Orangeville Motel
TripAdvisor
Atlanta Motel(Orangeville)
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

This is our 3rd time at this hotel and our last . we have friends that live out this way and this hotel has smoking so we stay here. To start they had already taken the room payment off our credit card before we arrived as I book with booking.com so I can pay when I stay they should not have already been paid before we got there, next once again we didnt get the room we requested and given a room with 2 beds and told to only use 1 and last straw for me was the phone call this morning to our room tell g us we had 30 mins to check out ... WTF .... I have worked in the hotel industry almost 20 years you do not knock or call a room that is checking out till checkout time. Its rude and certainly not policy

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

Rooms clean but the place is tired and in need of tlc. Ok for one night but not much more. We asked for no smoking room, but smells of smoke, think you'd be better across the road. Asked for a kettle but none available, receptionist friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

The building and rooms are dated and has a smell of cigarettes, but the price is good. We stayed 2 nights the place is under new management and the staff is excellent and very friendly and quite helpeful we enjoyed our stay

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

As far as motels go this place is totally great it's not fancy but it's not expensive either upon arrival we were met by a lovely lady who was very courteous and we were offered free soft drinks to take to a room. The room had a light smell of dampness but that's not abnormal. The bedding was very clean upon inspection of the mattress no bugs or dirt or debris were found. The bathrooms were very clean and orderly and everything in the room was in good working order. The only thing we didn't care for was when the air conditioner would kick in the floor vents would put out strong odor of East Indian food likely from the owner's residence connected to the motel. Not really a terrible smell but not that Pleasant either. Perhaps a air freshener in the room like help with this. For $80 this is a very decent place to spend the night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brad P
Reviewed April 28, 2016

Some buddies and I were all filming a TV show up in Mono, not 5 minutes from the motel, and we needed a place to sleep instead of driving back and forth from Niagara Region everyday after 13 hours of filming. It was cheaper to split on a room.

We needed cheap, that's what we got. We stayed in Room 11.

One thing that was annoying was that we had to pay $40 to have the room opened early because we had just come off of a 13 hour night-time shoot and the regular check in time was 1pm, we arrived at 7am, tired and wanting to sleep.

I had made mention of this when I requested the room, but heard nothing of it. Paying that extra fee was annoying for sure but we needed to rest, so we paid it. Lessons learned.

This place isn't high class luxury or anything, it just did the job we needed it to. The room and main office smelled like smoke and cigarettes, our dated bed sheets has burns in them, and the whole atmosphere felt thick with odor.

I had read some reviews that said it was just a dated place, and while that is true, we were only concerned about bed bugs.

This place had piles of old mattresses in the dumpster and behind the building! Why would those be there if not for an infestation of some kind?

I thoroughly went over the mattresses and found a lot of black dots and questionable matter in the sheets, but it may have just been fluffs and lint.

We looked up what bed bugs looked like, what infested mattresses looked like and I even was up front with the lady at the front desk, she insisted the mattresses were brand-new and we were the first to sleep in them. They did smell fresh and clean, so I believe that. I was still uncertain about all the black dot fluffs and the possible risk of them being bugs.

In the end we took a risk and slept in the bed the first stay, and no one woke up with itches or rashes or bites, so I felt pretty relaxed after that. Good to go!

The beds themselves were basic, firm, picky people would call it "uncomfortable".

We had wifi, a mini-fridge, a coffee maker and a nice TV.

The washroom was small and had a very poor quality fan, the toilet spit cold water out of the handle every time we flushed so it got on your fingers.

In regards to the shower, we had excellent temperature and pressure, it was strong, but it was also the biting stinging kind of spray.

The tiles in the shower were black with probably mold, clearly not scrubbed well, and the heat was so much in the tiny little room that the walls, ceiling, toilet, sink, towel rack, and even the doorknob would sweat. It was hot, thick and humid stepping out of a shower and nearly like a sauna. The floor would get slippery and the ceiling even dripped.

We stayed on a Tuesday to Thursday, in April 2016.
This place is fine to stay at if you are trying to save money, but that's all.

I will not make a return

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs before you pay.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business