All reviews pool table vaughan mills canada's wonderland front desk parking lot blackout blinds lobby bar modern design small pool shopping mall enjoyed my stay bed was very comfortable hockey team convenient location mini fridge clean hotel short drive
Reviewed September 7, 2018

Spent 1 night at this hotel while on business in the Toronto area. It was very nice, clean and the room was great. I liked the decor and style of the hotel. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Sat at the lobby bar to order some food but the menu is very small and not much of a selection. I ordered the pad thai bowl and it was just okay. Would probably go out to eat next time. The beds were comfortable and everything looked new. Across the street was the outlet mall so very convenient to walk over. It was just 1 night but had a nice and comfortable stay and would certainly return.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We had such a fantastic stay at the Aloft in Vaughan. They looked after us like royalty and everything exceeded our expectations. Super handy having such an enormous mall directly opposite the hotel and we were able to buy discounted tickets to Canada’s Wonderland from reception which was an amazing day out. 10/10 on all fronts, can’t wait to go back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2018

I wish their was a rating between Average and Very Good. Like Good! This hotel was above average, but not Very Good! The location is AWESOME! It is very close to an outlet mall, Wonderland and many places to eat! All within walking distance. Now I used my Starwood Points and Cash program so I paid $80.00 US plus tax and 8500 points per night! Had I paid the asking price of $165 plus tax US dollars I would have been more upset! The rooms are a decent size. The rugs had stains on them and that gave me the feeling it was not very clean. The bed was comfortable! Not the heavenly bed, but decent! No restaurant on premise, just a small cafe you can buy breakfast. No room service. They did have a bar area, indoor pool and a small gym. No resort fee's and no charge to park. So those are +. The staff was friendly. They ran out of washcloths which I though was not very cool at all. I had to ask for some later that night after they cam back from the laundry. A hotel under the Starwood umbrella and size should never let that happen! Would I return? If going to that location again and nothing better was available - yes I would consider it based on the location lone! Hope this helped!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the shopping mall or the other side it an industrial park, but you can see the city on a clear day.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Aloft_Guest_Services, Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Dear Lisa P

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We love our Location and it's definitely handy to Highways, Wonderland, Legoland, Vaughan Mills and many other attractions in Vaughan.
I am sorry you found us Expensive. With summer being our peak season, there is often a lot more demand than rooms available in the Vaughan so we price ourselves based on that demand and what our competition is selling their rooms at.
Being a Select Service Hotel, we do not offer a Restaurant or Room Service as you will find in some of the larger Full Service Hotels downtown or around the Airport,We are also able to offer much more competitive rates than Full Service Hotels. With over 600 Food and Beverage Outlets in the City of Vaughan, we are always happy to make recommendations or provide directions. Many are within close proximity to the Hotel.
I do apologise that we had run out of washcloths and I will be promptly addressing this with our Laundry company. We have 3 Par on property so it concerns me that they were not able to get you a wash cloth in a timely manner.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Aloft the weekend we arrived in Toronto and the weekend before flying back to the Caribbean. It was a fantastic hotel. Bedrooms are comfortable, perfect use of space and the staff are friendly. Thank you for starting and ending our vacation so wonderfully!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We were just overnight for a family wedding so wanted some place close. This hotel fit the bill & I knew was decorated in a more trendy way than "normal". Asked for accessible as I can't step into a bathtub. That was the only thing that would define this room as accessible. If you use a wheelchair - shower/toilet doorway was too small, faucets were unmanageable, only one grab bar in shower none for toilet, small room for mobility and only a tall person could reach the hangers and rail for clothes. Also toilet didn't flush properly, entrance door didn't close properly, blinds didn't close properly, had to replace key card. Things we knew (or expected) but didn't like - no breakfast included, no shampoo etc., no lounge chair for watching tv. Room wasn't cheaper for minimalist style. Lots of people smoking just outside the side entrance.

Room Tip: Maybe upper floors would be better
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Aloft_Guest_Services, Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear Janice G

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with us. After reviewing your reservation, I saw that you had requested a room on the ground floor. While over 10% of our Hotel is dedicated to Accessible Rooms, unfortunately they are all on higher floors. I have spoken to the Front Desk associate who selected a room for you, and advised she should have blocked based on room type request rather than location of room. We do not have any bathtubs in the Aloft, only showers, but I can see how one of our regular showers could be difficult to access without all the necessary grab bars. Our Accessible Rooms are much better, with a more accessible closet to be able to hang your clothes. All Showers come with Bliss Body Soap and Shampoo which are in the serve containers on the wall of the shower which I have confirmed were in place.

We do have rates which we include breakfast with but breakfast does not come as a standard at Aloft Hotels.

I also understand your frustrations with regards to smokers. In Ontario, smokers are not permitted to smoke within 20 feet of our door or on a patio. We make every effort to encourage guests to use to designated locations.

I am sorry for the challenges you experienced and I have addressed these shortfalls with my Maintenance and Front Desk Team to ensure they never happen again.

Kind Regards