All reviews welcome drink gabriel router firewood mansion art history michoacan patio region block mexico owner lake
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Located one block from "la plaza grande". An old colonial home turned into hotel. The furniture has all the comfort of the modern era but replicates beautifully the colonial times. The bathroom was very modern. We stayed in the master suite and it was beautiful. My only suggestion is to increase closet space. The staff couldn't have been nicer. They even opened the restaurant earlier the day we left so we could have breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay in a room toward the back as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Corporativo MN H, Sales at Hotel Mansion de Los Suenos, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Thank you very much for your opinion. We are glad that your stay at the hotel was pleasant, your comments help us to improve our services.

Excellent homecoming

Reviewed December 3, 2015

I had a great weekend at Mansion De Los Suenos during Dia De Los Muertos 2015. The location is phenomenal, less that one block from the main plaza. The manager Joel Perez was very professional and helpful during my stay there. I highly recommend this hotel and the wonderful city of Patzcuaro.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Ralonzo1
Reviewed April 19, 2012

La Mansion de los Suenos is a restored 17th Century Mansion with beautiful courtyards, exquisitely appointed guests rooms, a friendly staff, a wonderful restaurant, and an owner that really cares about her customers located in the heart of Patzcuaro just around the corner from the major square. And the nightly rates are very reasonable.
I have phoned go make reservations and was helped by Leticia, who made a big impression on me when I spoke with her. We were met at the registration desk by her. We were welcomed with opened arms, and we fell at home right away. The members of the hotel’s staff are very friendly and helpful.
The restaurant offers a full menu (breakfast/lunch/dinner). We had breakfast at the hotel and the food was excellent. I suggest you try their Mexican dishes.
My guests and I had the opportunity to briefly chat with the owner, Priscilla she is a friendly, bubbly, and personable individual. One can’t help falling in love with her.
La Masion de los Suenos will be the top choice next time we visit Patzcuaro.

Room Tip: We selected the Junior suites in the back of the hotel they are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MMasumoto
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This intimate luxurious hotel gave us all we wanted and could ask for, and contrary to one scathing posting that I find very baffeling, the staff was very friendly, service great, and everything was super clean and cozey to the point we almost wanted to live in one of the historic houses. I am sure the colonial residents did not have it so nice. The only thing I feel guilty about was trying to drain the hot water tank. What a luxury that was. (Endless hot water is a rarity in Mexico) We look forward to staying in this hotel again when friends visit from up north and we want to take them to a nice friendly and luxurious hotel. We visited the hotel Februrary, 2012, and it was cold and rainy, so we did buy a little extra firewood. Well worth the small expense.

The restrant is good, actually some of the better meals we had in Patzcuaro. Recently several restrants have closed, so going on the old recomendations did not help us much. Of the 10 restrants we tried in Patzcuaro, Pricillas was our favorite. And it was right in the hotel. Parking if you have a car is across the street, and very secure. Good thing, because with the shopping the car was packed.

Definitely recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: the lower rooms at the back were quiet, and very spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mexaroaming
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I don’t even know where to begin. Nothing works at this hotel, neither the Jacuzzi nor the internet where working when we got there and nobody told us we just found out as the time went by. The room had a stale aroma like it hadn’t been open in ages despite the fact we had made our reservation in advance. The place is so unlike the pictures and (sorry to say) it’s quite tacky. I will have to agree with "GRINGO NACO"
Later on we found out that the hotel is in some serious trouble. We were being told that Pricilla, the owner, owed her employees almost one year of pay. And for our bad luck that day she had a rather violent argument with her staff and received us with an ugly grimace and left immediately; nobody was in charge. We literally ran away from this place (the fireplace smoked our room to an unbearable point, the cleaning lady lit it). The owner never apologized to us or showed her face. That was an important weekend for my fiancé and me and it was partially ruined by this dreadful wannabe luxury hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple