All reviews blue moon hot tub the cottages water toys sunset cottage fire pit satellite tv paddle boats air hockey board games washer and dryer swing set beautiful lake natural light an abundance all ages an amazing view
Reviewed December 24, 2014

We recently visited the Blue Moon for our anniversary. We arrived later in the evening and all was ready for our arrival. The television was on though? Maybe to be welcoming? Turned it off. Beautiful layout and décor although I find it a little busy/cluttered with stuff (cupboards so full that you can't put your food..Many decorations...) Everything clean and in good repair. Hot tub and sauna room was delightful and got much use over our stay. Housecoats were comfortable and a nice touch.
Beautiful property and it seems that all the cottages are lovely! I would definitely return and maybe try a different cottage. A couple of items that I would like to mention - these prevent me from giving it a 5 star. The first item is small however it seems to me that guests are being asked to do the laundry? I suppose you could do it or not, just seems to be a strange request. Perhaps for a larger group this does make sense. The second item was bigger for me personally. I understand that time can be of the essence when arrivals are back to back however I felt very rushed to leave as the housekeeper was waiting (about 15 minutes) for us to leave at 11:00 am sharp! I felt like I would forget something because of this uneasy and hurried departure. Also you never meet the owners and there is no sense of "family" to this place. To me it felt like hurry up and get out! I know...Get over it! The cottages are very lovely and the views are stunning. Lots to do and great for families with children. Like I said, I would definitely return! But I would be ready to leave a little earlier to avoid this "rushed" departure.

Room tip: The Shangri-La is by itself (very secluded) and has a huge hot tub! Nice property. Don't forget to be prepared to check-out at 11:00 am sharp!
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank AngelJ25
Reviewed November 19, 2014

Just back from a fabulous girls weekend at Blue Moon Retreat. We stayed in the 4 bedroom Shangri-La cottage which was massive. So much space we could have not seen each other all weekend had we wanted to - of course we hung out together in the living room in front of the warm and cozy wood-burning stone fireplace sharing stories and enjoying a tasty drink.

This cottage has all your need to enjoy your time away. Every kitchen appliance you can think of, washer/dryer, 2 dinning tables, a hot tub, sauna...it just goes on an on.

Wonderful spot - you must give it a try.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 2018display
Reviewed November 18, 2014

Recently had a girls getaway weekend at the Shangrila cottage- it was beautiful!!
Warm and cozy, and so relaxing. Loved all the new updated features- looks fantastic!!
Love this destination getaway!!:) Perfect in any season!

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed October 24, 2014

We recently visited Blue Moon for the weekend, our first time there. We stayed in High Noon. Beautiful, clean and comfortable cottage with enough room for the six of us. Had awesome views of the lake - never got tired of waking up and seeing that view first thing. Close to Algonquin Park where we spent a day. Fall leaves were beautiful at the resort. So happy that this place is pet friendly, as our fur baby loved exploring the new surroundings when we went on walks. Looking forward to coming back.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2014

We stayed at the Maples Sept. 5-12, 2014 and loved every minute of it. We got the feeling that we were staying at a family member's cottage, rather than a rental. It was the little touches like the up to date appliances, wonderful cleanliness, comfortable quality furnishings and details like the good kind of toilet paper and thick towels. We got the impression that the owners care and this put us at immediate ease.

It's not just that the cottages are well maintained, the amenities were really impressive too. Most were "help yourself", with great boats, clean life jackets, firewood and even a full tennis court. Our favourite was fishing from a canoe near the island in the middle of the lake. Wide mouth and small mouth bass, sunfish and even a lake trout. Heaven. The peacefulness of the surroundings was so wonderful.

We're already planning how quickly we can come back. The snowshoes hanging in the hot tub room look awfully inviting...

Date of stay: September 2014