“Not really Royal, Not really Sweet...”

The Royal Suites Punta de Mita
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 November 2008

The last two reviews posted contained pretty good info so I won't rehash... we'll start with the negative and work our way towards the positive.... 20 quick bullet points begin now..

1. if you want to do shopping, touristy stuff etc... don't stay here. You're an hour from town. Really expensive by taxi, and the bus system, while adequate, does NOT have air conditioning. And beware the timeshare morons at the airport. If you have a shuttle waiting, don't get deterred in the room between customs and the airport exit... This is always my least favorite part of the trip to PV....

2. The beach is REALLY rocky on the Royal Suites side. I'd recommend some Crocs or Nike Aquasocks for walking...

3. Regardless of what I was told by hotel staff before we arrived they ABSOLUTELY open up the resort on weekends to locals... the Palladium side was inundated on Saturday as the population of the resort quadrupled that day... this is a summer (off peak) situation as the resort is supposedly fully booked from mid Nov thru March... but we were told differently on the phone before we got there so that sort of stuck in our craw... yet another reason to stay in the Royal Suites.

Also, there are no elevators... the view from the top floor (there are three in each building) doesn't warrant the stairwell visits you'll quickly grow tired of. Request a bottom floor in the Royal Suites building by the pool and thank me later...

4. You can't get good pizza in Mexico. It's on every menu everywhere in this resort... for the love of all that's holy, STAY AWAY from the pizza. It's consistently awful.

5. Biggest disappointment of the resort? The food was uniformly average during the entire stay. We've stayed at several all-inclusives and this was the poorest quality of food overall of any we have stayed at. I'm not saying that there aren't good dishes here (breakfast is by far the best way to go at the Royal Suites restaurant) and you'll never go hungry (the Made To Order Pasta Station at the buffet is really excellent) but we were stunned to not have a single Mexican entree the entire time that was anything above average. Keep in mind that when booking reservations at the ala carte restaurants that only Portofino is air conditioned... it can mighty warm at Viva Mexico and Bambu...

If I was to sum up the food situation, stay away from beef and stick with pasta and chicken. The seafood was surprisingly subpar as well...

Also, they change the lunch menu daily at the Royal Suites Restaurant but the Breakfast and Dinner menus remain locked. (That should be reversed in our opinion...)

6. If you like TV, bring your own DVD player to hook into your room's television.. you get about 8 channels, and 5 of them are in Spanish... you won't be watching any TV while there...

7. The "Sports Bar" is basically a room with a few pool tables and TV's constantly showing soccer. You can get nachos and pizza made fresh there, but it's basically not a place you'd hang out often.

8. Daily activities are pretty lame. And that's being kind.

9. There is nightly entertainment, but it's in Spanish, and we bailed early in the week in giving it a chance.. there is a Disco that is open at 11 each night, but we found that to be kinda lame as well....

10. The front desk staff at the Royal Suites was pretty poor customer service wise.. I'm still not sure they understood anything I asked them during our week there... there is free internet in the lobby here and a nice lobby bar... the internet connection in the sports bar is Pay Per Use... so don't use that...

11. Okay, some positives... there is a Zoo on the premises that I was unaware of and actually turned out to be a daily visit for us.. there are monkeys, ostriches, rabbits, parrots etc in a natural setting that was fun to visit...

11. The grounds are absolutely beautiful.... really an impressive job when it came to the landscaping...

13. My wife enjoyed the spa treatments.. her grade overall was a B+..

14. There is a manmade salt water pool in the ocean that is pretty sweet that I haven't seen mentioned in any literature anywhere...

15. I can't imagine staying here and not staying on the Royal Suites side. The pool is great and it's nice having a private restaurant. We went in October (off peak) and we were often the only people in the restaurant.. we had breakfast each morning with a killer view of the ocean as we dined... there were never more than 15 people at the pool... we were told that during busy season that there are huge lines and I can't imagine going to the resort during that time... but off-peak it was very nice being one of the few folks on the Royal Suites side.

16. While you can walk North for awhile before the rocks get too much, the walk South along the beach once you leave the resort is not only beautiful, but completely free of beach vendors... a very enjoyable afternoon jaunt each day that we looked forward to a great deal....

17. Leaving out the front desk staff at the Royal Suites, the bar staff and Restaurant staff were uniformly fantastic... Alfredo the restaurant manager is simply a delight and often surprised us with things off the menu that we had ordered days before.. In fact, I'd have to say that all the resort staff were pretty damn professional and fun to be around.. and tips were always appreciated...

18. All the pools at the resort were well-maintained and clean and enjoyable to use.. there are always the idiots at the Adult Pool who love to sit in there and drink all day and surprisingly never get out to go the bathroom... which of course is just horrid... but that's an aspect of the All Inclusive Resort which never changes...

19. There are two "Lookout Points" at the resort that are great places for views of the daily sunsets...

20. Again, going off peak gives you a level of service there that I can't imagine will be matched during the winter. I would never go to this resort at full capacity... but if you enjoy hanging by the pool, reading and just enjoying the sun while watching the ocean... you could do worse than this place. But there is little else to do here than that...

It's a fine resort and all, but unlike everywhere else we've stayed in the past, we wouldn't consider coming back under any circumstances... there are just too many other places to visit that bring a bit more to the table than the Palladium....

(I have about 250 photos on Snapfish if anyone would like to see them.. just drop me a line...)

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank greg1701
Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed 11 November 2008

I find the two reviews before mine and the April 1 review are all pretty spot on.

I stayed one week at the Royal Suites with my wife. This is definitely a place for couples.

The room was decent - it was quiet, relatively clean (found a few dead bugs and a leak in the ceiling) and with a very firm king bed. For the most part, service was fine except in the lobby (bar and front desk). The food was tasty (amazing guacamole and salsa, of course) - no problems getting seated at any of the A la Cartes (I recommend the mixed teppanyaki at Bambu and don't miss Viva Mexico b/c the view from the terrace is superb). The Royal Suites pool is a highlight - ultra comfortable loungers - lots of sun and lots of shade. All you see and hear is the ocean nearby. We never had to show up early to get a spot. Also, just a few steps from the pool is a collection of cabanas overlooking the ocean. And, just a few feet down from there is the private beach - it's not as nice as the Palladium side to the east b/c it's smaller and has a ton of big rocks ashore and in the water (not very foot-friendly), but it's ultra quiet. In many instances, my wife and I were the only ones there. And if you like going for walks to explore and look for shells, this beach and anything west of it is your place.

Last thing to note: the Palladium/Royal Suites is extremely far from Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta - it's in a remote area called Costa Banderas, which is between a small town called Bucerias and a port called Punta de Mita (where the Four Seasons is located). If you want to be close to the city for shopping, night life or sight seeing, it's a 300 peso cab ride or a 15 peso ride on the wacky (but fun) local bus - with a bit of traffic, you're likely looking at over an hour.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. I certainly appreciated the relative seclusion and the ability to leave the busy crowds on the Palladium side (yes, there was a mad rush of vacationing locals from Mexico City and Guadalajara between Thursday and Sunday). But, my wife and I are the kind of travelers who like to walk into town to look around - even a short cab/bus ride is fine, but a one hour commute, well, it's one of the things I like to take a holiday from. For a resort to be as secluded as the Palladium/Royal Suites, it has to be exceptionally special to fully mitigate the inconvenience its remoteness causes guests from "getting around town". It's a nice resort, but it's not exceptional.

This all said, I know there are plenty of travelers who seek to truly get away and just focus on eating/drinking and lounging at the pool/beach in solitude. If you're one of them, the Royal Suites at the Palladium Vallarta Resort is worth considering.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank GlobalEyes
Reviewed 23 August 2008

I stayed at the Royal Suites side of Palladium five times (each time was a long weekend) in Jan, Feb, March, Apr, & May of 2008. I chose it because of the solitude and relatively dark skies (brought a telescope). Comments:

The Royal side (total 100 new rooms opened early 2007) has excellent service and rooms compared to the Palladium side (about 400 rooms that I think are about 10 years old). If you’ve booked a package deal at Palladium, upgrade to Royal when you arrive. I’ve always just booked direct with Royal, and (stupidly) paid higher prices by around 30% because there are no packages available from my location in Salt Lake City. I liked the location, so I paid it anyway.

Children are allowed in Royal only during low season (about mid - April to mid - Nov.) Children are allowed all year in the Palladium side. Also in low season, heat in the Royal Pool (a clean, uncrowded pool during weekdays) is turned off. In high season, the water is about 92F (33C). This is VERY comfy for night dips. In low season, it’s lower by about 10F (6C). In low season, prices drop, and the whole resort, including Royal side, is VERY crowded with locals from Fri afternoon thru Sun. aft. Then it’s almost deserted on weekdays, so I got great service weekdays. During low season, only one of the three themed restaurants is open every night. On low season weekends, you can see there’s a problem. However, as a Royal guest, the “Punta Mita” restaurant is ALWAYS open for three meal intervals daily (closes 10:30 PM). No reservation is needed there. The dinner menu is always the same (but lunch varies). Being vegetarian, I didn’t have much dinner diversity, so I mostly ate at the main buffet, which was OK.

Technical issues that the resort doesn’t make clear: Don’t drink the tap water (free bottled water is always available and the bartenders can always refill your bottles if you run out). At the end, return your room keys (each $10.US) and the wrist band ($20.US) that they put on when you check in. Otherwise, there’s a charge (as shown). There’s no ATM at the resort, but they can change foreign currency there at a not great but not real bad rate. The lights in the room will turn out if there’s no activity (there are thermal detectors) for 10 minutes. If you’re recharging a cell phone, this could be a problem. One outlet does not turn off; it’s the one closest to the frig (and the frig should be plugged in there). The bedroom thermal detector may click at night in response to movement. Just cover it with paper to stop it.

Overall, the ocean was too choppy for swimming, but there's a great, secluded walking beach that stretches a half mile to the west, so I liked the location. Service was mostly great and the food was OK.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
5  Thank BillLee
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Our vacation was absolutely perfect. The room was great, the food was great, the staff were great, and the facilities were amazing.

We arrived on June 20th to an almost empty resort, our room had a problem with the safe and we were eager to go out an explore. Within 20 minutes they had a maintenance person in our room to fix it. On our first night we ventured to the main half of the resort and ate at the buffet. The food was standard all inclusive buffet, and it was a little crowded, but otherwise good. One thing that we noticed right away was the feeling that we were a distinct minority.

It seems that we arrived during the height of Mexican vacation season, and there were many Mexican families staying in the main half of the hotel. When we joined the show that evening, we were surprised that it was mostly in spanish and we seemed to be the only foreigners in the crowd. The resort seemed overly crowded with teenagers looking for a party and the list of available drinks that were available from the overworked bartenders was short. After the entertainment we decided to explore the Royal Suites side of the resort. What we discovered was an absolute paradise, an empty bar, restaurant and pool, isolated completely from the crowds.

From there on out, everything was out of this world. The bar by the Royal pool had fantastic bartenders, and most of the time they were free to keep an eye on us and bring us whatever drinks we required. Our dinner on the second night couldn't have been any better. We arrived to an empty terrace overlooking the ocean, were seated by the Maitre d' and had a choice of fantastic dishes from the a' la carte menu. The restaurant had seating for around eighty people, but there was only one other couple there, so we had complete attention from the waitstaff and the bartenders. My rib-eye steak was done just the way I liked it, my drinks were kept cold and full, and most importantly, I was able to spend a fantastic, romantic meal with my girlfriend in the perfect tropical setting.

Our discoveries didn't end there, the pool and the pool bar were immaculate, and we were treated like royalty all week. Room service was included in the all inclusive package, and was available 24hrs at no extra charge. When we ordered a pizza one night, it arrived hot from the oven in just over 10 minutes. The lobby, with it's air conditioned bar and free internet, was a great place to relax and wind down, or plan an excursion. But you should definitely plan your own excursions in advance. The deals we found online were much better than any of our tour company packages. We found that if we booked 3 activities with Vallarta Adventures we got a 10% discount, and a free 4th activity. Our tour company was only offering the 10% for booking 3 or more packages, whereas the vallarta adventures website offered the 10% off just for booking any tour online.

The a la carte restaurants that we tried (Mexican and Italian) were excellent. Make sure you have a reservation though, as it was very busy. Again we had a great ocean view, and the food was presented very well. The flaming coffee is not to be missed. However we didn't feel pressed to leave the Royal suites dining area very often, and the menu was changed enough to keep us interested and the service was fantastic. The presentation of the food was amazing all week, and I'm sure you could have a nice steak three times a day if you wanted to.

In short, this resort gave us everything we were looking for and much more. The level of intimacy, the attention to detail, and the personal service made this a dream vacation. Strangely enough, we were able to book the Royal Suites for less than the price of the main half of the resort. Keep your eyes open for deals here, and try to hit this resort when it's not busy. My one question is how the Royal suites staff would hold up to a higher number of guests.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graemelives
Reviewed 15 April 2008

We arrived on April 4. Sure was great to get warm again. The weather was perfect for the week we were there.
Our trip price was $3,142 for two people for one week. After we were there I felt kind of ripped off as other people paid about $1,00 less than we did. I have doubts about using my travel agent again.
We had to fly out of Vancouver which cost an overnight stay at the beginning and if we didn't want to put the family out at home we had to return via Nanaimo because the Friday ferries back to Victoria are full by 6:30 pm.
The Palladium Suites is separated from the Palladium Resort by a chainlink fence. Suites guests are welcome to both facilities but Resort guests are restricted entry.
I found the Suites side to be a lot more quiet. The pools were lovely and warm, if not a bit hot, more like a hot tub. There was pool service or rather sun bathing service as the waiter brought drinks right down to the beach. The drinks were higher end than the regular Puerto Vallarta AIs. I didn't notice what they were serving at the Resort.
The Suites included an al a carte that was fantastic. The lunch menu was always great. Hopefully I can attach some photos. I am all about the food when I travel.
I found the al a cartes to be okay. Some dishes are better than others but you can get that at home too. We were offered surveys at two of them and I completed them honestly.
Sweat part, was the non working air. For 3 days we didn't have air-conditioning and we complained and explained but nothing was done. Because of sensors on the door the air would work when you opened and closed the door. It would shut off after about 1 minute. So I guess they would check buy walking in and the air would be on. We hopped up and down all night opening and closing the door. Finally a non-English speaking guy came on the 3rd night and we worked it out that it needed an electrician. On the 4th night we said we wanted a different room and it was handed to us immediately. Why didn't we make demands before?!
I was really glad to move because I didn't like that room configuration. The jacuzzi tub was in the middle of the room and the toilet room didn't have a fully enclosed door. Even though we are married and my honey has seen me squeeze a baby out, I still don't want him to listen or smell me having to poop or visa versa.
We took the public bus to Buserias ($1) one day and to Wal-Mart ($1.50) another. We bought some booze at a store in Buserias. We could have saved a couple of dollars by buying it at the Duty Free. But what the heck. Next time. If you go to the Duty Free at the airport it is past all the security checks.
In the evenings they have very nice entertainment in the square by the theatre. However, we didn't enjoy it very much as it was very pungent. The air seems to change direction after dark and you would smell the zoo and also the roofs of the buildings are made of straw. It reminded me of the barn, hot straw and manure. Now add the body products of all the sweaty people, yuk!
Don't forget a hat, ear plugs, sunscreen, and oh yes, bug repellent. The Palladium is out in the country and we got bit multiple times. (No bed bugs though as we have been dealing with them at our work so every hotel gets an inspection before we even sit on the bed.)
$1's for tips. You maybe going on an AI but the staff get paid peanuts and need to rely on tips. A trip to Wal-Mart or the Mega Grocery will show you that the food isn't cheap.
Would we go again? Next time to Mexico we will be taking the family and going to the Royal DeCameron for sure. There are more pool options and quieter places to play. Plus the buffet breakfast never changed the whole time at the Palladium Resort. Boring. The pool that welcomes everyone is horribly loud with Spanish continually being yelled over a microphone or else it is techno music. I would go back to the Suites (adults only) but it would have to be a better price first.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lavonne_Huxley
Reviewed 1 April 2008

We stayed at the Palladium Suites Mar. 24-Mar.31, 2008. We were looking for the "quiet time" which a resort far outside PV might provide. I have to admit, the suites-side of the Palladium provided exactly that, except from 8:30 - 11:30 P.M. every night, including Sundays, when loud speakers blasting music (live entertainment and CD's ) at the Sports/Hemingway bars precluded thinking or sleeping. We were in Suite #4213 in Building one, facing the Palladium bar-side. Were I to go again, I would request an even numbered suite in Building 2 or 3 because they might be more quiet.

Even though our room might have indicated we were on the 4th floor, it actually was the third. There are no elevators, but the flights of stairs are not difficult to manage, unless you have trouble walking stairs. I nopticed handicap ramps from the driveway to the lobby, from Villa 3 to the pool and restaurant areas. There were stairs to the terrace and the beach, but, again, these were not excessive.

Our room was clean. It was made up every day by 10:30 a.m. We left for breakfast, put the sign out to please make up the room, and when we returned, all maintenance had been done. Of course, we were never sure if we'd get 2 body lotions, and no shampoo, one or two packets of coffee, 3 soaps, or none. In other words, the re-stocking of the bath amenities was somewhat random. However, a quick call to the front desk or a comment to the maid resolved those issues quickly.

The jacuzzi was huge. The jets were clean & powerful. The rooms have a safe, a table with 3 drawers for clothes, a suitcase table, a small desk, two chairs, a small settee, bed, two bedside tables, TV that seems to get CNN & NBC only, & fridge.

The fridge is supposedly stocked daily with 3 beers, 3 waters and 2 cans of soda. On the first day, we had to request a bottle opener. Some days we got 2 beers; other days we got 3 sodas. Again the random factor was at work. We actually found it kind of fun to guess what we'd get every day.

There is only one wastebasket in the room. It could use two (personal preference). Each suite is provided with two terry cloth robes & 2 pairs of slippers. Nice touch! There is NO clock in the room.

The porch had a small plastic table and 2 chairs on it, under a thatched roof. Nice view of the mountains, and, a sliver of the ocean. In truth, the view didn't matter to us. We had a resident gekko we found fun to watch, plus a number of bird, butterfly & moth visitors.

There are two internet computers in the lobby at the suites. They worked fine. The lobby bar appeared well-stocked.

The Punta Mita restaurant food ranged between good to excellent. Breakfast eggs were generally OK; not great. The has brown potatoes tasted as if they had been made with cream. I found those indigestible, as were the sausages. However, there were sweetrolls, toast, cereals, and fruits available. When Giovani or Alfredo were cooking, the lunches and dinners were fabulous! Nothing better than their fish with their accompanying sauces!

After one week eating 3 meals/day at the Punta Mita Restaurant, tho, we found ourselves somewhat bored with the (lack of) variety on the menu. We never tried any of the restaurants on the Palladium side, because we heard from other guests that the food was terrible.

The beach is small and, as has already been mentioned, rocky. It is quite typical for the Pacific coast. The resort was using a small bulldozer while we were there to de-rock the area, and we saw people cleaning up the scrub and seaweed. It's simply not an Atlantic coast-type beach. We did enjoy looking in the tidal pools and walking over the hill to other beaches, picking up rocks and shells. This is not a super shelling area, tho.

The sewage smell people have also mentioned seems to come and go. The place where it is worst is under a grate going down to the ocean from the suites. There is a flagstone partially covering the sewer outlet that appears to have slipped. Were it not covered by a grate, I might have tried to shift it back into place. I did mention this to the concierge, but who knows if it will be taken care of.

The pool was warm, and clean. Poolside was quiet, with no children or activities bellowed on a bull horn, as over on the "regular" side.

Beverage service on the beach & poolside was good, and fairly frequent. Perhaps once per hour, someone would come by asking if we wanted fruit kebobs or something to drink. We always gave 10 pesos as a tip. In fact, for every meal, we left 20 pesos, ditto for the maid every day. Service people don't make much money, so we felt our tips (small as they were) would be appreciated.

The zoo over on the Palladium side seemed well kept, except for the one time when some worker abandoned a rake, tong-side up, in the cage with the ostriches. A quick call to the desk rectified this problem-waiting to happen. The zoo contains 2 spider monkeys, parrots, rabbits, 2 ostrich, 2 coatundis, two peacocks and pea hens, and some other tropical birds. They all look well-fed. There are crocodiles who are fed every Friday at noon in a pond at the front of the hotel; there is a cage with deer, that is somewhat smelly, but then what cage with a herd of deer wouldn't be?

I am surprised no one has mentioned the botanical gardens around the regular Pallaium hotel. The specimen trees and plants are clearly marked. We spent an enjoyable time walking the gravel paths around and up and down. People who have trouble walking should not attempt to go there, tho. The gravel is slippery, and the incline might be problematic.

The two small stores (a kind of general beach-resort, sun tan lotion, Mexican souvenir type) and a silver jewelry store were in the main hotel complex. Prices seemed higher than in town, but then, the articles have been "brought to you," so to speak, so you should expect higher prices.

