Shore Excursion: Prince Edward Island and Anne of Green Gables

Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Cavendish Beach
All reviews great beach red sand life guards swimming area national park clean beach off season prince edward island anne of green gables beaches dunes lifeguards waves pei shells canteen canada
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2024 via mobile

Cavendish Beach is a true gem! With its soft sands and stunning views, it's the perfect spot for relaxation and fun in the sun. A must-visit destination for beach lovers!

Date of experience: July 2023
Reviewed November 22, 2023 via mobile

Cavendish Beach had beautiful red cliffs and red sand. I went to the beach in November, and it was very windy and cold, so I would caution visitors who come to this beach in the colder months to dress appropriately. The water was very rough and chilly, but it was great to take a stroll on this beach. I walked down some stairs from the boardwalk to reach this beach. I also walked around a path by the nearby sand dunes. It was interesting to walk within the adjacent woods of this beach. There was a parking lot, and there were bathrooms and shower facilities for the warmer months.

Date of experience: November 2023
Reviewed October 28, 2023

Staying in nearby Moncton which we made our base for visiting Hopewell rocks, the Magnetic Hill and this beach here on PEI, we arrived on a windy September day, which turned very sunny in the afternoon. We have not realised, that crossing the long bridge between the mainland and PEI will have to be paid upon returning to mainland and is the most expensive fee we paid for crossing a bridge, at 50.25 CAD!!!

Reaching this beach involved lots of turns via small country side roads, with the map opened on my phone. Being late September, after Lee storm (which kept us awake in Halifax earlier) the beach had no access fee and there were lots of coaches bringing old tourists for a stroll on the beach.

The beach is very long and there is lots of info there on do's and do not. Even the water was warmish and I saved 2 caterpillars blown by the wind to the sand: one decided to further poo on my finger, I guess that is nature gratefulness, right?

Beautiful views in all directions and this area is left unspoiled which I like. Would I come back in summer time though? Not really, I prefer to stick to the provincial parks around Toronto for daily escapades and if I really want a holiday in the sun, probably I would chose quieter locations southern USA/Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean. There are lots of great locations to discover further.

Date of experience: September 2023
Reviewed October 15, 2023 via mobile

Beautiful sand beach lined with large sand dunes with with distinct red sandstone cliffs. Well maintained boardwalks with natural pond areas and wildflower meadows, we were visiting as Hurricane Lee arrived so the were lots of dramatic crashing waves and strong winds… still beautiful though. The shower / washrooms were well maintained and incredibly clean. The only downside was that a few areas were tapped off due to walkways being broken and broken information signs.

Date of experience: September 2023
Reviewed August 14, 2023 via mobile

We had a great visit to the famous Cavendish Beach. It was a bit of a walk to get down to the beach but fully accessible with ramps and mats on the beach. It would have been nice if there were more mats as it’s very difficult to walk on the sand. The water was cold but my husband and tween daughter braved the water and had a great dip. You have to pay to get into the park but that pass is good for 24 hrs and is good for all the Provincial parks and beaches.

Date of experience: July 2023