All reviews next morning lawrence river quebec city the owner comfortable rooms night's sleep beautiful place enjoyed our stay breakfast room an added bonus brigitte gite france falls arrangements countryside avenue
Reviewed July 16, 2017

Your hostess, Brigitte, is wonderful from making your reservation to saying au revoir! Very clean, comfortable rooms. She's prepares a delicious breakfast and assists you in planning your daily travel around the beautiful Quebec countryside. Our room had a balcony overlooking the river and Ile d'Orleans. Make this a couple night stop when you visit Quebec!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2017

We booked 2 rooms for one night, and had a great ans warm welcome of Brigitte. The rooms are clean, decorated with taste, and full of little things that make the difference. The kids were happy, so did we. Breakfast was good, in front of this beautiful view.
To reccommend, couple or families (I would however avoid with turbulent children ;) ).

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Le Royal C, Propriétaire at Le Royal Champetre, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Hi, I am glad you and the whole family enjoyed the stay. Wish you all the best and a great Summer! Until, next time, maybe for Fall or winter!?:)

Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

In late September 2016 my wife and I traveled to the Québec City region for a belated fifth wedding anniversary trip; and we stayed five wonderful nights at Le Royal Champêtre in the Winter Suite. The inn is an absolute gem - immaculately clean, modern, and comfortable with a marvelous view of the St. Lawrence River and Île d'Orleans from the breakfast area. Beautiful local artwork available for purchase adorns the inn's walls and rooms Brigitte, the innkeeper and proprietor, is very friendly and incredibly knowledgeable about the area. She prepares delicious and varied breakfasts using local products and will assist you in helping to plan your day with an array of maps and brochures. Her hospitality knows no bounds as she carefully navigated us to the inn when we went off course in our travels. In addition to her native French, she speaks excellent English and even conversed in Spanish with my wife. On our last day in Québec she provided us with an assortment of terrific local jams to take home with us. Awesome place and a great launching pad to explore this amazing and historic part of "la belle province."

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Le Royal C, Propriétaire at Le Royal Champetre, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2017

I am glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to meet great people looking for to discover the region and the local taste. Do take care and hope to see you again soon in Boischatel!

Reviewed October 10, 2016

My wife and I stayed at Le Royal Champêtre during a small three-day getaway to Quebec City and were so happy we made the decision to come here. Our host Brigitte, was friendly, courteous, and always willing to help us out or give us sightseeing and restaurant suggestions.

Her B&B is located just outside of the city, maybe a ten minute drive into Old Quebec and five minutes away from the Montmorency Falls (it's about a twenty minute walk to those and you don't have to pay any fees since you're not using the parking lot there). She has five rooms, one named after the St. Laurence River and the other four after the four seasons, each of which are decorated accordingly and beautifully in a type of vintage/country theme. Also, the place is spotless! It is by far the cleanest establishment I've ever stayed in. Guests are asked to take their shoes off upon entering the house to protect the wood floors and to keep things clean which we thought was a great idea.

The three-course breakfasts are all homemade and are plentiful and delicious. The view from her kitchen and of some of the rooms is out on to the countryside and St. Laurence River so it's just a wonderful environment to have your meal. Brigitte offers guests three times for breakfast (8:00 AM, 8:30 AM, and 9:00 AM) so you can decide whether to get your day started sooner or sleep in.

One other thing I'd like to mention is she has several absolutely beautiful paintings around the B&B and in the rooms painted by local artist Pauline Nadeau. If there's a little card on them with a price, they are for sale. My wife and I thought they would make great souvenirs and picked up one for our home.

Without a doubt, when we return to Quebec City, we will be staying here again. I'd highly recommend Le Royal Champêtre to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Le Royal C, Propriétaire at Le Royal Champetre, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2016

It was a pleasure to have you here. The painter of Boischatel was informed of your purchase. She was very pleased and thank you. I have the pleasure to meet beautiful people and I am glad you encourage local artists such as Pauline. Hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

We had the absolute pleasure of spending three nights at this beautiful and well maintained property. Our hostess Bridgitte was warm and welcoming. Breakfast was excellent and we appreciated the option of three time slots to choose from the night before. The thing that really stands out here is the careful attention to the comfort of the guests. It is immaculately clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Not many B&B's are as accommodating for families with children. Our little suite (Autumn room) had a lovely little second room with a single bed for our daughter, as well the Winter room has a similar arrangement with two twin beds in an adjoining space. The area is lovely with many things to do and see. We would definitely return.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends