“A beautiful retreat in a fantastic town”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Patzcuaro
Hotel Casa Encantada
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Patzcuaro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 October 2017

We had a lovely stay in the Sirena suite recently and only wished that our stay had been longer than the one night. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, definitely up there with one of the best places we've stayed, the room was superbly decorated and the town itself is an absolute joy - you could spend a good few days exploring. All this is just supplemented by friendly and welcoming staff and a great breakfast.

The hotel is offering a discount for the next couple of months - there's some work going on outside - and although the whole street has been dug-up it really wasn't much of a disturbance and should not put anyone off staying there. Infact the discount is just a real bonus making it more affordable if you're on a budget (which we were).

Room Tip: Some suites are huge but if you're travelling in a couple I would recommend the Sirena room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hi Anya,
Yes please come and stay longer! I half tease that I could keep my guests busy for at least 2 weeks. The region is rich in history, architecture, artesania (Folk Art) and archeology... just to name a few things. Guitar town, Monarch Butterflies, Volcano covered town ... I could go on. Me too, I love the Mermaid room. Come again. Looing forward and thanks for taking the time to review. Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My wife and I spent a week at Casa Encantada recently, and we had a great experience there. Victoria is very welcoming, warm and informative, along with her staff. The concierge service at the hotel is excellent and appreciated. We loved the ambiance of the suite we stayed in and the hotel courtyard. The location, one minute walk to the main plaza, is perfect. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

You two were fun guest! I always love it when folks take the time to get to know (and often love) my adopted home. Come again. Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Stayed for about 6 weeks. The best experience. Friendly, clean, artsy, quiet. Best location anyone could wish for. Love the breakfast. Luis and Victoria are always there to help with just about anything. Our first choice when returning to Patzcuaro.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much! I love that more people are spending more time here in Patzcuaro getting to know my favorite part of Mexico. Thanks! Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I have a culinary tour business and Hotel Casa Encantada is a place I can take my clients and know they will be treated like royalty. I have used this hotel now for 3 years for my tours and have found Victoria Ryan, the owner, and her staff to be professional, welcoming, and attentive to all our needs. The historic colonial building has the feel of Patzcuaro, more so because Victoria has decorated it with the crafts made by talented Michoacan artisans. Victoria's manager, Luis Murillo, is always ready to help with any needs for guides, chauffeurs, reservations, or medical needs. And at the price of the rooms, it's amazing to have concierge service in this small bed and breakfast. There's no better deal than this in Patzcuaro.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Gilda, I return the complement. Culinary Expeditions is a great group. We always enjoy having you. You make it easy to help you because you are always so gracious and your tour members are fun guests to have. THANKS We are obviously a mutual admiration society.. I know Luis also enjoys when you all are here. Saludos

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Four friends travelled to Patzcauro and stayed in the delightful hotel
Two of us shared the "Terrace" room
Enormous, two king sized beds divided by a jack and Jill bathroom
The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable
Room very quiet with kitchenette which we didn't use
Breakfast included, not too flash!
Staff very helpful and friendly
Will highly recommend this boutique hotel

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Enter the gate and you look down a garden full of Mexican wonder - plants, artefacts, seating areas nestled together and the sound of water fountains. Beautiful. We travelled with friends and wanted to give them that special Mexican experience, the feel, the colours and textures of Mexico - Casa Encantada did just that. We stayed in 'Terreza', which was perfect for us 2 couple and a child, with bathroom in the middle with two sets of doors. Breakfast was delicious, fresh and home cooked in a beautiful kitchen. The only that bothered were the group who took it upon themselves to play the guitar and sing badly. If you're reading this: always remember you sound great to yourselves but to a less sympathetic audience you are just annoying and out of tune. It's worth noting that they don't accept cards so have cash to pay for your room, if you've not already paid.

Room Tip: There are a range of rooms to suit all needs - check their website
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

OMG thanks for the review! Lovely, and I hope you come back. We pride ourselves on being a TRANQUIL getaway... and almost all the time we are.
We are working on getting a credit card thingy, but have not found what we want yet. Paypal is pretty convenient but I realize it doesn't suit everyone.
THANKS again and come back.
Sincerely Victoria

Reviewed 23 July 2017

From the moment you enter the lovely garden,you know you are in a very special place. The folk art is so unique and one can tell that it is all hand-chosen to delight you The patios are inviting and intimate. The rooms are large and also filled with hand-chosen and loved handicrafts of Mexico. Everything gives you a relaxed and happy feeling. Victoria greeted us at breakfast each morning and offered wonderful ideas of how we might spend our day exploring. Her staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfasts were quite filling and yummy. We slept like babies and woke up ready to see more of the Patzcuaro area each day. We will return someday.

Room Tip: The Colonial was just perfect!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Sharon, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I look forward to your return. We are here to create a world in which our guests can have the best experience for them, and we enjoy this role!
Everyone is different and has different needs. We all try to be available and helpful. I realize we cannot always please everyone... but we are always open for constructive feedback and we LOVE rave reviews like yours.
Sincerely, Victoria THANK YOU for this review.