“Excellente!”

The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The Royal Suites Punta Mita (Palladium) is quite wonderful! Ambience in a lovely relaxing environment! The staff are personable and go out of their way to make a vacation special and memorable! All meals are a la carte overlooking the water... and they are not your usual 'time share' fare... very good!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sharingwithyou
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear sharingwithyou,
On behalf of the Royal Suites Punta de Mita, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give your comments following your stay with us.
I appreciate your positive notes about the hotel and other facilities.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort and make your stay nothing but a pleasurable experience.

Best Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Hi we stayed or 2 weeks in October 2011 and now are trying to book a wedding for June 2012, we have send two (2) wedding bookings through the weddings page of the website. No response. We have sent messages to the email addresses provided to us by the wedding planner. No response, We have sent messages through the facebook page and website link. No response. We speciifically went to check out the facility for our daughter's wedding, we met with the wedding planner, and now we cannot get anyone to confirm to us that the date we want is available so we can go ahead with invites, etc. The quote from the travel agent was good for 6 weeks and it expires in a week, not much time for 25 - 30 couples to get their bookings in for this wedding. Am very disappointed that no one will respond to us on this matter, is this an indication of how the whole wedding planning process is going to be. In a few days we will have to go looking for a new location if we do not hear back from anyone........ so disappointing!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank postofficer
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Dear postofficer,
I saw your question in our web page and we are trying to contact you in response. Please send em an email with your email in order I can check your dobts regards the wedding. I am so sorry if we do not respond before but we checked in our wedding coordinator your mail and we didn`t receive it. So, If you could send me an email I really appreciate that. My email is dtorgeneral.vallarta @ fiestahotelgroup.com

Reviewed 18 October 2011

First time I have been prompted to write a review while still at a hotel ! The two things that seem most bizarre for a 5 star hotel:
1) We are in the Royal Suites top floor, ( part of a group here for a wedding ) All the rooms on the south east side of the buildings face the "stage". Most nights, inside the room, it sounds like we are right in front of the speakers - VERY LOUD and goes on till at least 11 PM. Be warned - it may well not be your kind of music. Its now 10 PM and I have earplugs in. My requests to move to the quiet side were stonewalled.
2) This evening we had a notice slipped under our door saying they will spray our room with insecticide tomorrow at 9:00 AM. Spray the rooms of a 5 star hotel while they are occupied ? Very inappropriate. I hope my rant at the front desk will prevent all our stuff being dosed with spray. The room is very clean and we have seen NO bugs.
On the positive side:
The Royal Suite we are in is large and very nice. The facilities are fairly good and there is a nice beach. Most of the staff one deals with on a daily basis are good or very good, with the exception of the front desk. Swimming pools are nice. Food is pretty good ( although sparse for vegetarians )
On the negative side ( in addition to above ).
The location is very poor, ( unless you just want to stay at the hotel all the time ). its a long hot bus ride into Puerto Vallarta or US$45 in a taxi. We have friends in the Regular Suites, in a renovated room, with a view of the sea and its quiet - makes the Royal Suites seem even worse. We just received another "note" under our door saying we should provide the front desk with our Westjet Voucher to "avoid extra charges". Westjet issued no vouchers.
Suggest you might be more satisfied with another choice closer to P.V., we have another week and a half here - not a pleasing prospect
Came down with Wesjet - better than I had expected and they have pleasant staff in PV. First time in 180 flights that we have flown with them.
PS We did not select this hotel for this event and would not have done so due to too many unenthusiastic reviews on Trip Advisor

Room Tip: Avoid SE side Royal Suites due to noise. Top floor rooms have less noise transmission from adjacent...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank CoverBrooke
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear CoverBrooke,
I am really sorry that your stay in Palladium Vallarta doesn’t not reach your expectations. In regards to your comments, I would like to add that I am really surprise about them. I understand you and your group would have a free up grade to our Royal Suite area. Your room is a Junior suite that means it is bigger than a regular room in Palladium side. Both rooms are different and I understand that depends on the opinion of our guests and their preferences to determine which is better. I am sorry if your room is not quiet enough, trust me that our goal is to make our guests vacation an enjoyable experience and if our clients are not happy with the assigned room I recommended to ask to the front desk about to change that. If we have rooms available we do not have any problem to do that.
As you noticed, the hotel is surrounded by a lot of vegetation this combination with hot weather and rainy season, attracts a lot of insects. We do our best to fumigate in a regular basis in order to avoid bugs on the rooms. All our products are perfectly regulated and are not cause damage to our system. As we said in the note that we send to you, if our guests do not desire that our team fumigate their room only have to advise to front desk. I do not understand the problem in that matter. We fumigate to prevent inconvenience with bugs.
About the location of the hotel let me inform you that we inform in all brochures the situation and the distance with Puerto Vallarta. Nevertheless we are really close from Bucerias or Punta de Mita or even Sayulita, that there are typical and painteresque Mexican towns that the majority of our guest enjoying visiting.
Again, I really apologize for your disconformities. I would like to say that we are working every day to improve our services and make our guests vacation an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

