All reviewsthe ownerhalf blockcolonial roomterrace suiteenchanting placelike coming homemain plazalocation was perfectdining roomfolk artbreakfast each morningthe hotel managerspent a weekfresh fruitsized bedcomfortable roomcharming town
Reviewed July 23, 2017

From the moment you enter the lovely garden,you know you are in a very special place. The folk art is so unique and one can tell that it is all hand-chosen to delight you The patios are inviting and intimate. The rooms are large and also filled with hand-chosen and loved handicrafts of Mexico. Everything gives you a relaxed and happy feeling. Victoria greeted us at breakfast each morning and offered wonderful ideas of how we might spend our day exploring. Her staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were quite filling and yummy. We slept like babies and woke up ready to see more of the Patzcuaro area each day. We will return someday.

Room Tip: The Colonial was just perfect!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Sharon, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I look forward to your return. We are here to create a world in which our guests can have the best experience for them, and we enjoy this role!
Everyone is different and has different needs. We all try to be available and helpful. I realize we cannot always please everyone... but we are always open for constructive feedback and we LOVE rave reviews like yours.
Sincerely, Victoria THANK YOU for this review.

Reviewed July 14, 2017

All three of us loved it! Our dog was as comfortable as my husband and I. The bed
was huge and comfortable. Spacious, bright room overlooking flowers and fountains. Great modern bathrooms with good pressure and hot water. Lots of sculpture, paintings and Mexican folk art. Breakfast was provided everyday ... fresh fruit, pan dulce and eggs made to order. And the coffee was good too. Great location, a short block from the square. Great staff. Scrupulously clean. We'll be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different so it depends.The Sirena (mermaid room) is where we stayed but the Rosa room(it's all red) was gorgeous.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. We live for feedback and really appreciate that you took the time to write a review. Come back soon... with that lovely doggie. Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed July 12, 2017

We had a great stay at Hotel Casa Encantada. The location is perfect, the staff professional and very service oriented. We had one of the apartments; it was spacious, warm and inviting. Highly recommend it!

Stayed: June 2017
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

I Love getting positive reviews. I am grateful for those who take the time to write something for my Hotel Casa Encantada. THANK YOU! And thanks to the wonderful staff who keep it running at top quality.
Come back soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2017

We loved our room. Especially the decore and size. We overlooked a beautiful plant filled patio. The included breakfast was good and the staff very friendly. The hotel is located a block from the Vasco de Quiroga square.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Hola Flaco,
Thanks for your review. We aim to please... and we are happy when we succeed. I could not do it without my excellent team. Glad you enjoyed your stay, come again..
Mi Casa es Tu Casa we say here in Mexico and at Hotel Casa Encantada we really mean it. Saludos, Victoria

Reviewed May 16, 2017

I just returned from Casa Encantada.. What a wonderful relaxing place to stay.
I had the Colonial room.. huge room and right on the 1st patio. Spent a lot of time sitting in the Garden.
One day we took a tour Jaime Balderas. He took us on an amazing trip. We visited with local artisans in their workshops and homes.Plus we got a great history lesson on the area. The Hotel can arrange Jamie for you... Great relaxing trip!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Lynn,
Thanks for your review! I love the Colonial too. When Casa Encantada was my home, that was my bedroom! Great energy there and nice on the first patio garden.
Isn't Jaime great? He is so informed and enthusiastic about Patzcuaro and Mexico. He knows everything! ;-)
Come again, Saludos, Victoria