“Gourmet French Food, Great Chefs”
Review of Vices Versa

Vices Versa
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in La Malbaie
Price range: US$51 - US$58
Cuisines: French, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I was recently in the area for a conference and came to this restaurant with colleagues.
The Husband/ Wife Vice/ Versa menu is a great idea.

All the food was excellent and we even got to meet the chefs! Thanks for accommodating us and giving us a great night.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

My wife and I enjoyed an excellent evening at this restaurant a few days ago. We chose the option of three dishes each, myself from the men's selection and my wife from the women's. Each dish was delicious and unique and was served with a glass of wine specifically chosen to accompany the dish. Great, friendly service and wonderful food prepared by two chefs we greeted personally and complimented at the end of the evening. One suggestion I would make, however, is to add a selection of imported wines to their list.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

We both chose the three small plate options and had the wine pairings. I actually write for a living and I'm also a former chef and it would be hard to praise the inspired dishes highly enough. My absolute favorite was the confit/fois gras plate and the wine that went with it. Each dish was elegant and the proportions were perfect for us. Service was impeccable and almost invisibly efficient. Timing and the order of the courses was also nicely done.

1  Thank volcanicwriter
Reviewed 30 September 2015

We originally booked a table for two, then changed the reservation for 4 and then again for 5 !
On each occasion the staff was courteous and accommodating!
The food was great and the service even nicer!
You won't be disappointed...

Reviewed 27 September 2015

The restaurant is run by two chefs: a man and his wife. The menu has the standard Table d'Hote layout on the left, but on the right is a unique menu. Two column labeled Vices and Versas. The Vices are the male side and the Versas are the female side. The ingredients are the same on each side, but the dishes are prepared quite differently. You chose two or three dishes sit back and enjoy a culinary experience. We chose the Arctic Char and the Charlevoix veal. The Vice char was baked, the versa was marinated. Apart from what you order, the meal includes small dishes as appetizers and desserts.We found that two dishes and no dessert was sufficient. Each dish also has a suggested wine which you can order by the glass. The price of the meal is fixed depending on the number of courses and the wines consumed.