Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
A Lot of Good Theatre People

I attended A Few Good Men on March 12 and was so glad to have done so, especially in view of the... read more

Reviewed March 21, 2020
Bonnie K
A Few Good Men

I thought the play was very well done and I thoroughly enjoyed the performance. It was a... read more

Reviewed March 12, 2020
Venture463598

All reviews sleeping beauty audience participation singing and dancing sight lines intimate theatre great entertainment talented actors all ages lots of parking panto production jack jacobs war humour intermission fairy
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Been here for several productions over the years and I simply love this theatre. It's a perfect size and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. Always a delight - Drayton never fails to deliver!!!

Date of experience: May 2018
DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at St. Jacobs Country Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

So glad that you love the St. Jacobs Country Playhouse! Thank you so much for your review of the seats and the theatre.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

We have been members for a number of years and attend about 4 shows/year. I prefer musicals. This time, we let our 13 year old grand daughter pick the show. She chose West Side Story because she participated in it last summer @ London’s Original Kids.

The Playhouse is wonderfully located a short walk from the St.Jacob’s Mennonite Market which is open Tues.,Thurs., and Saturday. So you can come early, park at the theatre and go shopping or pick up lunch from the many vendors then walk back for show time.

Off the top, I will say it would not have been my choice because I just don’t like the story. However, I was thinking throughout how much it reminded me of the current immigrant influx with chants of “ Go back where you came from!”

St. Jacob’s Playhouse is relatively small. Dancing dominates this production and I pay tribute to the choreographer for the fine work in a confined area. Amber Tomlin (Maria) has a lovely, strong, lyrical voice which, at times, overpowers David Cotton’s in their duets.

No fault of the company, but the story is all about opposing gangs, the Jets and the Sharks, who are at war and it does not end happily!! It is depressing that lives mean so little and it is well played but I am SO looking forward to Cinderella in Grand Bend with our younger grand daughter.

Date of experience: May 2018
DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at St. Jacobs Country Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of the show. We look forward to having you join us for Cinderella in Grand Bend.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

First time to this theatre to see West SIde Story. Just loved both the theater and the show. Superb cast, very talented and full of energy for all songs. Very creative use of the stage and was most impressed with the choreography! Loved every minute of it and standing ovation was well deserved!

1  Thank jay162014
DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at St. Jacobs Country Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

We are so glad that you could join us for the first time at the St. Jacobs Country Playhouse. This is quite a challenging show when it comes to choreography, and we are happy that was noticed. We definitely hope this will not be the last time you join us for one of our productions.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

West Side Story was another great example of Drayton’s excellence. The cast’s singing and dancing was high energy, and always on-point. The story telling they pack into a small stage is phenomenal. The male and female leads were star quality.

My wife and I have been attending Drayton’s performances for almost 20 years, and have never been disappointed. This is a gem in southern Ontario’s artistic landscape.

Date of experience: May 2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed West Side Story. This show has many challenges, including the dancing, but this cast has definitely been able to pull it off.

Thank you for being a part of Drayton Entertainment for 20 years! I'm sure we will see you again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

First time visit, but we'll be back. Had front row balcony seats due to concern re sitting behind tall people and not being able to see. Not a problem at this theatre. Didn't see what I'd consider a potentially obstructed view seat in the place. Very good actors and a good production of West Side Story. Loved that we could have a glass of wine in our seats while enjoying the show.

Date of experience: May 2018
DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at St. Jacobs Country Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Thank you for joining us for you first time at West Side Story. We strive to ensure that all seats have a great view of the show, and it's great to see that was noticed. It's also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the production and could enjoy a glass of wine during the show. We look forward to having you back again soon.