Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sharkgarden
Dexter, Michigan

Nice Hotel, but...

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 7, 2023
We had a great hot breakfast, and the room was OK. What I didn't like was the rather broken chair next to the desk. As my husband pointed out, if it was pulled away from the desk to clean under the desk, it would be obvious it was broken. They added one of those "barn doors" over the closet and bathroom. This one squeaked when pulled on. So either it covered the doorway to the bathroom, or the closet, all of the time, which I didn't like at all. Also, no clock by the bed. I did report the broken chair in the morning, and the rest of the items that bothered me probably wouldn't bother other people, but I wanted to mention them.
Date of stay: September 2023
      C$194
    • Vio.com
    23.8 km from Hampton Inn by Hilton Port Hope Cobourg
    View more hotels in Port Hope
    All reviews nice stay snow storm would definitely stay here again hot breakfast great hotel room was clean
    Selected filters
    Reviewed September 29, 2023

The bathroom had not been cleaned. The hotel was fully booked so there was no other room available and cleaning staff had gone home. We were offered a 30% discount which we accepted. We purchased some supplies and cleaned it ourselves. The promise of the 30% discount was not honored. We were told by reception on checkout, and later by phone that a manager would call. Nobody called. We will not stay at the Hampton Inn at Port hope again.

Room tip: Do not accept the promise of a discount if there is a problem. Ask for a different room or go elsewhere.
    Date of stay: September 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed August 26, 2023 via mobile

It was a very nice calm and very quite place to stay. The front office staff were very friendly and giving a good very first impression to the guest. I was very impressed about the service of the male agent and the female agent who were there when I checked in and out. The guest room and wash room was new and overall it was a pleasant stay for me from 25-26, August 2023.

Date of stay: August 2023
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Reviewed August 15, 2023

In order to maintain a high standard this newer hotel needs to make improvements in even the most basic of amenities. For instance, there were no tissues in the room, we ran out of hand soap beside the sink and the front desk advised that there was no refill available for the soap canister, there were no towels in our room when we arrived, the air conditioner unit was very noisy (especially when it started up), a bug was found in the room (although I do not believe it was a roach or bed bug) and there was no ketchup available for the complimentary breakfast. These are very basic items that one would expect when renting a room at over $250 per night.

Date of stay: August 2023
    Reviewed July 29, 2023

I’m pretty much a regular here now. I love it as the staff is amazing and it’s always a great stay. Love the location and great to drop by whenever I’m traveling on the 401. So glad this hotel opened up because there wasn’t a lot of options before.

Date of stay: July 2023
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    1  Thank familyfun1986
    Reviewed July 29, 2023

Clean room and great service. Was able to stay overnight, shower, and grab a bit at the breakfast buffet before heading out to Quebec. I’ll definitely be back. Love these newer hotel where I don’t have to worry about the room condition.

Date of stay: May 2023