“Dropped In”

Chuckwagon Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Kingsville
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a typical Canadian diner, with typical menu. Service was good and our waiter was pleasant and helpful. We found the food very average, though portions are large: we - four adults - had popcorn shrimps, chicken fillets, served with fries, and pork skewers with mash; my husband found his fish 'tasteless', though we were assured it was 'real' fillets of cod on the menu, and not from supermarket boxes of cod portions, which we dislike intensely. We weren't keen on the fries either. However, the chocolate pudding, with cream, was enjoyed by all. The strawberry milkshake is served with a large portion of cream (from a can) on top, and some strawberry 'sauce' - not what I'd expected. Overall - not as good as we'd expected from other reviews on TA. Doubtful if we'll return.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Never heard of it, took a chance and it was totally worth it!! First time there we had broasted chicken, pickerel dinner and gyro and Greek salad. Everything was excellent, can't wait to go back and try something new... staff very friendly!!!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

My wife, daughter and I went to Chuckwagon Restaurant for dinner last Friday and had wonderful meals. Our dinners were very good and more than enough to eat. The atmosphere is casual, service was great. We are new to Kingsville and this restaurant will definitely be a frequent visit for us. My wife and I have also had a couple breakfasts here and they do a great job with that too.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Kingsville is a very small town that really emphasizes the importance of community, family and quality. The Chuckwagon really embodies these qualities as well, always making it a quick, enjoyable, social and delicious experience. The Chuckwagon has always been a family run business and from the moment you walk in the front door you feel like you become apart of the family, and it is clear how much the community loves this place. The staff is always accommodating for any special requests, making it easier for people like me with certain allergies. In terms of the food... wooo! It really embraces the Greek background, while having options that will satisfy the more tradition Canadian eaters. One of my favourites is the gyros, now that is some Greek tradition. I HIGHLY recommend the Chuckwagon to any one travelling through the small town of Kingsville; you'll get to immerse yourself into one of the most loved restaurants in the town.

2  Thank Brittney1221
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I've been coming to Chuckwagon since as long as I can remember, to now being through university. It's always been a place i've found myself going back to because of the low priced breakfast, and the amazing service. You can always be seated within a reasonable time even if the place is at capacity. Taking my friends here they have always enjoyed the pleasantness of all the employees. It truly is a family atmosphere, delicious breakfast and hands down the best brunch food in town. If you are making way through this town, stop in you won't be disappointed.