“Quiet and Good Food”
Review of The Stone Cellar

The Stone Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stone Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 63 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

In the lovely town of Perth, Ontario, I went with friends on their recommendation to the Stone Cellar. It was a quiet Sunday night so not many in the cosy restaurant. Our server was friendly and helpful. We decided on a filet of beef, the salmon special and the Frenched chicken breast which I had read about and wanted to try. The main dishes were very nicely presented and well cooked. The dessert we chose to share was a honey and lavender tart...a little too sweet for my taste and I think, perhaps, that lavender is not my favourite in food but still a very nice last evening in Ontario. Recommended.

1  Thank AngieB634

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

A get together of ten. Make reservations as restaurant can be busy. Service was excellent as well as the food. Would recommend this location for fine or casual dining. The only problem we incurred was parking, which had nothing to do with this restaurant. If we ever return to Perth we will endeavour to return for another fine meal.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Complimentary appetizer if staying at Perth Manor! The food we had (meat loaf, "frenched" chicken breast) was delicious and the vegetables were done to perfection. Service was terrific, timely but not hovering. Unrushed and pleasurable meal.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Having dined at The Stone Cellar a few times, we entrusted them with my daughter's wedding dinner. We were not disappointed. We dined upstairs in a private venue. It was beautiful and the food and service were excellent. They willingly accommodated a few children with special dishes as well. Everyone had a memorable experience and we highly recommend The Stone Cellar! Thanks to all the amazing staff and the chef.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We went here to mark a milestone birthday for my wife so I was keen for her to have a perfect experience. A slow early evening with only two other tables occupied, but we were seated very close to one of the other occupied tables.

The service was okay. The food adequate but unexceptional for the price overall; I had the blue cheese and pear salad which was excellent followed by rack of lamb which was cool and only adequate, my wife had bacon wrapped scallops followed by steak both of which she enjoyed.

But the most off putting note of the evening was dealing with cheap paper napkins while watching other diners with linen napkins. When I mentioned this to the server, she said,"sorry we ran out of the good napkins." A rather hollow excuse as I spied empty tables set with crisp linens.

For a $150 on a milestone occasion I was disappointed. In the future I will be looking for another place to make a good first impression.

1  Thank therapy2017