“Under renovation but OK for my 3 nights!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Milton
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I was there for work and it was quiet, nice included breakfast but yes, going through reno.
Didn't bother me much. Might return for work if needed. I was also able to use the Breakfast Area to work and grab a coffee as the same time :-)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

A nice and simple hotel for a quick business trip. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable beds and nice views as well as nice breakfast. I was late waking up for breakfast on a couple of occasions but the staff were nice enough to wait for me!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Jannica D, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Hi Yummydiarie5!

Thank you for leaving your comment about your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable.

We appreciate you choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton and we look forward to see you again!

Jannica D.
Assistant General Manager
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I will start out by saying that I stayed in a completely renovated room. Rooms are very nice and beds very comfortable. That being said, it is under construction but floors under this condition are closed.

Now the bad, do not expect internet service. This is my 3rd time staying here and I think it gets worse with every stay, if it's even working. I had planned to work in my room but will have to head down to the McDonald's for Wifi. This is huge for a business traveler. I even showed the staff with a speed test where it was extremely slow - comparable to dial up & getting kicked off constantly. Download speed .57MB Upload is .08MB see pic. My only other disappointment was the amount of water pressure in the shower.

Once the renovation is complete, internet issues are fixed and reliable, this could easily be a 4-5 star place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Hello One2traveling,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express And Suites Milton ON and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with the internet service and water pressure. I am sorry for the letdown. Please be assured that the issues you have raised are shared with hotel management for improvements necessary.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights. First impression of the hotel was not nice. Construction gates everywhere and a tunnel entrance to enter the building. As we checked in , paperwork was not found and the price was not told to us. Employee said it was the response iliry of the person who worked before him. Pool is not available same with hot tub . Most floors were being under construction so it was hard to nap during the day with all the noise. We had to get new room keys twice because they stopped working and they where not near a cellular device. I've stayed in many hotels and this is the first the deposit was not given back during check out. Was told it'd take a few days. Not Impressed .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hi Natashaxo,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience your experienced during your recent stay due to the ongoing repairs. Our team does not think the impact of the renovation upon our guests is funny, we work hard to mitigate any impact on our guests and we are sorry we weren't successful with you.

I will share your experience with our team in order to better serve our guests. We hope that you will come back and visit us next time. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask for the duty manager.

Best Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We blocked off rooms for our wedding this September, we had a contract done last fall. We had a block of rooms reserved until aug 14th and we also were told we would get a discounted room with jacuzzi the night of our wedding. When my aunt called in the spring (luckily so early) to book a room they didn't have our names in the system. They LOST our reservation for the block of rooms. How does that even happen for such a large booking? Luckily we had our contract and had to physically bring it in ourselves, where they said a mistake had been made and yes we now had the block of rooms. My guests were very unhappy when calling in to book- they said the staff were quite rude and unhappy on the phone. That upsets me as this was for a wedding and they should be happy to book my guests in and make the entire experience as nice as can be. Well it doesn't stop here- my fiancé calls he day before our wedding to ask about early check in for us and how bride and grooms normally check in and guess what? THEY DONT HAVE A BOOKING FOR US! You can imagine how distraught we were as this was for OUR wedding night. They told us we were supposed to call in advance to book our room (which was already in our contract) but neglected to tell us this prior, and it did not state this anywhere on our paperwork. When we asked if we could just book a jacuzzi room like what they had on our contract the response was " we don't have any jacuzzi rooms as they are all under construction" (so the room we originally were to have didn't even exist?!) when asked if we could just have any room they then said they were sold out. Basically they were not accommodating at all, they were sloppy, dishonest, and need a serious reality check in the world of customer service! This was our wedding night and they did not offer us anything to help our situation, they were heartless. This infuriates me as we were the ones who brought them our guests business and CHOSE to book them. I will never stay at a holiday inn again. Luckily Mohawk inn in Campbellville was amazing and had empathy for our situation and booked us in with ease and kindness. Holiday inn you are in big trouble as Milton gets bigger and gets more hotels... if you are looking for a hotel in Milton DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY HERE.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hi talschouts!

Thanks for considering staying with us for your wedding and sharing your concerns! We're sorry to have missed the chance to host you because of issues with your wedding block reservation. We are committed to bring true hospitality to life, everyday. That said, I passed this on to our executive team for review, and I sent you a private message to learn more about your stay details.

Again, we value your feedback, and we hope that we can win back your heart back and try us again.

Many thanks,

Gian M

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I booked my room and nothing was mentioned about the construction, the pool being closed, that none of the rooms have bath tubs, or that construction hammering would start at 8:03 in the room next door. 8:03? Are you serious?? I paid full price to be hassled by the front desk clerk after a long day of traveling from Florida. I had to walk in to the hotel through a long fenced construction area. The desk clerk insisted that I walk all the way back out to get the plate number off my rental. This is my last holiday inn. Also there were no cookies at the front desk.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Hello lisamotley,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by our on going renovations. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. Also, this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Very nice Lobby. Renovated rooms on 5th floor are nice and modern.
One problem - wifi does not work!!!! Impossible to work if you are traveling on business.
Desk staff were extremely nice.

Second visit - Sept 2017.
4th and 5th floors are done renovation. Rooms are very nice - see photos attached.
Showers have both rain shower head from ceiling and hand held spray on the wall - nice and great for washing long hair!

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank barrhavenlovesthesun

Hi barrhavenlovesthesun,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our upgrades and staff service. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our WiFi. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a completely great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concern.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
IHGService

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
0.2 km away
9.1 km away
Toronto West KOA
Toronto West KOA
#1 of 1 in Campbellville

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milton? Share your experiences!