This will be my Husband's and my 6th stay at Palladium Vallarta. We absolutely love this resort and last year we were upgraded to building 3 at no extra charge and it was wonderful! This January 2012 I am travelling here with my entire Family of 9 people and we are staying at the Royal Suites as this is where my Sister wanted to go. My question is this: are there different styles to the rooms? I know the Master suites are different but I have heard the bathrooms aren't enclosed in some suites and was hoping there are rooms available with the bathroom being contained to one room. Also are there ocean view rooms? Any advice would be great as I want this trip to be very successfull with my family especially since I recommended this resort to everyone :)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WendyB_C_Canada
JulioCA, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Wendy:

Thank you for contact me and for your preference to The Palladium Vallarta and in this case for try the Royal Suites that we are completely sure that your family will enjoy of the nice atmosphere that our staff and services we offer, regarding your questions about the rooms types differences, they are call Jr. Suites and there are some with the bathroom in door and some with the Jacuzzi in the room, but both styles are very spacious and nice decorated and those are assign except to availability,

Master suites are 4 in the Royal Suites, and it’s required to verify if these are available.

If you need any further information don’t hesitate to let us know,

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at the Royal suites in Nov of 2009. It was a great vacation, mind you I can honestly say I am glad we were not staying on the "other" side. We stuck to eating at our restaurant pool side. Tried the common buffet and weren't all that impressed, service and quality was better on the Royal side. Didn't try any a la carte cause my hubby didn't bring pants lol Had no issues with the room, it was clean. Mind you someone accross the hall was complaining of bugs, they told us to come see... when we went into their room they had plates with food leftover from roomservice on their night stand! People if you don't want bugs... don't leave food out! The beach wasn't the best as we enjoy to walk during the day, you need to watch for rocks! All the staff were friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jolenes129
JulioCA, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2011

Dear Jolenes 129:

We are glad to read your trip Report from the last stay in our Royal Suites Punta mita and find out that you are sharing your opinions with our visitors, for us every comment its very important to improving in better service, we hope to have the chance to welcome you again with us in a future second stay and at the same time if you require any aditional service donot hesitate to contact us , will be our pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

We were upgraded to the RoyalSuites for the second week of our vacation..food service and pool service was great..only complaint thin walls as I am a light sleeper this was an issue for me. I found the same thing at Dreams Villamagna in January. We r planning our return to Palladium for 2 weeks again (4th time) in January. One week building 1 one week suites. It has a spa atmosphere and I prefer it to Dreams as you can have adult only time or go next door to the beach for volleyball boogey boarding etc..met many friendly nationals enjoyed our trip immensely :)..food was amazing..new lunch/supper menu daily.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spinnygirl
JulioCA, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Dear Guest:

We appreciated so much your positive feed back about the staff and the services offered at The Royal Suites, with those comments our compromise is bigger to continue working hard with the rest of staff to improve in our service.
Regarding the room, will be my pleasure to look for a special assignation for you, where you’re resting will be the most pleasant next time you come. Please contact me to this email address: concierge.vallarta@fiestahotelgroup.com

Reviewed 23 May 2011

this was our second time here, we were able to get one of the master suites 3215 and it was incredible. Hector one of the servers in the Punta Mita restaurant even remembered my name! and it had been 13 months since we were there last year! Alfredo the ultimate professional and Manuel the best bartender ever! he personally mixed the ingredients for our Pina Coladas and made them to his taste or he would throw it out and do it again. I was able to get out fishing from the beach every day while my wife relaxed by the pool, The housekeeping was perfect and they would restock the fridge with extra waters and the mexican beer we liked every day.
We left there after 8 days for a week in Puerto Vallarta at one of the "better" all inclusives and it wasn't even in the same league as the Royal Suites the food was ok but room service was not included you had to buy from the menu, wifi internet wasn't included and cost $20 CDN a day and half the time didn't work, the air conditioning was terrible. The Royal Suites is head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion especially the staff we can't wait to come back next year

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flytyerguy
JulioCA, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Dear Guest:

We fill overconfident after read a such of wonderful trip report and we want to express our positive reception and the compromise to continue attending you in a close future, I will be glad to inform the staff you mention how good you thing they are in their job that I am sure they do it with the characteristics service culture of Puerto Vallarta.

Thank you and if you need any assistance from us please contact us will be our pleasure to take care of you. Email concierge.vallarta@fiestahotelgroup.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
0.2 km away
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
8.6 km away
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

Been to The Royal Suites Punta de Mita? Share your experiences!