“Relaxing Getaway!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

KaraPNW
Bellingham, Washington
“Relaxing Getaway!”
Reviewed 14 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We stayed at Ann's place for an event at Vena Cava. It was very close and convenient; we walked to the event. Ann was a great host, providing lovely fresh breakfasts and great area suggestions. We loved her homemade wine and local olives (available in her minibar). Did I mention she had a glass of wine poured for us upon arrival? Only wish we had more time to spend at Ann's place!

15 Jul 2017
Kara, it was my pleasure to host you and your husband! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your breakfasts, my wines and your stay....do come again soon! There are lots of great restaurants and wineries for you to discover in our beautiful valley!
Melissa-A...
Mexicali, Mexico
“Our new favorite place”
Reviewed 11 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Every time we go to Valle de Guadalupe we stay in a different place. But after visiting VinoPhiliac we aren't staying anywhere else. Very comfortable beds, beautiful views, nice walks, peaceful sleep and the best hostess in the valley (Ann).

13 Jul 2017
Melissa, it was a pleasure meeting you and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Guests like you make it all worthwhile! I'm looking forward to your next visit, and there are lots more wonderful food and wine spots I can share with you.
Kip S
San Diego, California
“Relaxing respite less than 2 hours from San Diego”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed two nights over the Memorial Day weekend and couldn't have had a better time if we tried. Ann was a real part of our being able to relax. Not only did she provide delicious restaurant recommendations suited to our tastes, but she also guided us to some of the best wineries. Her communication was timely and practical. Not only did she give us flawless directions to her tucked away B&B, but she got us reservations at a fantastic restaurant even before we arrived. The B&B was just what my wife and I needed. A comfortable oversized bed, a nice breakfast composed of fruit and homemade breads. The mile drive off the paved road was certainly worth the car wash on our return to the city. I wish all of our vacations felt as much like a vacation as this one did. Thank you Ann!!!

9 Jun 2017
I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit to our little slice of paradise, and that you were able to truly relax while you were here. I'm always happy to share my knowledge of the local area, and I look forward to your next visit. You and your wife were a joy to host!
Payson W
“PARADISE!”
Reviewed 28 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This place is a little slice of heaven in Baja's wine country! A must stay! The owner, Ann, is a wonderful host and person, and is available for recommendations, assistance getting around the Valle, and great conversation. My sister and I had a wonderfully relaxing and peaceful stay here, and we even got to try some of Vino Philiac's wines and they were delicious! This is the perfect place to stay as it's close to all of the wineries and eateries and is also very private and serene. We know that we will be going back asap! Thank you Ann!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and tranquility
Liked least: nothing it was great
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
29 Oct 2016
Payson, it was great getting to know you and your sister. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and that I was able to help you explore our beautiful valley. Please come again soon - to your home away from home in the wine country!
Erin R
“Relaxing long weekend”
Reviewed 5 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed in the suite attached to the main house while in the Valle; It was 1 bedroom with a VERY comfortable bed, big closet, plenty of space for the 2 of us. It's a little tricky to find so follow Ann's directions exactly (once you've found it it's easy to find again, even in the dark after wine tasting :) Ann was a wonderful hostess, the breakfast baskets were delicious and she recommended a fabulous restaurant, Malva, and called to make our reservation for the 2nd night of our stay, that dinner was one of the highlights of our trip! The property is very quiet, gated, and perfect to hide away for the weekend. Thank you Ann!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
6 Oct 2016
Erin, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come again soon. You now have your home away from home in the Guadalupe Valley.
Todd S
Los Angeles, California
“Enchanting spot to get away from it all and still be in the middle of wine country”
Reviewed 23 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Through a series of happy accidents our group of two couples on a mutual birthday (Both wives share a birthday) excursion to Baja found our way to this quaint and charming B&B in the middle of the Valle de Guadalupe off the ruta de vino.
You must follow her link to the property. It is not easy to find otherwise!
Ann the proprietor and a talented winemaker in her own right welcomed us with the perfect balance of inclusion and space. She charmed us with the story of how her B&B came to be and her winemaking philosophy over a wine and cheese tasting. She then figured out what we were looking to do on our short weekend getaway and put together the perfect itinerary of wine tasting and meal reservations that allowed us to unwind and still enjoy some of the most delicious cuisine we've had anywhere on the planet! The culinary scene here and in Ensenada is exploding!
Her wines are interesting and I especially recommend the very unique Carignan red and the Vino de Postre aperitief. Mexico wines still have a ways to go overall but were very enjoyable and paired well with the food we had throughout our visit. France, Napa and Italy need not worry but, everyone else should take note.
We stayed in the two bedroom "cottage". The accommodations are truly charming and comfortable on the inside. To be clear, the exterior is that of completely reworked prefab home. It is very nicely rebuilt and other than the shape of the structure, you would never know it's humble origins. That said, they are very nicely appointed with some of the most comfortable beds I have ever had the privilege to get a night's sleep on. We spent most of our time out on the large deck that runs the length of the cottage. Eating, drinking and lounging were priorities of ours and the deck was simply perfect for all those things. It overlooks her ample 20+ acre property and offers a gloriously beautiful westerly view of the valley. There was a steady cool breeze that made it comfortable even though the sun was blazing.
If there is any complaint about the cottage, it would simply be that the bathroom is very small. It was nice, clean, plenty of towels and perfectly functional... but very small. I loved the living room area which has a kitchenette and two very comfortable leather wingback chairs. They are perfect for a quiet read or just relaxed contemplation. The rooms are ample and have a queen bed in one and two twin beds in the other. There is plenty of light and beyond the cottage there are many outdoor areas to relax and congregate around.
There is another more private single room off the main building that serves as another place to stay. It is perfect for a single or a couple and offers similar views from a patio instead of a deck.
One of our favorite things about our stay were her three dogs. One of which, Teddy- the puppy, adopted us and accompanied us on hikes around the property and exploring the amazing rock formations around the grounds (the dogs are never allowed in the B&B rooms).
Ann's recommendations for lunch, dinner and wine-tastings were spot on. We enjoied an amazing meal at Malva, a magical secluded restaurant connected to a winery that seems to float above the treetops overlooking the valley to the northeast. The food was spectacular, in particular the grilled oysters and duck chimichangas but, it was one of those dinners where each dish perfectly complemented the last, right down to the homemade ice cream selection at the end.
Right down the way from Vinophiliac is Vena Cava and Troika an amazingly unique and inspiring winery with a food truck and outdoor dining that serve epic bites.Taking equal inspiration from Napa and Mad Max! the wine caves entrances are fashioned from old boat hulls and the outdoor dining area is right out of a luxuriously dystopian inspired outdoor gastropub! Taking a break from wine on this stop I particularly enjoied their craft beer selection from the local Wendlandt micro-brewery and homemade hamica drink. Each equally refreshing on a hot afternoon of wine tasting. The bites are simply amazing. This place is such a whimsically fun spot that I can't wait to return.
Our last day Ann prepared a lovely continental breakfast for us and we were able to leisurely take our time packing up and heading out. She reviewed the outgoing itinerary she had previously prepared and suggested we cross the border at Tacate instead of TJ which, while not non-stop by any stretch of the imagination, took about an hour as opposed to well over 2 hours in TJ.
Our favorite winery we visited was Las Nubes which has a quite elegant tasting room and grounds that sit far up the hill overlooking the valley and is simply gorgeous. Their wines were quite tasty and refined for Mexico. We then went to lunch at the Adobe Guadalupe Food Truck on the Adobe Guadalupe Vineyard's grounds. Again, small plates and again, AMAZING! Not only was every dish we had beyond delicious, including the ceviche, which paired perfectly with their lovely rosé but, the the potato and beef tongue was melt in your mouth yummy. Don't be put off by the beef tongue, it's like the most delectable short ribs you've ever had!
From there we stopped off at the Media Noche Market, shopped and peeked inside several places to eat the next time we come. Which I suspect, based off our incredible experience, will be very soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We felt right at home immediately. Relaxation quickly ensued.
Liked least: Would benefit from a plunge pool or hot tub quit a bit.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
24 Jul 2016
Todd, you and your party were the highlight of the month! I enjoyed meeting all of you so much and It was a joy to share a bit of our beautiful valley with such appreciative guests! Thank you so much for your kind words, and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay so much. I'm looking forward to your next visit, and if you give me a little notice I can arrange for that private dinner on the porch, catered by one of our talented local chefs. Consider Vinophiliac BnB your home in Guadalupe Valley - mi casa es tu casa.
sandiegop...
sandiegoparisfamily
“Quiet getaway in Valle de Guadalupe”
Reviewed 25 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We have now been to Ann's cottage twice - we liked the experience so much the first time we came back again. Ann is a wonderful and gracious host with a long list of recommendations of places to eat and taste wine. She will call and make reservations for you anywhere you want to go. Ann also includes a wine tasting at the cottage as well as home made treats and fruit from her garden for breakfast. The house itself is very comfortable for a family of 4, with 2 bedrooms, a small inside sitting area, a (very) small bathroom and a deck with a lovely view overlooking the valley. It is the perfect weekend getaway - we look forward to going again!

Travelling group: Teenagers
26 Mar 2016
Stephanie, thank you so much for your kind words! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay and I always delight in sharing my favorite restaurant and winery recommendations with my guests. Do come again soon - and bring your lovely family too!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing