“More than just "Business"!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Milton
Reviewed 5 March 2012

When I was picked to go on a business trip to Milton, Ontario, I was there for a big surprise! I am originally from Sunny Florida and when my company needed my assistance at their Milton RDC, I without hesitation packed my bags and there I was on my way to Canada. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton became my home for the next 3 weeks. I had never been in snow or experienced cold weather like the one I experienced in Milton in the month of “January.” Anyhow, that did not keep me from exploring Milton, and the ones that really help me enjoy this small town were the hotel staff. Their guidance and opinions made this business trip a little vacation for me.
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, not only it is accessible, but it is a great place to stay, either for only one night or for long term.
The staff was extremely helpful and very nice to me, three weeks it is a long time, and I really got to know them a little and enjoyed their company as well. The room was beautiful, immense and the bed was huge… I was glad that the heat never failed me! The cleaning staff was great and very helpful. The breakfast buffet was good and they did incorporated fruits, starches, protein, cereals, all kinds of muffins, breads w/butter, PB & Jelly, coffee, cocoa, tea, and juices.

If I ever were to go back to Milton, I would definitely stay in this hotel again. There are several restaurants that are also great and recommend by the staff i.e. Montana’s cookhouse, Kelsey’s and let us not forget, the Beer Store! Anyhow, see my other reviews on these restaurants. If you ever do go to Milton, I do recommend for you all to stay in this hotel.

Lotus

Room Tip: stay closer to the Elevators, especially when traveling with a lot of suitcases.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lotus L

Reviewed 2 March 2012

A typical nice, newer HIX. No major complaints except for a few details, like the green bananas as breakfast items, and the residual vomit on the side of my boxspring and bedskirt. And enough with the artificially sweetened yogurt already. Don't worry about the barf, just buy better yogurt. Overall a positive experience. 7/10

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2012

There are some pretty extreme comments on here about the hotel. For the most part it is just like every other HIE I've ever stayed at. Things are begining to be a little run down. The gym equipment is near dead. But for the most part it is a decent place to stay for the price. Comments that the staff don't care much are pretty accurate. If your into that personal touch when you stay try somewhere else. If you just need a clean comfortable room for the night it's a good value.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We stay in Milton once a year for an event and this is our 3rd time at this hotel.

Positives: Check-in staff was friendly and helpful. The room on the 5th floor was clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable. We didn't use the pool or breakfast this trip so can't comment on that.

Negatives: The clerk at "check-out" was beyond rude. I waited behind someone who was checking in to drop off our key and the clerk barely acknowledged me except to glare at me as I placed the keys on the counter. I wasn't sure whether I needed to physically check out and drop off the keys but next time I wouldn't bother.

Also their wifi set-up is absurd. It requires an 8-digit alphanumeric password EVERY TIME you want to use the internet. So if your device goes to sleep after a minute of not being used, you have to type in the password again to get back online. Plus it only worked in the room, not in the common areas of the hotel.

We've never had a problem staying here before, but I might look for other options next time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cuteontariocouple
Reviewed 29 November 2011

What ever you do don't stay here! It may be one of two hotels in Milton... It's worth the drive if you need to be in Milton. Stay far away.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Ruth-Anne S
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed for a night during my son's skating competion. The room was fine and clean. However, the stain at the bottom of the curtain does show it need a new replacement. The romm also provides two types of pillows - soft and hard but they don't necessary match with the description at all. Overall, the sleep was ok with four pillows (two of each type) in my bed.

The free Breakfast was good with a lot of varities.

All in all, it is a good stay. Will consider it again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I bet this was a nice hotel a few years ago when it was built. Unfortunately this is another example of a hotel that is just clean enough and just well enough maintained to be marginally acceptable.
I stayed here last year and it was a little nicer then than it is now.
Torn wallpaper in hallways, elevator door track dirty, rooms not detail cleaned, etc, etc,

Stay here if you must, if your expectations are not too high you won't be let down, but for the money there are nicer hotels within easy travel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Dale S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
0.2 km away
9.1 km away
Toronto West KOA
Toronto West KOA
#1 of 1 in Campbellville

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton? Share your experiences!