“Nice Mini Getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Newmarket, Ontario Canada
“Nice Mini Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a saturday night. We purchased the "romantic package" which was a room with king size bed, jacuzzi and fireplace. Included a cheese/fruit tray, dinner in the restaurant and upgraded breakfast.

Check in was simple although they do take an additional $100 on the credit card. The room was newish and clean. Also had a fridge and microwave. The jacuzzi was big enough for two but the jets were not very strong. The fireplace is electric.

The fruit/cheese tray was generous and came exactly on time (they asked when we wanted it when we checked in) The dinner in the restaurant was excellent. We got a choice of appetizer (from 3 choices) Main course had 3 choices, we both had the veal and it was delicious., Dessert had about 6 choices. You also had your choice of a bottle of red or white wine. Hardly no one in the restaurant. We also had an upgraded breakfast which was 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, toast and hash browns....it was OK but nothing to write home about. There was also self serve yogurt, cereal, toast, bagels, fruit salad, danish's and muffins. Coffee, tea and juice.

The only con was the noise in the middle of the night. We were woken up by someone screaming bloody murder, sounded like it was just outside the room. Only lasted about 2 minutes, Then a few minutes later someone above us (male) was yelling and swearing for about 10 minutes. I believe there had been a wedding in the banquet hall and likely some people had too much to drink. Not really a fault of the hotels. Perhaps that is why they take the $100 deposit for room damage.

All in all it was a nice getaway for my husband and I.

Room Tip: the jacuzzi suite was a nice upgrade
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is okay but i'm sure there are better ones in the area.

PRO
- clean hotel
- nice staff

CON
- breafast buffet not that good
- no pool
- maids can be loud in the morning - hotel room small (Queen bed)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Gavimus
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I have stayed here many times on business trips and each time the experience is the same.....excellent! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The on site restaurant has amazing food and long hours so I never go hungry. The basic room is spacious and comfortable, beds are very comfortable. I stayed there just last week and they upgraded my room to a jacuzzi suite and this was a real treat.....soaking in the jacuzzi, watching the tv over the fireplace and having a glass of wine that room service brought me.....it doesn't get much better than that!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adrian_Calagiu, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and explain your experience at our hotel.
I am glad that you had good time and enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Loking forward, towards your next visit.

Best regards,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have stayed here before and so we tried again but I am sorry we made that choice. I will not come back to this property.

We got married and decided to stay in the area for a couple days. The first night we had a jacuzzi room. The jacuzzi didn't work properly. After staying at the Monte Carlo several times we now realize this is common practice for them. It was our pre-honeymoon and so we thought they might want to fix it but they didn't. We were informed that someone would be by after we checked out to fix it. We stayed a second night in a regular room. We booked a room with one bed but got two. This was not a big deal except that everytime we book at this hotel we are given a room other than what we booked.

Both rooms smelled unclean and seemed damp. The hallway smelled strongly of smoke although it was supposed to be a non-smoking floor.

We called to ask for a late check-out, it was a Tuesday in February and it was our honeymoon so we didn't think it would be a big deal. (we have had a late check out during busier times and when we weren't celebrating anything, we did not expect a free late check-out) We were assured it would be fine, an hour later was all they could do but they wouldn't charge. (instead of 11am it would be 12noon)

The calls started at 11:16 and continued until we left the room. They were calling to make sure we would check out on time and then to make sure we were almost done. We stopped answering the phone. It's was rude and annoying for them to behave this way. We checked out of that hotel for the last time. We will NEVER come back to the Monte Carlo Inn, not at any location. We didn't think we would after another visit but this time we are DONE.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Chrissi_k
Hello,

We, at Monte Carlo Inn, take pride in the quality of the product and services that we offer. We accommodate thousands of business and leisure guests every year and the majority of them are repeat customers.

We take any complaints very seriously and try to resolve them immediately to the guest’s satisfaction. As such complaints are very rare for our operations we are shocked that so many things went wrong on your visit. We have conducted an investigation on our end, although due to the lack of specific information pertaining to this guest’s actual stay, we are unable to verify these statements.
We provide a comment card in every room for our guests to express their opinions about the stay which later allows us to follow up with them.
I hope you can appreciate the sincerity of my concern regarding your discontent with our hotel and hope you will give us another opportunity to gain your trust and confidence in our products.

Best wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

i love this hotel! i have been here 4 times with my fiance, and we stay in the "romeo and juliet" suite. there is nothing bad that i can say about this place. the check in/check out was fast and easy and the room is always clean. the beds are very comfortable and parking is free! only thing that slightly bothered me is the fact that on our floor there was smoking rooms and the hallway smelled like smoke really bad. i strongly suggest getting the romeo and juliet suite for a romantic night!

Room Tip: try a jacuzzi suite!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank citygirl0827
Adrian_Calagiu, Manager at Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Hello citygirl0827,

I would like to thank you for thaking the time and write this review about our hotel and I am glad tha you like our hotel had good time. I will pass the message to my entire staff, and we are looking forward towards your next visit.

Best wishes,

Adrian C.

Hotel Manager
North Bay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

curtains that don't block out the sun, no hot tub or pool, chintzy coffee pot & minimal supplies, limited time to have "free" breakfast, $100 deposit for damages(?), front desk must have new employees judging from way they booked us in, and on & on.........................................never be back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Karen R
HELLO KAREN R,

I would like to thank you for drawing these matters to my attention. A client feedback is very important to our establishment as it assists us in monitoring our services and make appropriate improvements where necessary. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify some of the above mentioned matters.
All our window are equiped with black-out panels which are located behind the designer’s drapes and sheers. These panels would provide total dakness in the room.

The hotel has luxurious and well appointed whirlpool suites, featureing a 2 storey Mezzanine Suite, as well as standard rooms and executive suites. This way our guests can choose the type of accomodation they require. All our room will have a 37 inch flat screen TV, a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker with supplies which are replenished on daily basis.
We are proud of our complimentary continental breakfast which is served in our full service restaurant from 6:00 to 10:00 every morning. We offer our guests an extensive selection of breakfast items as assorted pastries, yogurt, cereals, bagels etc.

The $100 deposit or pre-authorizatio it is a standard procedure in our company. That will cover the inccidental charges as long distance phone calls, in room movies, or roomservice.
I hope you will afford us another opportunity for future accommodations, so that we as a hotel are able to restore your confidence in our services.

Yours Hospitably

Adrian C,
Hotel Manager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel on NYE with my boyfriend, since it was close to the banquet hall that we were attending.

We booked the Queen Sunset Suite which comes with a "queen" bed, jacuzzi, and a fireplace. We also received a bottle of wine, chocolates, a hot breakfast and a late checkout.

I booked the room online at the last minute and got it for $179.00. I was hoping for a king bed so I called the hotel to find out if there was one available (there wasn't). I spoke with a gentleman by the name of Renee who was very helpful and very courteous. When he told me that the room I had booked came with the wine and chocolate, he kindly asked me what type of wine I preferred and ensured that it would be waiting in my room (which it was). He even gave us a checkout time of 1pm when it was supposed to be 12pm. I was very grateful for his help!

Check in was slow, however, being NYE I can't blame the hotel for that.

Our room had everything as advertised, yet it was small and looked somewhat outdated (although it's a new hotel).

What I was really disappointed about was the bed. We were told it was a queen but I swear it was a double. It was also hard and I didn't have a good sleep on it. The breakfast was also disappointing. We didn't have an option for our hot breakfast - it was just eggs, two slices of bacon, some potatoes, and one slice of toast. I would have preferred if it was a hot continental breakfast or if we could have had more selection from the menu.

The room was clean though, which was great, and the staff were very friendly. It was good for the one night, but I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexandra S
Dear Karen,
Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites. I would like to take this opportunity and clearly specify that we only have King and Queen Size beds in our hotel. As you have mentioned the name of the suite that you have reserved was a “Queen Sunset Suite”.
We take pride in our complimentary Continental Breakfast we offer our guests every morning. Some of the items served are as follows: assorted pastries, fresh fruit salad, assorted cereals with milk, yogurt with assorted toopings, assorted breads and gems, juices, coffee and more. As part of the package you puchased for Valentine wekend we have also included hot breakfast consisting of two eggs any way you like it with bacon and home fries.

Hospitably Yours,