See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is a modest standard apart-hotel that offers a variety of accommodation choices from size, location and level of upgrade. We stayed 3 days in a river-view unit in a high floor. Please note that there are no elevators and you have to carry your own luggage. If this is an issue, there are ground level units available, but with very limited view of the water (if any). There is nothing fancy about this accommodation, just plain furnishings and a very well equipped kitchen. The location is very good, a fair good walk to most of the city amenities and a short drive to supermarkets, restaurants and attractions nearby. Front desk service is quite cordial. We stayed at this property a few times over the years, and although we acknowledge that it could use some upgrading, we kept coming back after trying other properties, because when all things considered, it is a good value and we feel welcome every time. There is no on-site restaurant, but it does not bother us. We enjoy preparing our own breakfast and eating it either in the balcony or the dining area while viewing the boats go by. There are plenty of restaurants nearby to chose from if you do not feel like cooking, as well, staff can advise you about food delivery services in town. Would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: River-view units are pricier but worth it, however, their best views are from the higher floors. Because there are no elevators, this is a consideration when choosing a unit in this facility.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have been here for 2 nights and what I can say is that we were pleased with our choice. We chose a modern studio with very good Malbaie river view at a very good price even for a long weekend period.
The studio has a kitchenette with all items you need to cook your own meal, the living room has a nice fireplace, there are some stairs to go to the bed (I think it was a queen) and from there some down stairs to the bathroom (there is a modern Jacuzzi and a small shower). There is a huge sliding door between the bedroom and the bathroom (like the Japanese door). An air conditioning is available in the studio but never used it. We sleep well with some exceptions during one night when we heard constantly the raindrops (there is not so good soundproofing). This would be the only (-) for our staying here.
The receptionists were very welcoming and the service was quick at both checks in and out.
There are 5 to 10 minutes till the cliff with very nice views to the bay
We went to Acropole-des-Draveurs (at approx. 50 km) from Hautes Gorges Park and the views from the summit are magnificent.

We definitely will return here if we’ll be in this region again.

Room Tip: the last floors gives excellent views
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank limar999
Reviewed December 26, 2010

We were there for 4 days and enjoyed every minute. The view from our balcony was very nice. Although the kitchenette area was small, we still enjoyed cooking and eating in our studio.
We received very good service from the personnel. They have advised us and arrranged excursions that were exactly what we expected.
I would return to this hotel next time we are in the area.
The casino is nearby, you can walk to it if you feel like taking a long walk.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Traveling with 3 adults and 3 children and prefered a suite as opposed to 2 seperate rooms. Advertising pictures looked good. Hotel employee that we booked with promised 3 bedroom condo. Also told us that we needed to be there before 10 pm when they closed the front desk. Boy were we taken! It was a 3 bedroom run down, dirty, upsidedown shack that was located in a side building that had seen better days. The beds were small and uncomfortable with old sheets and blankets. The bathroom was missing a shower head. When we checked in and went to the "room", we immediately went back and tried to speak to the very unfriendly clerk who could have cared less. The response to our concern was - " well, it still works, water comes out"! The clerk barely spoke to us when we checked in, let alone when we needed something. There was a small living area upstaris with what the kids called a closet because it didn't have a real door and was very small with a matress on the floor that was supposed to make it a bedroom. There was a balcony off this living area that was so rickety that I was afraid the kids would get hurt/fall if we tried to use it. I tested the railing and it started to move and give when I touched it that I thought it would give way if the kids leaned on it. We stayed the night only because the kids were tired and we needed to get something to eat. We initially had thoughts of staying another night in the area and possibly "roughing it " there for another night until we had to deal with cold showers in the morning. That made the desision for us - we packed and we were out of there!. And for the price - it wasn't even close to being worth it. The only positive thing that I can say is that the outside pool was clean.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank PhillySteeler
Reviewed August 27, 2008

What a horrible stay! I went online to find a clean affordable hotel in the little town of Malbaie. I found many hotels in town (all reasonablly priced) and most had some type of casino package which caught my eye. I came across a picture of this pretty blue building by the water and decided to call and book. Boy was that a mistake! The hotel reservation agent assured us that the rooms were clean and they all had a view of the lake. When I asked about the casino deal she said that we would get a $10 casino token as well. For $73 that sounded very reasonable.

To make a long story short.......we ended up in another building that was run down (obviously not shown online). There was no view......just a bunch of bushes across from our ground level dump. The room was fairly clean but definately not what was advertised. When I went to talk to the hotel staff about how deceptive our booking was there was no one who had any authority to bump us up to an available nicer room. (I would have left and gone to a b & b if I could have-but of course I would have been charged). The next day I spoke with a manager and she responded to my complaint by saying "what do you expect for an economy room?" Not exactly good customer service. To top it all off we were charged $83 not $73 because we were charged $10 extra for our "free" $10 casino token. Needless to say our night in Malbaie was ruined.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank v_dotter