Lock in the lowest price from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to stay in La Malbaie. It has the old-world charm and character that only a 100 year old building can have, plus the best view from the second floor porch in the entire town. I highly recommend Le Manoir Charlevoix to anyone staying in the area.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2018

At first glance, you may be a little dissuaded by slanted stairwell but seriously this little gem is worth the walk to your room. We were there with a group and each room is completely renovated inside and each is different. Super cute and quaint.

The owner Bianca is really what made it! Anything we asked she did. Wood for the outdoor fireplace, no problem, a fridge that didn't work, no problem, she even offered to do our laundry! What?

The kitchen wasn't supposed to be open at the beginning of our stay, yet she fired up the oven in the bar and made a selected menu just for us. She really did go above and beyond.

I mean let's be honest, the hotel is over 100 years old and is not yet fully renovated, so there were a couple of quirks, but nothing that I would really take time to complain about.

I have stayed in a number of 5-star hotels but have never had service, that was provided without monetary expectations like this. I would absolutely recommend if you are heading to La Malbaie, make the Manoir Charlevoix your location to stay.

Room tip: Room 235! Loved it! It backs onto the greenspace and even with the windows open was very quiet.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2018

My first impression of the hotel was that it was definitely rustic, the public areas looked dated but clean and well kept. Charming old building with creaky wooden floors, very different from cookie cutter modern hotels. The rooms all looked newly renovated and were large and airy. Beautiful view of the St Lawrence from the front balcony/patio. The food and service were what made this visit great. The owner was very attentive to our needs and very accommodating. She made up a menu for the week for us and prepared some very excellent meals. The soups were great and so was her signature dish. A very meat based menu but I am sure she could also accommodate vegetarians based on how accommodating she was.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

We had a groupon which included a five course dinner. The hotel is old fashioned and the rooms are far from luxurious. The bathroom needs updating as there are problems with the water pipes but the view of the water is breathtaking. The service was friendly and the supper was delicious. Luckily we are not vegetarians as the only menu choices were meat. Also one must at least understand French as the signs including important information about the bathroom are only in French. This should be remedied.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jacques R, Propriétaire at Manoir Charlevoix, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2017

Reviewed October 16, 2016

I went qith a Groupon coupon. The stay was 149$ for supper, a night and breakfast. The food was great, I would give that a 4.5. The hotel... well...I would rate a 3.If you can, get room 109, the bathroom is newly renovated (or I think it was 109). I had room 107 and it was very spacious with 2 queen beds. Nice, comfy...nothing more...

Room tip: Rooms on the even side are quieter and the view is ok.Take a room on the outside of the main building,nicer,newer,better view.
Date of stay: October 2016