“FANTASTIC PLACE FOR KIDS”

Reptilia Zoo and Education Centre
Ranked #4 of 36 things to do in Vaughan
More attraction details
Owner description: Reptilia is a state of the art 25,000 square foot facility complete with large exhibits showcasing hundreds of different reptiles and amphibians, from giant pythons to massive crocodiles and king cobras. Watch our Cast at work in the nursery, our food preparation area and the venomous workshop! Each day there are a variety of opportunities to interact with our animals and learn from our exceptional Cast Members during our shows, tours and animal feedings! With four reptile feedings every day, free live theatre shows or zoo keeper tours and a chance to interact with the reptiles and the Zoo Cast, Reptilia is a destination worth visiting. Reptilia's Zoo is the first of its kind and it adds another destination to Vaughan's already growing list of attractions.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC PLACE FOR KIDS”
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Reptilia is a really unique place and the staff are great (thanks Lee and Andre). The animals are amazing and it is very clean and my kids loved it !!! Theatre shows, lots of opportunities to touch animals and get close. Loved the (apparently new) Kids Zone and the dig for treasures sandbox - every kids gets a free reptilie toy here. Very "Sic" (as my kids say) .... only problem be prepared for your kids to want to have their bday party there - a party was taking place during our visit and it looked pretty cool and the prices are reasonable according to the price chart.

Visited March 2011
3 Thank DancingQueen1942

• Arabic first
beautiful Harpers Ferry WV
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“wonderful place!”
Reviewed 21 August 2010

My wife, 8-year-old son, and I all had a great time at this place. Along with enjoying all the fascinating animals, we also learned a lot.

There were all variety of reptiles, from tiny little frogs to huge Nile crocodiles (awesome!). Turtles, lizards, snakes, etc.

We lucked into seeing an alligator-feeding, that was real cool!

There are constant little presentations ("shows") throughout the day, you can check those out or ignore them. We went to two and enjoyed them both, the keepers were very knowledgeable and friendly and answered everyone's questions, even the silly ones from the little kids.

Cost $45 for the three of us, but seeing as we were there for over 3 hours, that was a good value.

3 Thank SpunkyDawg
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“WOW - can't believe it is not part of Disney.”
Reviewed 27 April 2010

My son came home begging me to take him to see REPTILIA after they visited his school with their traveling Reptile Zoo. I am not a fan of Reptiles and did not know what to expect - but "I" was blown away and my children are still talking about their visit. The Zoo is clean, the animal enclosures are beautiful and reflect the natural habitat of the Reptile and - I can not believe I am saying this - but the Reptiles are facinating. Andre the Zoo keeper - taught me a thing or two that has given me a new respect for these creatures - I even touched one. We spent about 2 hours and also saw a theatre show. If you want to get your kids to wash their hands more often - visit the bathrooms - very unique. We saw one of the theatre shows. Lee did the presentation and was really funny and great with the kids. If you have visited the Reptile Exhibit at Animal Kingdom in Disney - it pales in comparison to REPTILIA (according to my kids). I highly recommend Reptilia to anyone - even those that are not fans of Reptiles.

3 Thank 007MonaLisa007
Brampton, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great Place to Spend Some Time”
Reviewed 18 November 2009

I had never been to a reptile zoo before so I didn't know what to expect. But this place is fascinating if you have an hour to spend. May even take you longer.

It's very modern and spacious and I was surprised just how big each enclosure is for all the different reptiles.

Tonnes of different snakes, lizards, frogs, turtles, crocs, etc. Saw species I didn't even know existed.

And it's worthwhile watching the feeding shows.

The gift shop is very nice and there's lots of reptiles for sale and so you could spend time viewing those too.

The location is in the suburbs, which means parking is free and right outside the building.

I think it's worth the money to get in, especially if you've never been to a reptile zoo before.

5 Thank rhymobot