All reviewsthe ownerhalf blockcolonial roomterrace suiteenchanting placelike coming homemain plazalocation was perfectdining roomfolk artbreakfast each morningthe hotel managerspent a weekfresh fruitsized bedcomfortable roomcharming town
Reviewed September 16, 2017

My wife and I spent a week at Casa Encantada recently, and we had a great experience there. Victoria is very welcoming, warm and informative, along with her staff. The concierge service at the hotel is excellent and appreciated. We loved the ambiance of the suite we stayed in and the hotel courtyard. The location, one minute walk to the main plaza, is perfect. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

You two were fun guest! I always love it when folks take the time to get to know (and often love) my adopted home. Come again. Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Stayed for about 6 weeks. The best experience. Friendly, clean, artsy, quiet. Best location anyone could wish for. Love the breakfast. Luis and Victoria are always there to help with just about anything. Our first choice when returning to Patzcuaro.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much! I love that more people are spending more time here in Patzcuaro getting to know my favorite part of Mexico. Thanks! Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I have a culinary tour business and Hotel Casa Encantada is a place I can take my clients and know they will be treated like royalty. I have used this hotel now for 3 years for my tours and have found Victoria Ryan, the owner, and her staff to be professional, welcoming, and attentive to all our needs. The historic colonial building has the feel of Patzcuaro, more so because Victoria has decorated it with the crafts made by talented Michoacan artisans. Victoria's manager, Luis Murillo, is always ready to help with any needs for guides, chauffeurs, reservations, or medical needs. And at the price of the rooms, it's amazing to have concierge service in this small bed and breakfast. There's no better deal than this in Patzcuaro.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Gilda, I return the complement. Culinary Expeditions is a great group. We always enjoy having you. You make it easy to help you because you are always so gracious and your tour members are fun guests to have. THANKS We are obviously a mutual admiration society.. I know Luis also enjoys when you all are here. Saludos

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Four friends travelled to Patzcauro and stayed in the delightful hotel
Two of us shared the "Terrace" room
Enormous, two king sized beds divided by a jack and Jill bathroom
The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable
Room very quiet with kitchenette which we didn't use
Breakfast included, not too flash!
Staff very helpful and friendly
Will highly recommend this boutique hotel

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2017

Enter the gate and you look down a garden full of Mexican wonder - plants, artefacts, seating areas nestled together and the sound of water fountains. Beautiful. We travelled with friends and wanted to give them that special Mexican experience, the feel, the colours and textures of Mexico - Casa Encantada did just that. We stayed in 'Terreza', which was perfect for us 2 couple and a child, with bathroom in the middle with two sets of doors. Breakfast was delicious, fresh and home cooked in a beautiful kitchen. The only that bothered were the group who took it upon themselves to play the guitar and sing badly. If you're reading this: always remember you sound great to yourselves but to a less sympathetic audience you are just annoying and out of tune. It's worth noting that they don't accept cards so have cash to pay for your room, if you've not already paid.

Room Tip: There are a range of rooms to suit all needs - check their website
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

OMG thanks for the review! Lovely, and I hope you come back. We pride ourselves on being a TRANQUIL getaway... and almost all the time we are.
We are working on getting a credit card thingy, but have not found what we want yet. Paypal is pretty convenient but I realize it doesn't suit everyone.
THANKS again and come back.
Sincerely Victoria