All reviews the owner half block colonial room terrace suite enchanting place like coming home main plaza location was perfect dining room folk art breakfast each morning the hotel manager spent a week fresh fruit sized bed comfortable room charming town
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I first stayed at the Hotel Casa Encantada several years ago and have been a lucky loyal customer ever since. I travel to Patzcuaro at least twice a year and would not stay anywhere else. The owner, Victoria Ryan, has designed and created a magical place full of beauty and art. Luis and the entire staff are accommodating, cheerful and helpful. On top of all of that, they are very dog friendly!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Barbara, Thank you. You represent our best guests. You appreciate what we do. And we love what we do! You return time and again..and you tell your friends about us.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

A friend and i recently planned a trip to this area in order to visit Patzcuarro and Morelia, as well as to witness the monarch butterfly migration. We started our trip in Patzcuarro, and luckily for us, a friend recommended Casa Encantada. From the beginning, Luis and Javier organized everything for us, from Edgar to pick us up at the airport in Mexico City to Jaime to give us a detailed and fascinating tour of the towns around Patzcuarro.

Casa Encantada is lovely and inviting, with beautiful courtyards and fabulous artwork. The rooms are charming and spacious. We were in the Garden Room, quite large, fabulous fireplace, and great surroundings. The food was delicious and plentiful, and everything was fresh.

We wandered the town a lot, from the large plaza to the small one, to great shopping sites, etc. We felt extremely safe at all times. There are always people wandering around, families and visitors and locals alike. People were friendly and helpful with directions, the people in the restaurants and the stores wanted us to have a good experience, and I would highly recommend the town of Patzcuarro and Casa Encantada in particular to anyone who wants to enjoy a true colonial town with traditional architecture, friendly people, great food, and overall beautiful surroundings. It is obvious that the people who run Casa Encantada love their place there, and take care of it like it is home.....and they take great care of their visitors as well. Also, the location is fabulous, close to everything, but just enough steps off the main square that it is peaceful and quiet. Book in advance, this place is popular for all the right reasons.

Room Tip: There is a lot of information on their website about the rooms and suites, so check it out for your own personal preferences.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

All I can say is thank you so much. I/we strive to give each guest a personal experience. My goal is casual, affordable elegance. Your words will help future guests a lot. We are helpful. The place is beautiful ad elegant (even if I do say so myself) and the town and surrounding areas are very safe. Thank you so much. See you here again. Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed March 8, 2018

Patzcuaro is a magical place to visit and this delightful hotel only makes it better. I was there recently with a group interested in Mexican folk art. Victoria, the hotel owner, has filled the hotel with wonderful examples from area artisans and her own beautiful creations. It is most important to note that Patzcuaro was not only a beautiful place to visit in Mexico but it is also a safe place. The people there were kind and welcoming to us and never did I worry about my personal safety.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quite lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Shirley, thanks for taking time to write this lovely review. It is very important for people who are headed my way or are even thinking of traveling to Patzcuaro, Michoacan to know. Life here is just like it has been ever since I got here. Patzcuaro is a peaceful and charming small city (or big town). There is much to explore and do depending on your interests. Artesania, archheology, history.. So much to do that I say I could keep peple busy for a couple of weeks. Of course some folks just come and hang out in the patio which is pretty wonderful too. THANKS for mentioning your feelings of safety. Sincerely, Victoria

Reviewed March 8, 2018

I stayed with a friend at Hotel Casa Encantada beginning the night after the Day of the Dead Festivities in 2017 (Trip Advisor would allow me to go back that far in dates, and so I've listed this visit as being in April 2017 - but actually it was in November 2017).

Our room was absolutely fabulous. Two king sized double beds, in separate rooms, a magnificent view of the inner courtyard. Cool breezes at night (which I loved) and a fireplace if you were cold in the evening). The Hotel is more like a B&B in that we seemed to meet everyone else who was staying there. We all would congregate in the morning for a delicious breakfast and in the evening for drinks before we all headed out to dinner. It's not usually my practice to meet other people staying in a hotel, but there is something magical about Casa Encantada that makes you open to experiences you might not have somewhere else. We used the hotel to book a tour guide who took us to visit many of the villages surrounding Patzcuaro. He was very knowledgeable, gracious and easy to spend the day with. The tour was also very reasonably priced. Victoria - the owner is an absolute delight, and made time to spend with all of the guests staying there. Luis, the hotel manager was incredibly helpful. The morning breakfast was out of this world. The experience was so wonderful that my husband and I are returning next year to be there in time for the Day of Dead Festival. I have a feeling this will be a trip we make yearly, and in large part it is because of the wonders of this particular hotel. My friend and I could not say enough great things about it!

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Ooooooo THANK YOU ! What a great review and than you for taking the time to write it! See you later this year! Victoria

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

A wonderful find. The hotel is beautiful and Victoria’s sightseeing and dining suggestions were worth the price of admission alone! It will be our recommendation to any of our friends who are visiting Patzcuaro. Buffet style breakfast was excellent every morning. We never got back to the hotel in time for happy hour but I’m sure it was nice also. Staff was super accommodating, location was perfect and parking a Jeep on the street was no problem. We never felt there was a security issue with the street parking (which we had been concerned about) and although we managed to get ourselves lost upon arrival the hotel sent a welcome ambassador out to find us and direct us in. We will definitely return.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
PatzcuaroVictoria, Owner at Hotel Casa Encantada, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Thank you so much for taking time to review. I know we are all busy and it is an honor that you wrote such a lovely review. Come back soon! Abrazos, Victoria