“renovations?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Punta de Mita
GreenLeadersGold level
Winnipeg, Canada
“renovations?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

We've being to this resort 3 times already, had a great time! We are planningn to spend another vacation at Palladium, although someboby mentioned that there is a big construction/renovation going on and I noticed that they are selling rooms only in one building. Does anybody know that is going on there?
Lesya

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dtoradjuntoayb, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Lesya,

Thank you for your comment, it is gratifying to understand that you came 3 times and you enjoyed all of them. Regarding the renovations, indeed we have been renovating many areas of the hotel with the aim of enhance our offer and modernize our facilities; in fact, next month will be finished all the construction work and we will have a lot of nice improvements that I am sure it will make our guest to be delighted.

We are looking forward to your next visit and please, do not hesitate to contact directly the hotel for any request or question.

Kindest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
Ogden, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Our first trip to this resort was a couple of years ago with my oldest son an daughter in law, we had such a great time we brought our youngest with his new wife as a wedding gift. The Kitchen, Bar and room staff were an A+. they would do anything possible to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms were clean well kept. The food was great,and drinks were exceptional. Upon returning to our room's from a trip to Old Town we noticed our room's were noticeably hotter than normal. When trying to lower the temperature, the thermostat wouldn't let us. I called the front desk several times. One particular time they sent a maintance person to my room, he couldn't speak any English but he let me know I'd have to accept the setting.I then walked to the front desk, who put me in contact with another Maintance Person who informed me that that was as cool as the AC couldn't go 22 C. or 72 degree's I new he was not being honest twith me because three previous days we had the AC set at 20 C or 68 Degrees. The difference between 72 and 68 Degrees feels quite a bit different when the humidity is 97%. I work in Maintance and I know it's easy to get on the AC software and make needed adjustments. If I'd been in the states and they pulled this on me I would have checked out of this hotel got in my car and went somewhere else. Our whole attitude at this point had changed knowing that when we returned to our room's how hot they would be and difficult to sleep. Do you really want to stay where Management dictates your room Temp. and wont work with you. For this reason I'm giving Management an F and don't thik I will return or any of my acquaintances.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank paul b
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Paul B,
First of all I would like to thank you for your positive comments about our services. I am really appreciate it.
Regards your comment about air conditioning on the room, let me explain you that our hotel is certificated with an environmental program called “Earth Check” that means we need to follow some standards about several items like recycling, support community, energy control, water… the majority of them are explained to our guest on different parts of the hotel and in our internal environmental channel. One of our main goals is to reduce the energy that we use in the hotel. We try to have all our room temperature to 22 grades minimum. The international standard shows that a temperature comfort in a room is 24 grades. Nevertheless we understand that in the area of the hotel there are humidity and hot and it is that because we program all thermostats to 22 maximum.
That rule is like a standard for a hotel or chain that collaborates in pro of the environment (we are working continually in that) like we explain before. I, like a manager, did not decide our guest’s room temperature. I am sorry if that wasn’t enough for you, If I really had known about your disconformities while you are here, I would try to correct that. Trust me is the first time I have notice about one guest is disconformities with that standard. I understand all our guest are different and have different necessities. I truly regret if you decide do not come back here for that reason. Again, I am really sorry we did not correct that. If you decide to give us another opportunity we will do our best in order you can enjoy your stay with us.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

So far trip has been excellent, only major pproblem is that we were told we would have a king bed, when we checked in we were given doubles. We asked for a king and were told that we could upgrade to a king bed for an additional 95 a night.....not cool as i already paid a pretty penny originally.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Dear Penny K,
First of all I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay in Palladium Vallarta. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in the Resort. Regards your comments about king size bed; trust me, than I am really surprised about that. We never guarantee request, the hotel has king size beds or two double beds. If you have two double beds it is because we do not have available a room with king size bed. The cost that you mention in your report it is the cost for a superior room Master Suite or Royal suite not for a king size bed.
I am really sorry if we could not offer you a king size bed but I said, we never guarantee request because them depends about the availability of the hotel
Duncan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

It was our first visit to Mexico and we enjoyed our stay here. Our room was okay, but the view was beautiful. Easy access to pools/ bars and theater. I enjoyed the shows, zoo and the evening markets. Our Sunwing host, martin was wonderful and so helpful.

Room Tip: We expected a four star room(canadian standards), but it was two-three star. room was very clean, bu...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear Bjduncan11,
I am glad to know your first visit in Mexico was a good experience. For us it is important all comments that we receive from our guest because that helps us to know if we are in the right path. I am sorry if your room is not accomplish your expectations, trust me that our goal is to make our guests vacation an enjoyable experience and if our clients are not happy with the assigned room I recommended to ask to the front desk about to change that. If we have rooms available we do not have any problem to do that. If you could send me an email in order to correct your inconveniences that you have in your room I really appreciate that
Kamloops, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

If you value your body don't go they have bedbugs and they tried passing it off as sand fleas. I woke up with new bits every morning and then was told by friends what to look for so I did & sure enough there were bedbugs. We were moved to 3 different rooms first room wasn't from bedbugs but the plumbing was leaking all over the floor and the water was running from behind the tiles with mold coming from it. They moved us with some problems as one of the reviews said that the front desk people are very rude well they are! If it wasn't for my Westjet rep we would have still been in this mold room. Well the next room is when the bedbugs happened and then I told them & they said no so the next night I was eaten and I went to front desk & told them I was not staying in that room anymore so they sent me and a bellboy to go checkout another room that had the bugs as well.....so I then came back to the lobby and said that I was not staying in this hotel anymore that I wanted to moved to another hotel and to talk to a manager, they said Ok we will call them we waited over an hour and I got mad & sad this is BS and that they could come to my room I was packing. About 15 min after that they arrive, after seeing the bugs they moved us to the royal suite side which is like going from slumville to living like a queen. They did fumeagate all the rooms within the next days as we no have probably brought them with us. This hotel is nothing like the Palladium in Mayan Rivieria. If you stay for a week the staff is rude but if you stay for 2 weeks the second week they are better. The Palladium is SUPPOSE to be giving us a 2 night credit but we still have not seen that which we went in Jan. We did get a travel voucher from Westjet which we thought was nice but I would never ever want to experience that ever again.

Room Tip: Only stay in the 3000 building!
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 4004cheryl
dtoradjuntoayb, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 October 2011
Dear 4004cheryl,

I am sorry to learn that your stay and experience at the Palladium Resort and SPA in Vallarta was a disappointing one. About the issues that you said in your trip report, I would like to mention that it is important for us as a hotel to know how and where we fall short and what we need to do to better meet our guests’ expectations. Concerning the bugs, we must keep in mind that given the natural surroundings, people sometimes can bring from excursions and tours this kind of wildlife in their clothes or belongings. Nonetheless, our commitment is to provide the best service and attention at all times to our guests, therefore I really regret to hear your vacation experience was not as gratifying as desired. I would like to say that we are working every day to improve our services and the comments that we receive from our guests help us in this commitment.

Again, I would like to apologize for your experience in your last vacations. While the staff at Palladium does their best to make sure that our guests have a great experience while with us, at times we do fall short in our efforts.

I hope you can give us another opportunity and come back to let us show you the Palladium hospitality. If there is anything else that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Will the renovations be completed by December 2011? We would like to visit the resort during this time but want to make sure that renovations are complete.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 October 2011
Dear Ksimss,
First of all, thank you for considering Palladium Vallarta for your next vacation. Regarding your question I do not have any exactly date yet but we estimate to finish all the works for the 15th of December.
I hope that information helps you and if you need anything else do not hesitate to contact me
Best regards,
California, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We recently stayed at this property and we liked it very much, the surrounding area is also a beautiful view if you like nature and jungle like landscapes. We were concerned when we heard about the construction going on but we almos didn't see it. Great service almost from everyone except for Susana at the front desk, she is kind of rude and she seems to be upset.
Other that we had a good vacation.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gatewood M
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear Gatewood M,
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your last vacation in Palladium Vallarta. For us it is important all comments that we receive from our guest because that helps us to know if we are in the right path.
Regards you comment about our employee, I would like to apologize for your inconvenience with her. All our employees are well trained in dealing with the customers and to provide them most efficient services. You can be sure any kind of mistreatment is not tolerated by our company and we will take immediately action in order to avoid that.
We are really sorry for your bad experience with us and hope, you will give us a chance to offer you a level of service desired by you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
#8 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,332 reviews
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!