Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$124
Booking.comUS$124
TripadvisorUS$124
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews country ham wonderful hosts stayed nights beautiful room great amenities map suggestions highlights
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2019

We booked two nights in the loft room during July. To say we were delighted is an understatement. The rooms were comfortable and very tastefully decorated. We were lucky enough to spend a couple of evenings in the company of the owners Glenn and Joan. We hit it off right away and spent more time laughing than talking. It felt like we’d known them for years. We intend to keep in touch. I can’t recommend this location highly enough. First class!

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed May 3, 2019

I live in Bellevue Washington state. I was coming to PEI to look at Country Charm B and B in hopes of purchasing the property. I had spoken to and emailed Glen explaining what I was doing and made arrangements to rent the loft for at least 3 days, possibly 4. When I got there Glen had informed me that the property was sold and then said I hadn't reaffirmed that I was coming and offered me an apology as well as a cup of tea. In all of my travels I have never had to reaffirm a reservation, ever. I congratulated him on the sale of the property knowing they have been trying to sell for several years now and wanted to go to the loft. It had been a long trip and I needed to regroup and figure out how to rearrange my schedule. He informed me he had rented out the loft to someone else. To be fair, he offered me a queen sized room in the B and B which I politely declined. At that point I had had enough. I had traveled for 12 hour to get to Nova Scotia, driven another 4 hours to get to PEI to find out the property I was staying at and thinking of buying was sold and my reservation ignored. It was a total waste of time and money to make the trip to the Country Charm B and B.
Glen I truly am happy for you and Joan. I know how long you've been trying to sell your property and I'm glad you did. Your professionalism toward me however was abysmal. We had spoken on the phone and emailed back and forth. I had a reservation and you "lost" all of my information which cost me a lot of time and money and while your apology and offer of tea was nice, it really didn't make up for your treatment of me.
I wish you the best of luck on your retirement.

Room tip: You should probably reaffirm your reservation.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Wanderer32585, Owner at Country Charm Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2019

I sincerely apologize for this unfortunate set of events, but you need to take partial responsibility for the outcome. Yes, you did email me once inquiring about the property. I told you the best thing to do was call me to discuss. On that call we discussed you coming to look at the property and you gave me some loose dates. I asked you to confirm the dates after talking to your partner in Nova Scotia and get back to me with your complete contact info so I could complete the reservation. No information was received and no credit card was given to hold reservation. My bad was I did not keep the phone number or the email address because I was expecting the information to be sent back to me or a call to reconfirm the loose dates. I assumed that not hearing from you for 6-8 weeks that you were not coming. When you arrived I was shocked. Without a credit card and contact info, and an opportunity arose to rent the Loft for a month, yes I did rent it. However I offered you at no charge a Queen room in the B&B which was as nice as the Loft. You make is sound that your time and expenses was just to view our property but you told me you were also viewing other properties in Nova Scotia and spending time with a friend. You would also think that you might be curious after a conversation 6-8 weeks earlier if the property was still available? Your partner even admitted at the door that he suggested you call to make sure it was still available. To other folks reading this review and wondering about this season, we will be operating the property as we have for the last 15 years with exceptional service and new owners will take over at the end of October.

Reviewed January 2, 2019

Four fantastic nights spent at Country Charm. Joan and Glenn were amazing hosts, with lots of insights into the island, what to see, what to do, where to eat...everything they recommended turned out to be great.

The room was beautiful, with comfortable bed and good size ensuite. Breakfast choices were wonderful, and delicious. Night time chats, coffee and dessert (nice touch) really made us feel at home without ever being too much.

Location is perfect for travelling around, to beaches, lighthouses, and various towns and restaurants. Glenn also recommended an app, which worked well to find things to see and do and was always ready to recommend places to go, things to see and places to eat. Hosts definitely made the stay a pleasure.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2018

The setting is in the country, the treatment by the hosts are royal. Glenn and Joanne are not your ordinary inn keepers, they are intellectuals with knowledge, class, passion and charisma, you can talk about anything and be amazed by their perspective. Everything they provide is top quality with taste. The breakfast is sumptuous and served in silverware and fine china from England. We originally plan to stay in the neighbourhood for 1 night to catch early ferry ride next morning to cape Breton, after talking to Glenn on the phone decided to change our plan to stay there 2 nights, it was the highlight of our 2 weeks trip to the Maritimes. Do go to east coast, and stay in this place, you are bound to encounter many pleasant surprises!

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

We were that rare animal, a couple exploring the Maritimes & Newfoundland without a car. Glenn & Joan of Country Charm rose magnificently to the challenge. Arranging an island tour, ferry collection & drop off, bikes and boats on site to explore the adjacent trails and lake- nothing was too much trouble. Add to that Glenn’s wonderful breakfasts and convivial get togethers in the conservatory each evening, plus beautifully appointed bedrooms- what more could one ask? PEI is truly a lovely place to visit & while we arrived as strangers, Glenn & Joan made us feel that we left as friends. A special place in every way!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple