Rancho Buena Vista(Buenavista)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$84
Hotel Palmas de Cortez(Los Barriles)(Great Value!)
US$150
  • Pool
Punta Pescadero Paradise Hotel & Villas(Los Barriles)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$150
Palapas Ventana(La Ventana)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$74
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

US$161
Casa Tara Retreat(El Sargento)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Ventana Bay Resort(La Ventana)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstunaeast capegreat fishingpalapa barnachosdeep sea fishingbeachfront locationhot tublarge poolrooms are cleanoff the beaten pathbottled waternatural hot springslos barrilesdoradoboatscortez
Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for the 2nd year in a row after the Baja Shakespeare play. We again thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms are older but very clean and well maintained. The pool and the hot tub are fabulous. They use water from the hot springs in the area and it makes swimming very special. They just got a new chef and the food is Fantastic! We had filet mignons for dinner and you did not even need a fork to cut them. Breakfast was also a great . We had a vegetarian omelet and huevos rancheros and they were both excellent. The restaurant and bar are both oceanside which also adds to the ambiance. Give this place a try - you won't be dissapointed.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike C
Reviewed February 8, 2016

My family has been staying here for 15-20 years. Where shall I begin? The Spa harkens back to the days when John Wayne & his buddies would come down to a "fishing camp". This is a place to get away from it all and experience a unique place in Baja. The scenery is majestic- sunrise, sunset, full moon add to the surroundings. The staff are above board, kind, & conscientious. The fishing is of legend. Sit around the bar at happy hour & you'll hear many a tale. I'd recommend renting a car for a day & trekking up to La Paz for lunch & site-seeing. The food is wonderful- the soup du jour is always a must. Dining on the veranda as the sun sets over the mountains & the moon rises over the Sea of Cortez, is magical.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a patio down by the pool, and reserve a corner table for dinner
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank MaxMuscolo
Reviewed January 31, 2016 via mobile

I don't even know where to start with this hotel. It rates one of the top worst hotels I've ever stayed in my life. The rooms are seriously outdated. The beds are like sleeping on plywood the washrooms are grim. They served us raw hotdogs as sausages for breakfast. We ended up feeding them to the cats that roam the resort. The pool was freezing the place has potential but needs a major face lift.

Stayed: February 2016
5  Thank eric m
Reviewed December 31, 2015

Kudos to whoever photoshopped the resort photos for Hotels.com it must have taken a LONG time to clean them up.

There are two rooms in each building. Ours have connecting doors, with 4 cm gaps at the top, so you can easily be spied upon and you can have conversations at normal voice levels between rooms, so I hope you know your neighbors! If not, you will soon enough!

I hope you like dark orange because this room has that as a strong theme. Watch out for the light shades on the wall - they are perfectly camouflaged, and fly off with the slightest nudge. Orange walls, orange floor tiles, mottled orange bed spreads, orange lamps, orange sheer window coverings, orange mottled drapes. The only thing toning the room down are seriously attractive paintings in a nice monochrome blue.

The room features floor to ceiling windows, and a restaurant style push door to access the (surprisingly nice) outdoor patio. You can either have privacy, or sunshine, but not both - don't let the sheer curtains fool you, the orange mesh is perfectly see-thru from both sides at all hours.

Please don't bring many devices to charge. There are only 3 available plugs in the whole room, and 2 of them have wires coming out the side to power the overhead lamps which can be dangerous if any of those wires came loose, so don't overload those - it would suck to be displaced by a fire.

Our bathroom features a toilet seat that is broken in half on one side, clean through. The bathroom vanity is covered in yellow tiles that are jagged and broken with exceptionally sharp corners. The tiles were trimmed around the sink with the precision of a hatchet, and the enormous gaps filled in with grout. Speaking of grout, I've seen cleaner grout in my local 24 Hour Fitness, and they never clean their showers. Make sure to wear your flip-flops.

Bring a flashlight if you are coming back to your room at night, because it is very hazardous to walk around without lights. There were lights at one time that helped visitors get around, but they are broken, and it is very, very dark at night. Depending on your room you will need to navigate air conditioning units, stairs, drainage gutters, cacti, and giant concrete boxes.

Most of the rooms surround the main hot spring pool and the larger regular pool. There is no insulation from outside sound in the rooms, and people like to stay up late and have drunken conversations at drunk conversation sound levels while drunk in the hot spring pool. So as a recommendation, get drunk and stay up late in the hot spring pool yourself otherwise you'll be seriously annoyed. Ear plugs work equally well.

There are also tiny ants everywhere right now. They're in the bed, all over the furniture, & I've swiped away a couple dozen from my laptop while writing this. They'll wake you up at night from the rock hard bed making you think there are bed bugs, but they're really just harmless, tiny, annoying ants.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
9  Thank Mike P
Reviewed October 22, 2015

The beach here is amazing. There is a hot spring under the resort and ocean. You can burn your buns if not careful on the spring coming up through the sand. While swimming you can feel the hot springs under your feet. I really liked it. Some days the water is as calm as a lake and other days it has big waves. We bought air beds and rode the waves one day. We walked to the town next door it's about an hour walk and only passed by 2 other people. You could have the beach to yourself. There is a reef really close to the hotel where people snorkel but you can see fish jumping everywhere. One day I didn't get in because there were tons of needle fish at the surfs break> cool to see. The hotel has awesome food. I would suggest the European inclusive plan. It's just as good as the American plan. The rooms are nothing special but they are clean. I had room 38 and it had a soft comfortable bed. Everyone else that stayed with us had hard beds in there room. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is nice. I usually don't feel safe in Mexico but this time I did. I would feel comfortable walking on the beach by myself. This is a hotel known for it's fishing boats. My dad caught 3 Striped Marlin and a couple tuna. I like watching the boats come back at 3 pm to see what everyone caught. They have flags on each boat letting you know. I went fishing one day and we didn't catch a thing. Some days are good and some bad. We had a nice big boat with a cabin. Seas were very rough the day I went and that was't very much fun. Try to pick a calm day and get lot's of live bait. I would enjoy this resort whether you want to fish or not. There are no TV's or refrigerators in the room. You can get ice from the bar to put in your cooler to keep your beer cold. Happy hour is the time to buy drinks it's buy one get one free well drinks > you will have to ask the bartender what drinks that includes. They have really good Pina Coladas. Federika the dog runs around and greets guests. I love dogs and she's super cute but i saw her rolling on a dead fish on the beach. You may want to smell her first to see if it's ok to pet her. This is the best resort that i have stayed in mainly because of the beach. This hotel is hidden off a dirt road but paradise when you arrive. Some say you can drink the water because of the hot spring but when we did we had stomach cramping> but not to bad. Just don't drink it. Stick with the bottled water.

Room Tip: Ask for a comfortable bed (room 38) and don't drink the water
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family