All reviews the owner half block colonial room terrace suite enchanting place like coming home main plaza location was perfect dining room folk art breakfast each morning the hotel manager spent a week colonial town sized bed semana santa we've stayed
Reviewed October 31, 2017

This was our second stay in the last couple of years - each time we stayed 10 nights and absolutely loved it! The location can't be beat, being only about half a block from the Plaza Grande.

The hotel is beautifully decorated with an assortment of artwork from local and neighboring artists, along with a lush garden, creating a lovely place to just soak in the ambiance!

Breakfast was included, which consisted of a buffet or menu items. A delicious juice was bestowed upon us as we sat down daily. Service was excellent, always friendly and accommodating.

All rooms are meticulously maintained and uber clean. It is also very quiet. The Gran Sala is a treat if you need a more space and a kitchen. It was wonderful being able to spread out our purchases and convenient to have a stove, fridge & large counter top! Colonial is our favorite - spacious and high ceilings. Poet & Mermaid are charming.

Bathrooms are well-supplied with water bubblers, soap, shampoo, conditioner & body lotion.

Victoria is a wealth of information - always frank, smiling and full of energy! Service is fantastic - Cheli, Concha, Lupe, Luisa, Javier, Luis, and the entire HCE team are soo welcoming and hospitable - LOVE THEM (and you will too!)!!!! It is assuring to have a night watchman on duty.

Through HCE, we learned of Jaime from Animecha Tours, who is a passionate, knowledgeable gem about the area.

The HCE taxi drivers are super friendly and good drivers!

It's all in the details and Victoria and her team do not miss a beat - from supplying candy for her guests to pass out to the kids during Noche de Muertos to the festive decorations to tissue packets to remembering guest 'likes', such as iced tea or a lime at breakfast!

Make sure to stay here - it is a very special experience that enhances your time
while exploring Patzcuaro & the neighboring towns!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jcatcab
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Hi Joanne,
You guys are getting to be like family. I agree the Grand Sala is special.. as is the Saint Francis, for those longer stays. We LOVE having you two. THANKS for the great review.
Abrazos, Victoria

Reviewed October 9, 2017

We had a lovely stay in the Sirena suite recently and only wished that our stay had been longer than the one night. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, definitely up there with one of the best places we've stayed, the room was superbly decorated and the town itself is an absolute joy - you could spend a good few days exploring. All this is just supplemented by friendly and welcoming staff and a great breakfast.

The hotel is offering a discount for the next couple of months - there's some work going on outside - and although the whole street has been dug-up it really wasn't much of a disturbance and should not put anyone off staying there. Infact the discount is just a real bonus making it more affordable if you're on a budget (which we were).

Room Tip: Some suites are huge but if you're travelling in a couple I would recommend the Sirena room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Anya,
Yes please come and stay longer! I half tease that I could keep my guests busy for at least 2 weeks. The region is rich in history, architecture, artesania (Folk Art) and archeology... just to name a few things. Guitar town, Monarch Butterflies, Volcano covered town ... I could go on. Me too, I love the Mermaid room. Come again. Looing forward and thanks for taking the time to review. Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed September 16, 2017

My wife and I spent a week at Casa Encantada recently, and we had a great experience there. Victoria is very welcoming, warm and informative, along with her staff. The concierge service at the hotel is excellent and appreciated. We loved the ambiance of the suite we stayed in and the hotel courtyard. The location, one minute walk to the main plaza, is perfect. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

You two were fun guest! I always love it when folks take the time to get to know (and often love) my adopted home. Come again. Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed September 16, 2017

Stayed for about 6 weeks. The best experience. Friendly, clean, artsy, quiet. Best location anyone could wish for. Love the breakfast. Luis and Victoria are always there to help with just about anything. Our first choice when returning to Patzcuaro.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much! I love that more people are spending more time here in Patzcuaro getting to know my favorite part of Mexico. Thanks! Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I have a culinary tour business and Hotel Casa Encantada is a place I can take my clients and know they will be treated like royalty. I have used this hotel now for 3 years for my tours and have found Victoria Ryan, the owner, and her staff to be professional, welcoming, and attentive to all our needs. The historic colonial building has the feel of Patzcuaro, more so because Victoria has decorated it with the crafts made by talented Michoacan artisans. Victoria's manager, Luis Murillo, is always ready to help with any needs for guides, chauffeurs, reservations, or medical needs. And at the price of the rooms, it's amazing to have concierge service in this small bed and breakfast. There's no better deal than this in Patzcuaro.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Gilda, I return the complement. Culinary Expeditions is a great group. We always enjoy having you. You make it easy to help you because you are always so gracious and your tour members are fun guests to have. THANKS We are obviously a mutual admiration society.. I know Luis also enjoys when you all are here. Saludos