All reviews the st lawrence river stayed for nights view of the river breakfasts were excellent enjoyed our stay auberge diner sunrise
Reviewed September 19, 2017

This was our stay as part of a whale watching excursion with family. The Auberge is very nice and situated in a very picturesque area along the Saint Laurence. Our accommodations were excellent and had just recently been renovated. The staff were more than pleased to assist with anything you need and our host graciously arranged for our reservations for our excursions and dinners. The meals in the restaurant were top notch and the dining staff friendly and efficient. If you are looking for peace and quiet and a place with character and great views, this is it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Valérie Andrée A, Directeur général at Auberge des Peupliers, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear sir, It was a pleasure to have you at our property. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Very best regards,
Valérie A.

Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

Friendly owner with a recommendable auberge. We had good diner and breakfast. The hotel is nicely decorated. Great area, good place for walking and making lot of pictures ;-). Nephew of owner can guide you through the mountains.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a night in August while on a road trip back to Ontario from Fredericton. The drive on the north shore of the St. Lawrence river is very beautiful. Lots of small villages and wonderful views of the river. We stayed one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The restaurant downstairs was top notch and the service good and friendly. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the meals. I would definitely eat here again. The Inn itself is located on a quiet street about 5 minutes from the main town of La Malbaie. In town there are plenty of restaurants and fast food outlets. We never tried any but I suspect they are fine. Our room had a view of the river. It was quiet and the bathroom was spacious and everything worked properly. The room did not have air conditioning but there was a nice breeze off the river. The bed was comfortable. The sloped ceiling was a bit low but it was part of the cape cod features of the building. I don't think all rooms have this feature. If you are tall you may want to ask for a room without sloped ceilings. Overall it was a nice place at very reasonable cost. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

Very nice, quaint, quiet and clean Auberge. Rooms are adorable and nice size. Check in was very easy! I would say the only negative point was the breakfast. Not impressed we were expecting better. I would definitely come back

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2016

My husband and I have been visiting this inn 3 times over the years; our last stay was in September 2016. We took the "forfait dégustation" Foodie package, which included a full supper (including trip on food), a night in a above-average room and A breakfast.
The supper was good (although not as beautiful as the one we experienced at that inn 3 years ago), service was standard. The room was situated in a pavilion at the back of the main inn; comfortable room, very small bathroom; I command the cleanliness of the room. Breakfast was better and more than we expected.

I recommend that inn, owner is very present and nice but would recommend to go in summer months.

Room Tip: I recommend above-average room; we took a regular room on one occasion; it is extremely small and no view of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple