All reviews the owner half block colonial room terrace suite enchanting place like coming home main plaza location was perfect dining room folk art breakfast each morning the hotel manager spent a week fresh fruit sized bed comfortable room charming town
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Since Day if the Dead celebrations in November of last year, I have stayed at the very least, some 30 evenings at La Casa Encanatada. While building our own home in Patzcuaro (yes, we LOVE this town) La Casa has provided me a wonderful ambiance, allowing me to feel as much "at home" as I possibly could. The computer is available to all guests as well as the Vonage phone system. The bilingual staff is helpful and energetic. I have taken my wife, best friends and finally, brought an art group of 35 to La Casa and other B&Bs in the neighborhood. They all raved. The breakfasts are delcious, the beds are the coziest with heated mattress pads, televisions with cable, and a 3 hour massage available for guests, make this my number one choice.

Unfortunately, our home in Patzcuaro is now nearly complete. I wonder if they mind if we just stop by and "hang out".
Barry - San Diego, CA

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 15, 2006

There are at least seven reasons to make sure you pay a visit to La Casa Encantada:
(1) The rooms are charming, the beds super comfortable, with shutters that block all light, you will sleep soundly there.
(2) It is a block from the Grande Plaza, but not too loud and safe enough to park your car on the street.
(3) The people that work there are delightful. The owner is divine - friendly, informative, laid back.
(4) The other guests are interesting. I stayed there alone and yet I had dinner with two different couples, both very cool, very different. It made my stay so much better.
(5) The owner rescues dogs and keeps them (two at a time) at the hotel until they are adopted. The dogs are loving and well behaved and you have to support rescuing dogs, expecially in Mexico.
(6) The breakfasts are delicious and included in the very reasonable room rates.
(7) Patzcuaro is cool - like San Miguel Allende before the hoardes descended.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank TravelDiva99
Reviewed May 13, 2006

We stayed three days at La Casa Encantada with a group of 12 friends, some pretty hard to please. All of us throughly enjoyed our weekend and would return in a heartbeat. The facilities are clean, beautiful and quaint. The location is great, on a quiet side street less than a block from the main plaza. Each room/suite is unique and uniquely decorated. Their website has accurate pictures and descriptions of each one enabling you to pick your quarters. The owners live in town and are very much involved in the operation. We had a substantial and delicious breakfast every day with fresh fruit, juices, coffee, Mexican sweet breads (pan de dulce) and an egg casserole. The kitchen staff readily accomodated my allergy to mango by preparing me a seperate fruit plate every day. The resident manager was professional, courteous, helpful and attentive. When we left he even gave us recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants at our next stop. During our stay we were in several other hotels and inns in Patzcuaro and I honestly believe La Casa Encantada has them all beat.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank EB3
Reviewed April 5, 2006

What a FIND! We had planned on two nights and stayed three weeks. Moved about to different rooms and every one is totally different, beautifully appointed and unique. The staff are amazing and absolutely full of great advice and ideas. The setting is magic and we spent hours sitting in the courtyard, listening to the fountains, birds, enjoying the luscious flowers and plants and art work absolutely everywhere. A totally relaxing and rejuvenating hacienda, beautifully restored and lovingly appointed which calms the senses, invigorates the imagination and lifts the spirit. We were made to feel so very welcome by the staff; it was like coming to a special home. The breakfasts are the best I have ever had at a B&B. Not typical at all, with fresh fruits and juices, filling main courses of great variety, lovely fresh breads and all set on a brightly colored table with flowers. Then there is the free Internet, piano, fireplace, books, CDs to borrow. I could not find a single thing missing from this place and we can not wait to go back again. The town is wonderful to stroll around in and we did so every day. There are some wonderful side trips as well and also a terrific recreation center with tennis, squash, basketball, gym, etc., etc. Worth the walk up the hill. An amazing place to visit. I can't say enough.

11  Thank canyongal
Reviewed March 11, 2006

La Casa Encantada is truly a dream. The owners clearly love their city and have made their place so inviting that it's difficult to leave. It's the kind of city and B&B that makes you start wondering how you can chuck your entire former life and just send a mass e-mail to all friends and employers telling them there's been a change of plans, that you won't be coming home. The icing on the cake for us is that they love dog! What more can I say?

Stayed: March 2006