Buses run to Punta Mita, Soyulita, Bucerias, the Marina and PV every 15 minutes until around 9 P.M. The cost from the hotel to Bucerias is 10 pesos per person. You catch the bus on the main road (right side for Bucerias, PV), and across the stree in fron of the real estate office for Punta Mita & Soyulita. Just wave the driver down.

All in all, we got what we wanted - a reasonably quiet vacation, at a clean resort with decent food.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Travelingmaven
Reviewed 23 March 2008

We enjoyed our time at the Royal Suites. Great value for the money.
***** Make sure to read my comments about Puerto Vallarta airport at the end. *****

Fact is the Suites & the Palladium are one property with some pathways to partition them.

The suites are an adult only pair of buildings with their own lobby, pool, bar, restaurant and beach access. There are many ways to wander over to the Palladium side.

We booked the Suites when we bought our package. Somewhat cheaper than than the $28US per person per day being quoted.

You get as many a la carte as you want and can book them from your room as opposed to standing in line for 3. In a week we only did 3 any way.

The resort was packed so some Palladium guests were upgraded to the suites gratis. You would have thought they would have placed people looking for a quieter environment over at the Suites but they rolled anyone over. Some looked for and tried to create the rollicking party where none existed. They may have had a better time on the Palladium side, I know we would have if they were there.

The rooms are good. Spacious and clean. Water temperature rolls from ice cold to scalding hot during many of the showers, a common piece of chatter pool side. Building 1, rooms that start with 4*** and end in odd numbers will have a lot of noise thrown their way as they are beside and fact the Palladium side.

There is a distinct sewer smell on the grounds, stronger at different times of the day and always around in some areas. Sometimes at the pool area.

Food is good to great. Never consistent but never bad and always looked & tasted fresh. The buffet is usually very busy. Empty food trays are common because of the traffic. The kitchen staff works hard to keep them full. Be patient.

The a la carte have decent menus that periodically change. The hours for each food place, including the buffet, are odd and limited. The staff is great. They work hard and seem to care. Their training and knowledge of the resort, it's amenities and policies are lacking. Tipping or not?...In some cases you get more attention in others it makes no difference. You decide, but they know who never tips.....The suites was easily worth the upfront money. Knowing what I know now I would have paid it at check in had we not booked ahead. If you want the option to go over to the busy resort side of music, kids, action & activities with the serene side to retire to - then you may enjoy the suites. The kids at the Palladium side were having a lot of fun Hey its Mexico. Enjoy the area, we did some good tours. It seems relatively safe in the area. Lots of guests took regular buses around. There are a few towns around with good sights, sounds and food. 5 Stars to Margaritas restaurant in Punta de Mita - tables on the beach for dinner at sun down.

If I didn't comment on whats important to you I can tell you for the price the Palladium is a fine resort. If you are missing what you want when you get there just ask.

*****
The "Gauntlet" at the Puerto Vallarta airport is merciless and cunning. Many tourists miss their buses because of the actions of the time share sellers in the "Gauntlet". The Puerto Vallarta airport authority has provided 2 areas which you will pass through after you get your bags. They are filled with people who will help relieve you of your time and money for time shares. They will say anything, represent themselves in any manner and never answer questions about your real tour operator or hotel. Get out of there! Never make eye contact do not say anything until you are outside with rain falling on your head or blue sky with a bright sun or black sky with stars. Walk, walk, walk do not stop. Did I say get out of there? If you can't take 2 minutes of incredible sales pressure DON'T GO TO PUERTO VALLARTA AIRPORT. We found numerous people from our tour company after we got past these 2 areas waving clearly visible signs as to get our attention. Do not believe the time share sellers when they tell your bus is late, or it will be here in 10 minutes or someone called with a message for you or anything else that comes out of their mouth. The people in the Gauntlet have NO responsibility to get you safely to your hotel or resort. Get involved with them and miss your bus - you are on your own. Check your tour company documentation, ours warned us about this. I want to add some emphasis. Straight ahead and out. You may want to ask your tour operator or airline why they would allow that to happen. There are many ways to buy time share without supporting this aggressive and threatening behavior. If you read this and see others getting pulled in during he Gauntlet walk let them know to keep moving. The time share "Gauntlet" is merciless & cunning.
*****

I am going to add a post for the Palladium as well. When you are at the suites you will spend a lot of time over on the Palladium side.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends