Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre
Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
informative exhibits and wonderfully kind staff

Reviewed June 5, 2018
ThYeung
via mobile
Amazing local talent

Reviewed May 27, 2018
Sparkykate
Cathcart, ON

All reviews bruce county rainy day local history on display interactive displays owen sound well worth the visit on site fairy lake archives schoolhouse settlers patio lego fossils cottage art
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

I slept in and rushed to the museum to see the animal gibberish exhibits, very interesting interactive displays of how animals communicate (^O^)/ even the visitor seats are animal themed: I took a selfie with a peacock bench (^_^)

Staff said there’s only 1/2 hr left so they didn’t charge me. I was really pleasantly surprised by such warm gesture to visitors, in this day and age. I placed a donation as a token of appreciation.

I always visit this little gem every time I’m in the area. Something nice hasn’t changed, so glad.

Reviewed May 27, 2018

I love going through this quaint museum. The local artists are amazing and some quite whimsical. I never leave without purchasing something!

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the Aboriginal context shared at the start of the museum. One of the better displays that I have seen. Well done. Miigwetch.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

The cashier was very helpful explaining how the exhibits were laid out. Handicap friendly with ramps, handicap doors, on site wheel chairs and elevators. Lots of hands on exhibits for the little ones and children at heart! We visited in winter but spring promises lots of things to access outside and places for picnics. We can’t wait to return with our grandkids!

Stephanie C, Marketing Coordinator at Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Thank you for your review! We look forward to your return, your grandkids are sure to enjoy our feature summer exhibit "Animal Gibberish: Subtitled for Humans" opening May 19 and our new permanent exhibit "Riding the Rails" opening on June 14!

Reviewed March 17, 2018

This is THE small town museum that other organizations should aspire to build (are you listening Owen Sound?). The First World War displays are excellent, and should be on the must see list of every Grade 10 History class within an hour's drive.

Thank you very much for your review. Our exhibit design goals are to be engaging and interactive, along with educational but shhh don't tell the kids that!

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

I have been to a number of events held at the museum - they do a great job providing interesting activities. The events I have attended include local wine tasting and a talk about shipwrecks.

I'm really sorry to have missed the recent talk on bootleggers because it was full .

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Spent over an hour in the museum, particularly in the lower level with it's magnificent display of the 1st World War in the trenches. The other displays were also well worth the visit, they even have a wonderful area for children to explore science, mechanics, etc.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic museum packed with lots to see and do. The building is gorgeous. Staff are helpful and well-informed. We wish we had been able to spend more time. We shall definitely return here when we next visit the area.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

What to do on a rainy Friday? Take the kids to this museum. They spent over an hour playing with Lego, then they explored the museum. The loved the school house and cottage. I liked the old store and reading about what everyday objects used to cost. It really is an interesting place to learn about the history of the area. We don't think about the first settlers, and what life was like all those years ago. The museum is reasonably priced and you can spend hours here.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

One rainy afternoon we wandered into the museum. We were quite surprised to see all that they had on display. The log cabin and school house were amazing. To see that they are able to have that piece of history on their grounds is wonderful.