St. Jacobs Schoolhouse Theatre
Review Highlights
Big Show/ Little Theatre

I was quite impressed with my experience watching a "Panto" show in this small, but very impressive... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2020
Travelllingwilberry
Acton, Canada
Inspirational!

We treated our 88 year-old Mother to the wonderful arrangement of "Good Ol' Country Gospel" Makes... read more

Reviewed December 23, 2019
debidrew
Kitchener, Canada

All reviews country gospel toe tapping talented singers high energy enjoyable afternoon gospel music wonderful music amazing talent excellent performance audience laughter jacobs production entertainment uplifting projected participants
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Great show! Extremely well done and totally entertaining. The theatre is small with a big heart. Great seating, you feel like you are in the middle of the play. Will definitely go again.

Date of experience: October 2018
DraytonEnt, Public Relations Manager at St. Jacobs Schoolhouse Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Shear Madness and St. Jacobs Schoolhouse Theatre. It sounds like you enjoyed both, and we are thrilled to read that.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

It was worth driving almost two hours from Toronto, just to see "Shear Madness" and participate in this amazing show. Actors were AAA improvising! Audience was AAA engaged! You left AAA memories. Would love to watch it again!
The Schoolhouse Theatre is a fine cute place for interactive and engaging show like "Shear Madness".

Date of experience: October 2018

It sure does sound like you really enjoyed the production. It's great to hear when someone leaves a show with some great memories. We would love to have you back again! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the production.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Totally enjoyed this show with friends from Toronto and Waterloo ! It was so funny - the actors, dialogue, interplay with the audience, staging and set - all these things were amazing ! We talked about a return visit !

Date of experience: September 2018

So glad you enjoyed the show! We do hope you will join us again for Shear Madness.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Don't miss this one! Everything from the actors, the staging, the dialogue (some actually ad libbing which was perfect! Have seen many plays in my lifetime (long) and this one is on the short list! Kudos to the performers. Also excellent venue with the table seating....every seat is a good one. If I lived closer (live in Florida) I would likely go to every production as my experience with these smaller theatres has always been great! We ate lunch at the Stone Crock just 1.5 blocks away, and walked to the theater after lunch...lunch was great also,
-G
P.S. have to check "friends" below as though we are family (4 sisters) your division of Family(young children) and Family (teens) fails to cover us, but we are indeed friends!

Date of experience: September 2018

Thank you for joining us for Shear Madness. It's great to hear when someone enjoys a production as well as you and your sisters did this one. We appreciate hearing from those near and far that have come to see one of our productions. Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of the show and venue with everyone.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

This fast moving performance kept me laughing and the actors/actresses were some of the best I have ever had the pleasure to see and hear. There was some ad-libbing which spiced up the play. I did not know what to expect but if I lived closer, I would attend more plays and performances at the St. Jacobs Schoolhouse Theatre. I hope this play comes to Ottawa because it was so very funny I would see it again and bring the family.

Date of experience: September 2018

Thank you for joining us for Shear Madness. It sounds like you had a great time. The show has some great comedic parts and gives the cast liberty to do some ad-libbing. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on the show.