All reviews the owner half block colonial room terrace suite enchanting place like coming home main plaza location was perfect dining room folk art breakfast each morning the hotel manager spent a week fresh fruit sized bed comfortable room charming town
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Good: Big room, comfy bed, great massage ($), location, nice staff.
Bad: Sub-par breakfast, no parking.
Ugly: No internet! Never in room, tiny amounts in courtyard. We need internet for work, so we tried to check out two days early; they refused to allow a refund! We stayed & got internet at local restaurant s. We will not be staying here ever again. At $79 US per night, it's not a good value compared to all of the other places we stayed this trip. You have been warned...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randy S
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Good Morning Randy,
As I do with l all my reviewers, I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy life to comment on my hotel. I also want to thank you for the opportunity to address something that is important to remember when booking in any small boutique hotel or B&B. Small hotels and B&B's do not have the kind of flexibility that a large hotel has in terms of reservations. When I book a room I am eliminating the possibility of someone else having that room. I am turning away business based on my reservations. My cancellation policy is clearly stated in all correspondence as are many other important items of interest to a potential guest.
The internet is rarely as difficult as you describe, but it can happen on occasion and I empathize with your situation. The good news is during a difficult time you were able to find places to do your work. Normally the internet works fine at Casa Encantada and when we have probelms we have a tech who comes and does whatever is necessary to correct the problem as soon as reasonably possible. Sorry that is was so difficult during your stay.
Breakfast is a Classic Traditional Mexican breakfast. It is varied and delicious, well prepared and presented starting with Coffee or Tea, Mexican pastries, Fruit in Season, Agua Fresca (fresh fruit bevarage made daily with seasonal fruits), Eggs, Beans and Salsas all made from scratch. Tortillas or Toast are offered. When we have more than 10 guests there is a full buffet which is our regular breakfast plus a few other offerings. These might include Potatoes, Tamales, Uchepos, Corundas, breakfast Enchiladas, Chilaquiiles etc etc. I do not include meat in any of our menus.
Randy, I wish you many pleasant travels and great experiences in the future. Again, thanks for giving me a forum to explain a few things to future travelers about Hotel Casa Encantada. Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed December 8, 2017

And I must say the hotel is still enchanting, the staff is attentive and helpful, and the owner Victoria's aesthetics continue to influence and create a serene and visually beautiful environment. My husband and I stayed in the Terrace Suite on the 2nd floor. It has two full bedrooms each with a king size bed (with comfy warm down comforters) connected by a full bath. It also has a small fridge and microwave for those much appreciated foot warmers. We enjoyed the quiet and the gentle sound of the fountain on the 2nd patio. Luis arranged a tour with Alejandro to see the Monarch Butterfly migration. Alejandro is an amazing guide. We learned so much from him about a variety of subjects and appreciated his thoughtfulness. The breakfasts are still delicious. Javier, a new staff member at the hotel, seemed eager to please. As noted before the hotel is centrally located and near the main plaza. We love the climate which is perpetual autumn it seems. Overall, we feel well cared for and appreciate the attention to detail. We will be back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2018

Hi Mattie,
Thanks for taking the time to review Hotel Casa Encantada. I think you described beautifully all that we try to accomplish here. We always enjoy your visit. I look forward to the next time. Sincerely & Abrazos, Victoria

Reviewed November 20, 2017

This is possibly the most relaxing hotel I've stayed in, in Mexico. Three nights were not near enough. Patzcuaro is a gem and Casa Encantada makes it all the better. Victoria, the and Luis are truly quality humans, who aim to make your stay a comfort and your time a joy. The rooms are decorated with the best of taste. They are clean and large. Some have a great fireplace that only helps to warm the heart. This B&B is good in the breakfast department as well. Many choices, all which please the pallet. Dos por uno, each evening are enjoyed in the spectacular courtyard, with wonderful sounds of the fountain facilitating the atmosphere. I could go on, but you get the point. Try the Casa Encantada, you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Any room with the fireplace would be my recommendation.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Curly,
Thank you SOOOO MUCH for a beautiful review. You have really captured what we & I always hope to generate.. a feeling that we care (we do) the feeling of good taste that is not snobby or overdone.. and great breakfast as well as a fun Happy Hour. Come back. I always say I can keep people busy for 2 weeks. Patzcuaro & the surrounding area are the undiscovered Oaxaca. warm Abrazos

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Each time we return to Casa Encantada it is like coming home after being away for a time - except better in that there is always something new and wonderful to enjoy. As always the garden is lovely, with some new and different plants, our room, new to us, the Poet is truly a dream and the new additions to the breakfast menu tasty and welcome. After working in the service industry for years and stressing the consistency is important the wonderful staff at Encantada works hard to be sure everything is as we expect. Thank you all.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

And believe me Suzanne, Bob & Loki... it IS your home. I LOVE giving that energy to the hotel and the complement is an even bigger honor coming from a retired Pro in the business. Abrazos, Victoria

Reviewed October 31, 2017

This was our second stay in the last couple of years - each time we stayed 10 nights and absolutely loved it! The location can't be beat, being only about half a block from the Plaza Grande.

The hotel is beautifully decorated with an assortment of artwork from local and neighboring artists, along with a lush garden, creating a lovely place to just soak in the ambiance!

Breakfast was included, which consisted of a buffet or menu items. A delicious juice was bestowed upon us as we sat down daily. Service was excellent, always friendly and accommodating.

All rooms are meticulously maintained and uber clean. It is also very quiet. The Gran Sala is a treat if you need a more space and a kitchen. It was wonderful being able to spread out our purchases and convenient to have a stove, fridge & large counter top! Colonial is our favorite - spacious and high ceilings. Poet & Mermaid are charming.

Bathrooms are well-supplied with water bubblers, soap, shampoo, conditioner & body lotion.

Victoria is a wealth of information - always frank, smiling and full of energy! Service is fantastic - Cheli, Concha, Lupe, Luisa, Javier, Luis, and the entire HCE team are soo welcoming and hospitable - LOVE THEM (and you will too!)!!!! It is assuring to have a night watchman on duty.

Through HCE, we learned of Jaime from Animecha Tours, who is a passionate, knowledgeable gem about the area.

The HCE taxi drivers are super friendly and good drivers!

It's all in the details and Victoria and her team do not miss a beat - from supplying candy for her guests to pass out to the kids during Noche de Muertos to the festive decorations to tissue packets to remembering guest 'likes', such as iced tea or a lime at breakfast!

Make sure to stay here - it is a very special experience that enhances your time
while exploring Patzcuaro & the neighboring towns!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jcatcab

Hi Joanne,
You guys are getting to be like family. I agree the Grand Sala is special.. as is the Saint Francis, for those longer stays. We LOVE having you two. THANKS for the great review.
Abrazos, Victoria