Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Talan7
Limavady, United Kingdom

Friendly, spacious, needs cleaned

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 18, 2017via mobile
A very friendly young receptionist who was more than helpful.
We had a large room on the top floor with a small balcony and an additional family in the guttering above - at least three squirrels! They were no nuisance to us, not so sure about the building.
To a male, all seemed just about OK, though even I noticed the dusty staircase. But my wife was much more critical, showing me grease on the top back of the cooker.
Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Join Wyndham Rewards Free
    C$102
  • Tripadvisor
    C$102
Free parking
Family room with two queen-size beds and kitchen area
  • Agoda.com
  • Vio.com
  • eDreams
0.3 km from Sand Castle Suites Motel
Free parking
Recently renovated outdoor decking and upper balcony railings. Large front deck area for beautiful full sunset viewing
C$262
0.7 km from Sand Castle Suites Motel
Go to your Happy Price
  • Booking.com
View more hotels in Port Elgin
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2017

My wife and I recently stayed at this motel. We were traveling with our 12 year old grandson.
The experience was not good and I will not be going to this motel again, either alone or with family.
The up side was location, easy to find and next to a good, clean restaurant with a reasonably priced menu.
Other than that the motel was more expensive than others in the area, the floors, bathroom fixtures and general interior were NOT clean! Finding another persons personal clothing items in a drawer in the bedroom is not acceptable. The house keeping staff said they would not be coming in to clean the room during our stay.
Net result; over priced, sub standard!!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry K
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for updated fancy rooms don't stay here. But if you want to meet a charming owner who runs an inexpensive, family-friendly motel on the shores of Lake Huron this is THE place.

My brother booked rooms for us here after speaking to Sunny, the owner and I was glad he did. She checked us in with such good humor that all 5 of us in 3 rooms loved her. Don't be surprised if she compares you to Matt Damon, it's a compliment!

The rooms are suites with beds in 2 rooms and a kitchenette. There are grills and a gazebo in back, and you could see there were a lot of families there.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2017

I really enjoyed Sunny, the owners, attention and willingness to give u satisfaction.
She even called me the day of check in to see what time i would like to check in, but i was on the road.
Very cozy apt/efficiency type suite....kitchen with all the amentities, separate bdrm, with those comfy pillows. Living room area w desk small dining area, bathrm etc. Very nice.
I would definitely recommend. Dont let the entrance set up give u doubts. June 2/3 2017

Room tip: not sure if by the beach as my mind was on attending a family funeral
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2017

I went to the Sand Castle Motel for a weekend in April. The staff was great, very helpful. The room was comfortable, including a kitchenette with utensils, dishes, glasses. The bathroom was basic, nothing fancy, but it was fine. I would probably visit this Motel again if I return to Port Elgin.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2016

Excellent stay, rental unit was a full amenities suite..actually like renting someone's apartment.
We had left behind an expensive piece of electronic equipment and Sunny searched and found it. She, and husband, packed it carefully, took to FedEx, and ship it to us. They never asked for money up front...only that once we received it, e-transfer freight charges. We wanted to send a gift to show how grateful we were, but they firmly insisted they would not accept anything, in fact would refuse the e-transfer if it wasn't exact amount. Had a cook up in BBQ area, fuel supplied, and separate/private spots.
I have never, and have stayed in thousands of locations, seen such pure genuine friendliness and common decency .See ya soon guys !

Date of stay: August 2016