All reviewsthe st lawrence riverstayed for nightsview of the riverenjoyed our stayaubergediner
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

Friendly owner with a recommendable auberge. We had good diner and breakfast. The hotel is nicely decorated. Great area, good place for walking and making lot of pictures ;-). Nephew of owner can guide you through the mountains.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night in August while on a road trip back to Ontario from Fredericton. The drive on the north shore of the St. Lawrence river is very beautiful. Lots of small villages and wonderful views of the river. We stayed one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The restaurant downstairs was top notch and the service good and friendly. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the meals. I would definitely eat here again. The Inn itself is located on a quiet street about 5 minutes from the main town of La Malbaie. In town there are plenty of restaurants and fast food outlets. We never tried any but I suspect they are fine. Our room had a view of the river. It was quiet and the bathroom was spacious and everything worked properly. The room did not have air conditioning but there was a nice breeze off the river. The bed was comfortable. The sloped ceiling was a bit low but it was part of the cape cod features of the building. I don't think all rooms have this feature. If you are tall you may want to ask for a room without sloped ceilings. Overall it was a nice place at very reasonable cost. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

Very nice, quaint, quiet and clean Auberge. Rooms are adorable and nice size. Check in was very easy! I would say the only negative point was the breakfast. Not impressed we were expecting better. I would definitely come back

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2016

My husband and I have been visiting this inn 3 times over the years; our last stay was in September 2016. We took the "forfait dégustation" Foodie package, which included a full supper (including trip on food), a night in a above-average room and A breakfast.
The supper was good (although not as beautiful as the one we experienced at that inn 3 years ago), service was standard. The room was situated in a pavilion at the back of the main inn; comfortable room, very small bathroom; I command the cleanliness of the room. Breakfast was better and more than we expected.

I recommend that inn, owner is very present and nice but would recommend to go in summer months.

Room Tip: I recommend above-average room; we took a regular room on one occasion; it is extremely small and no view of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2016

We stayed only one night, got to enjoy the spa and sauna (free but you have to reserve, which is nice since you are alone in it). The room was nice, with the roof en lucarnes. If you're looking for a B&B, this is not the spot : the warmth, character and coziness is missing. It really feels like a mini-hotel, which is not bad in itself, just not what we were expecting. And for the price, we were a little disappointed with the overall experience.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple