Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
John B
Toronto, Canada

Disappointed

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 19, 2018via mobile
Let me start by saying we've camped in many, many KOA's in Eastern Canada and the US. Each and every time, we've left happy and looking forward to the next KOA. This summer alone we stayed in Montreal South and Quebec City - both exceptional KOA's in their own right.
We were thoroughly disappointed by the reception we received right from the get go at Cornwall. The young girl who tried to serve us, was obviously flustered before we even arrived. She was rude and indignant because we arrived before the 2:00 check in. Although every other KOA we've visited has a check in of 2:00, they have all been very accommodating whenever we arrived early. Sometimes it's not what's said, but how it's said. Greeting guests with attitude and indignation isn't the greatest business model. Something as simple as arriving a little early and being met by rude employees and management, caused us to request a refund and look for alternate accommodations. Sometimes things happen for a reason....without this inconvenience, we would never have discovered what a wonderful KOA Cavendish Holiday is! We were met right away with a smile!! I highly recommend Cavendish KOA over Cornwall KOA.
Date of stay: August 2018
    2 Double Bedroom
    Fully refundable
    5.0 km from Holiday Haven Campground
    Free parking
    False advertising; no breakfast pastries, hors d'oeurves or drinks offered
    Get rewarded with One Key
    • ZenHotels.com
      C$214
    6.3 km from Holiday Haven Campground
    View more hotels in Cornwall
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed August 7, 2018

whom ever is day to day manager is not friendly unless you are from off island I used to camp there enjoyed but last coulpe years the managers are only interested in the all migthy foreign dollars, drove thru to pass time as lived lose by and very rudley to leave or the police would be called I am an injured military veteran of 30 years and never have I been treated like this, is not the first time I have been treated like this and they know who they are. and we had our 2 special needs grandkids with us.

Room tip: check it before you book.
    Date of stay: September 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We decided to stay here for 5 days because we were touring the island. Although our preference is a national park, they were all booked up for the Cavendish Beach Music Festival. This park however is great for kids and we had our 11 year old grandson with us. Check in was good , we changed sites because our trailer wouldn't fit in the allocated site. The bathrooms were very clean and the front service was excellent and efficient. Lots of activities and fun things to do for the children. Pool activities, tie dye t-shirts etc...
    Downsides. We don't like being so close together but expected this in a KOA. And the Wi-Fi was very poor. I came to the office to do my email and other methods of communication. As I said its great for kids but if it was just us folk, I would prefer more privacy.

Date of stay: July 2018
    1  Thank Anne-Marie R
    Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Have stayed hear each year for the past 8 years. We have traveled across Canada many times and still find this not only one if our favorites but the best in the east coast. Oceanfront, 10 min to downtown Ch'town, Clean, quiet and outstanding staff.

The only regret we have in putting this review in is that more people will stay making it harder to get our favorite waterfront site.

Date of stay: June 2018
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

We spent several days here and it’s was the nicest rv Park we have ever stayed in. It was beautiful the lots were big the facilities clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this rv Park to anyone coming to this area. It’s convenient to all the island easy to find and so easy to get in and out

Date of stay: June 2018
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed April 12, 2018

We are from Ontario and in August 2017 three families (in separate RVs, pop up trailer) stayed here. Myself and my six children LOVED it! We are not hard core campers and we were VERY pleased with the amenities! First of all the washrooms were the cleanest I have ever seen in a camp ground. We were in the pop up trailer and we stayed on the RV side of the park so the washrooms weren’t busy at all. My children were in heaven with all of the stuff to do. From the big bouncy “pillow” to the sit down bikes they could ride. And there is wifi to my 13 year olds delight! Although it wasn’t great at the sites, it was perfect at the general store where they had a lounge area to sit and use the wifi. The pool is large and clean and they had a hayride for the kids! Oh, I was also able to do laundry.....lots of laundry! Quite a few machines. They are (as expected) expensive but they existed! I even forgot laundry soap and was able to buy some at the general store, although I recommend bringing some because again, it was expensive.
    So now to the absolutely breathtaking views. The park is STUNNING! The beach is amazing! My kids and I went mussel digging one evening and were able to walk out on the beach really far as the tide was out. I highly recommend camping here!

Date of stay: August 2017