2,875 results
All reviewsgolf coursemanoir richelieuthe riverbeautiful hotelquebec cityst laurentoutdoor poolpresident's clubvalet parkingtennis courtsmini golfwhale watchingbuffet dinnerhotel guestsbeautiful groundsold world charmwalking trails
Reviewed January 30, 2017

I've been there twice now, 13 years apart.

This simply is a great hotel - Fairmont quality - in a small to mid-size town in Charlevoix. The site is simply stunning, overlooking the St. Lawrence River.

The staff and food is Fairmont quality - they've done it right.

Thanks to the US-CAD exchange rate, the price is quite reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Karim I, Manager at Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2017

Dear ABD1958,

Many thanks

Karim ikrimah
Fairmont le Manoir Richelieu

Reviewed January 23, 2017

Charlevoix is all in all the most romantic and scenic place in Quebec! And the Manoir is a MUST visit! The casino is on site too. WE stayed here for my 40th celebration! The rooms are so pretty, and we had a view of the St-Laurence... I wish we could have enjoyed the chic room more... but there's just so much to see and do in Charlevoix!!! The food was very good. The breakfast was quite pricey, but we had the cold brekafast and it was just perfect! We also had a massage. It was decent. Eventhough it was an hour, it was probably more of 55 minutes, and they don't publicize the price but it was STEEP! And there are <baths> which was basically a small room with eucalyptus and you could cool off in a shower or the pool. The outside pool was real FUN though! We went in October so it was cold out but they had heated the outside pool which was AMAZING!!! We had our kids with us and they have a whole kids center which was great!!! The decor of the place is amazing too! Very chic and stunning decorations. The casino is there too, but we couldn't go cuz of the kids... They have some nice shops with local delicacies. One other con, I thought I would get Aeroplan miles for my stay, but you can't anymore as you need to be an <Executive> member. But all in all, a must visit as it's location is just stunning, and you can walk around the grounds and just admire the beautiful scenery...
Oh, and on a final note, the shampoo and conditioner in the rooms is just DIVINE!!!!

Room Tip: Saint-Laurence view
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Amarevita
Karim I, Manager at Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2017

Dear Amarevita,

We appreciate the time you took to post your recent comments from your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the kind words and compliments of our staff. We hope to see you in the near future.

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us.
I was so glad to read how much you enjoyed the service and the amenities we offer.
We appreciate your feedback and continued support of the hotel!

Reviewed January 21, 2017

Beautiful resort with indoor and outdoor pools. Nice to sit outside on the terrace while having drinks or food. Overlooking the St. Lawrence. Fabulous golf course. Staff professional and courteous. Rented bikes and biked into town.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Karim I, Manager at Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Dear Suiteday13,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu.

Reviewed January 12, 2017

Windsnwaters occasionally has extra money for Luxury, so we headed to Le Manoir Richelieu in the heart of the Charlevoix Region. Everything was almost perfect (I don't ever give perfect by the way, as we is human), and by far a favourite destination. e spent 4 days here and enjoyed it immensely, except if you want tranquility, and peace, and some quiet, don't bother its filled with young families with little children who seem to run and wreak noise all over, for their parents do not have control of their offspring. The food as always is good, but too expensive, and thank goodness for the new St-Hubert in the Casino for quick lunches on site at reasonable prices.

Now given the hotel was at 95% capacity (so I was told), I arrived back home from our little sejour (weekend getaway for non-francophones) away, I had a vicious cold that suddenly appeared after the typical 72 incubation period, and ha not surprising I was in a building where hundreds of germs were floating around just waiting! Note: Fairmont Royal York in Toronto recently was the topic of germs on a CBC program.Makes me wonder how well they clean and disinfect things like elevator buttons, which children and (adults) for some reason love too touch and smear their germs all over. I do wonder about the actual cleanliness of certain areas in the hotel.

The pool was out of commission for a few hours on one of the days, un-admittedly due to some child relieving themselves possibly? This isn't the first time this has happened during a stay. Frustrating to say the least, when all you want is to do a few laps, and chill out in tranquility (not even remotely possible during big holiday periods, where children are not in school).

Another great way to enjoy this beautiful place is the outdoors. Just avoid the small skating rink (filled with small creatures called children), and the place is heaven. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, just not the whiny, modern day ones that exist, where parents have zero or little control.

Recommendation is to stay home on new years, and go the week after all the rid raf and the kids have gone home and back to school.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WindsNWaters
Karim I, Manager at Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Dear WindsNWaters,

La Malbaie, Québec
Canada G5A 1X7

Karim.Ikrimah@Fairmont.com

Reviewed December 31, 2016

We've stayed at this casually elegant hotel for two days in each of the past five years (with a bus tour), and never been disappointed. Its location is most beautiful on a hill overlooking La Malbaie on the St. Lawrence. The staff are unfailingly welcoming and helpful. We usually opt for buffet meals for the chance to try different options, but there are several good restaurants. The breakfast buffet is a great way to start the day before setting out to watch whales or visit local galleries. Quebec's North Shore is one of my favorite parts of the world, and this is one of my favorite hotels.

Room Tip: The best rooms have a view of the St. Lawrence.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Karim I, Director of Operations at Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words and positive feedback with us. We were delighted to read you would recommend Fairmont le Manoir Richelieu to others and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,