items in need of repair and reported them to the manager the next morning as we were leaving. Her response was simply: "that is where the contractors stay". What kind of attitude is that? The swing-bar door lock was broken, the washroom door lock was malfunctioning, a table lamp was inoperable, 2 lights in bathroom were not working, tub drain not working properly, no toilet paper dispense, no towel racks, carpet was bunched up (easy for senior to trip), hot/cold water taps were reversed. Obviously none of these issues were critical, but if I owned the business I think I would want to have a manager that cared just a bit more. We paid $122 for the room. The breakfast was okay.

Room tip: Look elsewhere
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hector V

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for staying at Travelodge Kapuskasing.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay. I would like to apologize once again and reassure you that I have looked into the issues that you have noted in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel. We continually try our very best to offer each and every guest a restful and enjoyable stay.

We do not wish your last memory of Travelodge Kapuskasing to be a negative one, therefore we hope that you would reconsider staying with us next time you are in the area. I can be reached at cindy.travelodge@gmail.com or call 705-335-6171 if you have any further questions or concerns.