See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Four friends travelling together enjoyed our 2 night stay at this clean, tidy B&B. Comfortable rooms with en suite bathroom shower as well as a bathtub (in the bedroom). Delicious breakfast. Friendly, helpful hosts Annick and Andre, who are also accomplished musicians. Made use of the deck outside one of our rooms for an impromptu lunchtime picnic while enjoying the view of the St Lawrence. For those with animal allergies, there are no pets at this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelngJJ
Reviewed September 3, 2015

Great little B&B that won't disappoint you. I usually wait until a few days after my stay, once everything has had time to sink in, before I write a review, but this time I felt a compulsion to do it earlier during my stay. Annick, the hostess, was very charming, friendly and helpful, making our arrival a pleasant and informative experience. We had booked one of the smaller rooms, but as she didn't have anyone else staying over that might, she offered us a much larger and comfortable room, at a reduced rate, which we jumped at. The room was large, super nice, comfortable and very clean. The views from the house are spectacular, with expansive views over the bay and the mighty St. Lawrence river. The only negative comment that I can possibly make is that the Gite is right by route 138, which can make it a bit noisy due to the passing vehicles and trucks. Otherwise, no complaints. Since we're not yet finished our stay, I am totally looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning. Bottom line: awesome place to stop as you journey through La Malbaie and the beautiful Charlevoix region. Well done Annik! Cheers!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2015

We booked 2 rooms for 1 night, the Charlevoisienne suite and the Chatelaine room. When we arrived, the Chatelaine had been extended to the previous visitors so we were given the Tourelle room at the same cost! What great customer service!

Our hosts were so friendly and accomodating. I really feel like we parted as friends. My mother couldn't stop talking about what a great visit she had.

Breakfast the next morning was a grand affair. Course after course of delicious, homemade food! If you go, I hope they make the maple quiche for you. I hated that I was unable to finish eating it. I dream about it!

You will never regret visiting this little piece of heaven. The views from the front are fantastic. We saw baby beluga whales playing in the St-Lawrence river!!

Book your stay now!

Room Tip: Take a suite. I heard another guest talking about how small the Chatelaine room was. You will be very comfortable in one of the suites.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2015

An adorable b and b, and extremely well-run. Andre and Annick will make you feel like the most valued people in the world. They cannot do enough for you- from restaurant advice and reservations to whale watching cruises to just talking and laughing together. And such wonderful cooks-breakfast was a treat. Then after breakfast they sit down and play live music as the "5th course"!

There was a problem with the wifi in our room and Annick ran downtown to try and fixit! You can tell they love what they do and they make you love it too!

The tower room is a bit quirky— the toilet and claw-foot tub are right in the bedroom— but for 2 nights it was fine without a shower, PLUS the downstairs private sitting room with a piano was heaven!

Thank you Andre and Annick for a fabulous stay!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2014

We stayed there because of all the comments. Unfortunately, if you plan on leaving windows open or sitting on the balcony (the tower has neither, but the room does), you will hear constant truck noise, as this is the only highway on the north shore. So last night, I barely slept from all the noise. And no air conditioning so very warm with the windows closed. The host is a great guy, the food is excellent (I wish I got breakfast like this at home). But the noise....man!

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple