“Overpriced crafts but a fun day trip”

St. Jacobs Farmers Market
Ranked #1 of 14 Shopping in St. Jacobs
More attraction details
Owner description: Two minutes south of the Village of St. Jacobs, explore the abundance of meats & cheeses, farm fresh produce, baked goods, international foods, artisans & crafters, quilts, home furnishings, and a spectacular flea market; plus buskers, pony & kiddie rides at Canada's largest farmers' market! Indoor and outdoor farm fresh fun for the entire family. Year round on Thursdays and Saturdays 7am - 3:30pm and Tuesdays, mid June to Labour Day, 8am - 3pm.
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Went with some girlfriends to start our Xmas shopping early. Noticed that the same crafts were being sold at local craft shows set up in high schools etc for Xmas... but the price was much higher in St Jacobs

The kebabs from Halendas were excellent... somehow seem better than from their store but probably just in my head.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"saturday morning"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

I took my American friend to visit the St. Jacobs Farmers Market and she loved it. It is open on Thursdays and Saturdays and closes at 3:30pm. I realized when we got here we should have eaten lunch here as there are lots of tasty reasonablely priced options.

The new building is lovely with the food vendors on the first floor and the craft vendors on the second floor. There are elevators that you can use to get to the second floor and nice public washrooms on the first floor.

We got there just after 3 pm and the food vendors were already starting to close shop. However we had enough time to buy some sausage, cheese, bread and cake. All of these were delicious! We got a two for one deal on the bread.

I would recommend getting there earlier so you have more time to shop!

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Like the title says, this is the one and only true farmers market served by the farmers.

Want locally grown fresh fruit and vegs. Want unique art or trinkets made by local artisans?

Come to the farmers market in St Jacobs!

Support our local farmers and they will continue to support us with their locally grown produce. Also some amazing craftsmanship from the local Mennonite community. It’s like a throw back in time when you see the members of this community still travelling in their horse and buggy vehicles.

Overall a must do but expect crowds and crazy traffic during peak times.

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

This is the first time I visited the market after it burned down. I find the new building airier and spacious. Even on a rainy week day such as when my husband and I met, it was quite busy. Lots of different cuisine to select from if you are planning to have lunch. However, dining tables and chairs go quickly. More thought should have been given to having more dining areas.

I found the products on the second floor really interesting. They had specialty wood products, winter jackets, ceramics, etc. I enjoyed my visit and will spend an extra hour or so next time.

1  Thank KathleenR_28