All reviews the owner half block colonial room terrace suite enchanting place like coming home main plaza location was perfect dining room folk art breakfast each morning the hotel manager spent a week fresh fruit sized bed comfortable room charming town
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I fell in love with LCE during a recent stay there with my 3 friends. We are all moms, some professional and some stay at home, and were looking for a much needed break. LCE provided an incredible ambiance w/its incredible colonial architecture and folk art collection in every room. Everywhere you looked you saw beauty in the rich Tarascan culture. The breakfasts were unique, healthy and delicious; the housekeeping staff was always busy keeping everything spotless and the management made great recommendation for things to do and see. I highly recommend the massages by Ulysess - the best anywhere in the world! Fantastic location for walking to dinner, listening to live music, folk art shopping, dining, and historical sights. The management here was senstive to environmental issues making recommendation to guests which we liked. We stayed in the Treehouse which was very comfortable for 4 friends or a family. The beds were really comfy.

We can't wait to bring our husbands back! We are already planning a return visit during the Monarch migration season in February.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled with friends
3  Thank ljrenouf
Reviewed October 1, 2006

Casa Encantada, an Oasis
Our trip to Patzcauro did not start out well, our plane was late, and the airlines confiscated most of my toiletries and makeup. After waiting at the airport for another hour for our bags, we were just about ready to head back home. The good news is that once we reached Casa Encantada, our vacation surpassed our expectations. The owner supplied me with shampoo and conditioner so that I could "decompress" in a hot shower, and then we walked directly across the street to the restaurant, Mistongo, and enjoyed an incredible meal, along with live music. We were surprised to find that Patzcauro is a white town...everything is painted white, with red trim. With its cobble stone streets, and tile roofs, it feels more like walking around Italy. Casa Encantada's location makes getting around a snap, and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. Our room was beautiful, and the food...fantastic!

6  Thank David M
Reviewed September 30, 2006

My husband and I have stayed all over Mexico, but have seldom encountered the level of service that we enjoyed during our stay at Casa Encantada. The main part of the hotel is a three hundred year old mansion with soaring ceilings, and beautiful architectural elements. We only saw two of the rooms, but they all appear to be different, each is decorated beautifully. The communal breakfasts in the morning were a delicious way to start the day, and we met lots of interesting people.... it was a great opportunity to exchange Patzcauro tips with our fellow travelers. Located in the heart of the town, Casa Encantada made taxis unnecessary. The office staff were quite helpful in recommending restaurants, craft markets, and local points of interest. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zbestwineau
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Since Day if the Dead celebrations in November of last year, I have stayed at the very least, some 30 evenings at La Casa Encanatada. While building our own home in Patzcuaro (yes, we LOVE this town) La Casa has provided me a wonderful ambiance, allowing me to feel as much "at home" as I possibly could. The computer is available to all guests as well as the Vonage phone system. The bilingual staff is helpful and energetic. I have taken my wife, best friends and finally, brought an art group of 35 to La Casa and other B&Bs in the neighborhood. They all raved. The breakfasts are delcious, the beds are the coziest with heated mattress pads, televisions with cable, and a 3 hour massage available for guests, make this my number one choice.

Unfortunately, our home in Patzcuaro is now nearly complete. I wonder if they mind if we just stop by and "hang out".
Barry - San Diego, CA

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2006

There are at least seven reasons to make sure you pay a visit to La Casa Encantada:
(1) The rooms are charming, the beds super comfortable, with shutters that block all light, you will sleep soundly there.
(2) It is a block from the Grande Plaza, but not too loud and safe enough to park your car on the street.
(3) The people that work there are delightful. The owner is divine - friendly, informative, laid back.
(4) The other guests are interesting. I stayed there alone and yet I had dinner with two different couples, both very cool, very different. It made my stay so much better.
(5) The owner rescues dogs and keeps them (two at a time) at the hotel until they are adopted. The dogs are loving and well behaved and you have to support rescuing dogs, expecially in Mexico.
(6) The breakfasts are delicious and included in the very reasonable room rates.
(7) Patzcuaro is cool - like San Miguel Allende before the hoardes descended.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business