New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
London
“Holiday of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

My husband and I have just returned from the most relaxing and wonderful week at the St Regis, Punta Mita. We were celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. Although we've stayed at beautiful hotels throughout the world, this one topped them all. The scenery is breathtaking, the rooms gorgeous and the restaurants excellent but what really made it for us was the people. Nothing was too much trouble for the great staff led by their amazing general manager, Carl Emberson. Thank you so much for making our stay so memorable. We will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LondonAntonia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
SF
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

When I say that my stay at St Regis Punta Mita was the best I've ever experienced in my ENTIRE life, I am not exaggerating. I can not say enough amazing things about the place - the grounds are fabulous, the food is delicious, the rooms are to die for, and the service is above-and-beyond superb.

Can't wait to come back next year!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Mu husband and I just returned from a week at the St. Regis Punta Mita -- our first vacation with our infant daughter. We are Platinum Starwood members and have stayed in Westins, W hotels and a few St. Regis properties around the world. This one was top-notch, with the usual breathtaking grounds and luxurious rooms -- but the staff really made the property special.

I was immediately taken with how accommodating they were to our 8-month-old baby. Everyone from Carl the GM to Marisol at housekeeping was so sweet to her. There was a welcome amenity with a teddy bear, rubber ducky, diapers and a pack of Johnson & Johnson baby products waiting in our room upon arrival -- a nice touch!

Special thanks to a few staff members who went above and beyond:

1) David at Concierge, who picked up some baby formula for us from the pharmacy near his house (about 30 minutes away), which saved us $40 in cab fare to have it delivered.

2) Jose at the front desk, who took time out of his day to give us a tour of some of the different room types in case we want to come back

3) Ricardo and Javier at the pool, who always had our favorite cabana ready and waiting with towels and water, and anticipated every need while we were there

Also, our butler managed to find a bottle sterilizer for us after we forgot to bring our microwave bags for sterilizing. It was a life-saver!

As for the rooms -- we were upgraded to a deluxe suite, but I did look at all of the room types and can say that I would be perfectly happy with a traditional room. ALL of the rooms and suites are well-appointed and luxurious, with balconies/terraces, walk-in closets, outdoor showers and the MOST comfortable beds I've ever slept in (even better than the Westin Heavenly Bed!).

The rooms are all housed in casitas, with about 4 rooms/suites per casita. I would suggest staying in an upstairs room if you can. Not only is the view probably better, but we could hear everything through the ceiling of our first-floor suite -- talking, TV, music, walking up and down stairs, etc.

We stayed on the property the entire time and ate all of our meals there. I highly recommend the chilaquiles for breakfast and the chicken tacos and octopus tostada from the pool menu at Marietas.

We ate at Seabreeze a couple times but were not as impressed with the food.

You can go into Punta Mita to eat, but it's a $10 cab ride each way.

Thanks to everyone who made our visit so special. We hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: Book a room/suite on the second floor or better view and less noise from upstairs.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travelbug146
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Dear Travelbug

Greetings from The St Regis Punta MIta and thank you for your review. I fondly remember Claire what a beautiful girl and we are so glad you all had such a great stay with us in what was if I am not wrong your first trip with Claire. Rest assured I will share your comments with the team who I am sure will be thrilled to know they made your holiday with us a special one.
My best regards Carl
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

If you are in search of a luxury hideaway & want to escape the "corporate-like" structures; the St. Regis Punta Mita has just become our new favorite destination. I spent April 10th-17th at this exclusive location and have already began arranging my schedule in order to go back! Many of us flew in from all parts of the World for the II Edition of the Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf Classic - wow what a great event! - a 3 day party with great famous chefs, golf, wines, tequilas & not to forget plenty of Champagne

From the moment you walk into the modern-eco-chic lobby standing with your welcome cocktail in hand, overlooking the pool and ocean, you know you are in for an unforgettable stay. You are constantly surrounded by beautifully manicured gardens, a very attentive and friendly staff, delicious meals and a great selection of wine and tequila.
The General Manager (Mr. Emberson ) 's attention to detail was able to capture the essence of luxury traveling and converted it into a cozy oasis that stimulates every one of your senses. Looking forward to my next visit

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Erikabetterhumans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012 via mobile

Dont forget about the spa, it is one of the nicest settings in the whole resort. Facial and massage were very good. Check for daily specials which bring prices inline with regular US prices. Of special note was Catilina who gave an awesome massage and remedied my sunburn with some magic ice cold elixir I wish I had done at the start of the week.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Timmernation
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

My husband and I went there for our honeymoon and we were beyond happy! The butler service and staff is beyond friendly and accommodation! From the rooms, service, staff, events and restaurants we were beyond satisfied and so happy with our choice!! I cant wait to go back for our 1 year anniversary!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Room Tip: The Sea Breeze has the Best food (all of the restaurants were good though) and Carolina was amazing...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lcglidden
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

This place is the bomb! The service is second to none, the quality at the top of the scale and absolutely gorgeous to boot!!! I can't get back there fast enough.

• Stayed April 2012
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,253 reviews
6.7 km away
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!