Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cornwall
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Stayed here for 6 nights recently. It is a fantastic hotel. Our room was huge and very clean. Beds were very comfy. Hotel is located in a central spot for easy travel around the island. Breakfast had an excellent selection -- hot items like waffles, sausage, and eggs, as well as Timmy's muffins, bread, oatmeal, and cereal. It was regularly restocked throughout the morning. The breakfast area is a bit small, but a little patience goes a long way. The staff was really nice and helpful. We only used the pool once, but the kids enjoyed it. Will definitely stay here again if we ever get the chance to visit PEI in the future.

Room Tip: If accessibility is not an issue, ask for a room upstairs at the back of the hotel. Our room (224) w...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Julie P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear mervv179

Thank you for leaving your kind review from your stay with us, we are truly glad that you enjoyed your weeks stay with us and enjoyed our choice of breakfast. We are renovating the breakfast and lobby area by the end of the year so you will have to venture back to see the improvements (increasing the seating) on your next trip.
Safe Travels. Regards

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We ended up staying for two nights on the first day of the transition from Super 8 to Quality Inn at the end of June. Of course there were glitches and check-in took quite a while, but staff were friendly. The room with 2 queens was good, but not much space at all between the bed and entry way.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Ryan S

Thank you leaving your review from your stay with us in June.
It was an interesting time switching brands for the first day or two but all the staff pulled together and we got there, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay after your check in however and we would look forward to having you stay with us in the future to see more renovations that we are aiming to complete.
Regards

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We enjoyed our two night stay from beginning to end! I had booked many months before, and expected to see a Super 8, so had to ask what had happened. The front staff were most helpful to explain the change to a Quality Inn. I suspect that some of the rooms are still undergoing some renovations, as our room was large and very nice, with a large bathroom as well. Breakfast was very good, though true herbal teas would be nice. Tim Horton muffins too!! I cannot say enough positive about the front desk staff (I had their names, but have misplaced them when unpacking). The young gentleman on the evening shift told us about an amazing place in Charlottetown -Hopyard. They have a computer for clients, as well as a washer and dryer. Really nice swimming pool too! - Thanks!

1  Thank Ann M
Julie P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Ann M

Thank you for leaving your kind review from your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that we met and exceeded expectations. I am also pleased to hear that all staff were friendly and helpful as we do like to provide great guest service. Safe Travels. Regards

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites in Cornwall, Charlottetown, the first night we arrived in PEI, even though we were travelling up-island, because it was 12 midnight when our flight got in.
Room was small, (we did, however, have two beds), and was dated, but clean. Grandkids loved the big, in-door pool with slide, the next morning before we left.
It was sufficient for our needs that late at night, so no issues or complaints!!

Dear BCTraveller89

Thank you fr leaving your review from your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us with your grandchildren and we would look forward to having you staying with us again if you are ever back on our Island. Regards

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Was dismayed to see substantial price increase since last year, now costing almost $200 (incl taxes) for a room with 2 queen beds. The hotel did offer some hot breakfast items (oatmeal, toast, waffles, etc) prior to switching to the Quality brand, so the inclusion of scrambled eggs and sausage is really not a big upsell. Other than slightly expanded breakfast options, we really didn't notice any other new value for the higher price. And, pool is still cold and they took away the Jacuzzi. The higher price has pushed us to look elsewhere for our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Julie P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear PEIafficionado

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We have as you mention done a brand switch at the end of June, which incorporated renovations for our King Suites, New carpet throughout the hotel, drapes and adding some pieces to our breakfast options. We are also having a full lobby renovation by the end of the year. We did remove our hot tub as it was causing many issues but replaced that with a water slide. I apologize if you feel $ including taxes that you paid for your room was too high for your stay with us, our rates have been fluctuating for the past month. We would hope you do come back on your next trip to see our next renovations and to enjoy them. Regards

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The room was tiny, had to move sideways between beds and door hit first bed when you entered the room. We returned from a day trip and cloning items were missing, when I confronted staff and desk manager they blew me off and blamed me for not locking things up. Desk manager refused to provide contact info for higher management. The hotel is now a Quality Inn so don't be fooled it still sucks. I contacted the head office and they did not answer after several attempts. Wish I could give them a negative score.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sean W

Thank you for leaving your review and providing me with details regarding any issues that came up during your stay.
The lay out of our hotel does vary from room to room, unfortunately your stay was in one of our smaller rooms with 2 queen beds, I apologize if you found this too small for your needs.
Please feel free to contact me on my email jparker@qualityinnandsuitescharlottetown with regards to your missing hat. We do have a system in place for any lost and found items which I have checked and nothing was logged for that room but I can search through our items again to check that for you. Regards

Reviewed 6 July 2017

This hotel just recently switched over to a Quality Inn. The rooms are very small, it was clean, but small. The bathroom was jus about big enough for one person. I had a tour group here from the states for a Nova Scotia TOur and it was our worst experience while in Canada. One of the rooms had a TV that was not working but we were told they could not switch it for another TV set because they were programmed for the room. Never heard of such an excuse. Breakfast room was very small as well, could seat 24 people. I have never been a fan of Quality Inn and this only made me believe even more why we don't use them. THe staff was very friendly, but really not very helpful. It is located in the middle of no where with nothing close by to walk to. Would not recommend a stay here if you are looking for convenience to restaurants, stores, etc.

Room Tip: All 20 rooms we used were tiny.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank MarjorieDanley
Julie P, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Hi Majorie

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review from your tours stay with us. I am surprised to hear some of the issues that you had for your stay as I myself greeted your tour on arrival and all guests seemed happy as I was interacting with them, advising them of different amenities etc. Some of our rooms are smaller with the design of the building however usually we have no issues with tours staying here. Please email me directly on jparker@qualityinnandsuitescharlottetown.com so that I can discuss further with you as we aim for our guests to enjoy their stay but appreciate that our location is not for all guests being 8 minutes from downtown Charlottetown. Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornwall
5 km away
Rodd Charlottetown
#7 of 23 in Charlottetown
5.6 km away
Delta Hotels Prince Edward by Marriott

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!