Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Hotel Meson de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$56
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$435
US$400
Stregis.com
US$269
  • Pool
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$341
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$640
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$330
WHotels.com
Destino Alamar(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$160
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$745
Orbitz.com
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$765
Priceline
Priceline
5,145 results
All reviewsgrand palladiumsports baradult poolribsa la carte restaurantsmain poolthe mexican restaurantmini zoohemingway barsalt water poolmobility issuesboogie boardingmain buffetkids clubcity tourbbq on the beachstayed in building
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We travelled to the Palladium the last week of March (spring break for us) with our 20 month old. We met my inlaws and my wife's Aunt there.

The resort was a very good choice for what we had in mind. The adult pool allowed my inlaws a place to go that wasn't so loud and active - there were many many children of all ages at the resort - when my daughter was napping. The location is pretty remote and some probably won't like that but we knew what we were getting when we chose the resort - I only left the resort twice to golf (At Litibu, which by the way has an excellent deal on right now 800 pesos - about $65 Canadian which for the PV area is a steal!)

This is the fifth all inclusive I've stayed at and the buffet was far and away the best. There were fresh food cooking stations at every meal - pizza, pasta, chicken, steak, seafood, crepes, omlettes, panninis, all made fresh to order at the buffet. We visited the Asian and Mexican ala cartes and both were just ok. The view from the patio at the Mexican ala carte is fantastic though!

As mentioned the resort is quite spread out and there is a lot of walking and stairs. There is an EXCELLENT kids club. We didn't leave our daughter there but we went to play frequently and borrowed the strollers they had every day.

Evening entertainment was a little bit hokey but the animators try hard and the kids seemed to like it! There were always lots of activities going on during the day too. This is a very good, and inexpensive, place to take your family.

One last thing - don't believe that this is a 5 star. The sister resort the "suites" is a 6 star, so what does that tell you about the Palladium? That compared to other resorts its a 4 star. Good value, great resort, great time! My wife is already looking forward to a return next year.

Room Tip: Building one faces either the main pool or the adult pool, building two faces the main pool or building 3 and the suites.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
JulioCA, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Guest:

Dear Guest:

We fell glad to know we were successful in your expectations in this positive trip report of your stay at the The Grand Palladium Vallarta , for us it is very pleasant to read this kind of feed back that notice that we are going trough the right direction improving and learning direct from our Guests experiences.

We hope to continue attending you in your next stay with us,

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2012

First off let me start with 4 star not 5 because of the fact no elevators, nor is there a way to guarantee a king bed in advance. Although there was no way to guarantee a King bed Oscar at the front desk made sure we would return to the resort with his attentive and kind service. The first night we settled in a double bed room and after that first night, Oscar took care of our bed situation with service of a 5 star hotel. This man is an Asset to your hotel.
If you have a hard time managing steps, then I would not recommend this place. This place can be called the Stairway to Heaven or the Hotel of a Thousand Steps. LOL If you can handle the steps, you will love the place.
The staff, rooms, as well as the food are all above average. Even for the buffet. I am sure you and your family will enjoy themselves at this resort. They have entertainment for all ages and there is no real reason to leave the resort. If you want trinkets, they are there. If you want a dinner show, there is one 6 nights a week. If you want to dance the Disco will be there open every night. Need some down time from the kids, they have a team of experts to entertain them, till Midnight. Like to use the spa and not order a service every time? No problem, make a reservation for the spa amenities and go unwind. We had the "I love you" special at the spa the second day in and I recommend you do too. The massage, body scrub and facial, unwinds one so well, that it was like adding 2 days to the stay. Great Masseuses and services!
Want to learn to surf, sail, kayak, or just boogie board? Pepe and Fernando will accommodate you, like family.
Rather just have a few by the pool? No problem 3 pools which one is adult only. On that note, the only downer was some of the guests. The one's who do not know, or have the class to say " No they were here first" Other then that...Perfecto!
The Bar tenders are so swamped I do not think they can keep track of who was there first and just take the next person in front of them. My compliments to Phillipe, Marcello and Matias the three best tenders in the resort. Not saying the others were sub-par, rather these three do know how to mix ingredients. Bravo! They also know they are only as good as the staff underneath them, such as Vanessa and Virginia be it at the main bar or Buffet. Honestly, there are more who made our trip wonderful but I cannot remember all their names. For that I am sorry. Trust me when I say that Grateful people are happy people and every employee at the hotel is either grateful and or happy to be there. Cheers!
The Zoo and Botanical garden are incorporated into the middle of property. The groundskeepers make that Hotel beautiful. Anywhere you stop and look, you will see manicured foliage and gorgeous views. One sad note* The cages are too small at least for the Monkeys.Think about it. You put a couple of monkeys in a cage in the middle of a lush tropical setting and they cannot even climb a tree to feel like they are amongst the nature. Instead a small cage the size of a living room...The same for the Alligator. 12 foot alligator in a 20 foot cage. C'mon Man!

*One important note.... "The Suites" are two buildings inside the property. Not to be confused with a JR. Suite upgrade in the rest of the resort 'the other 3 buildings.' Total of 5 buildings if counting "The Suites".
The Suites have separate amenities and can access the rest of the resort as well. The Suites have their own pool (heated in the winter months only) That would be a 4th pool if counting all pools, although that 4th pool is only accessible to "The Suites" guests as well as it's uncrowded beach access. However we were there at one of the busiest weeks of the stay with over 1000 guests and still found a chaise lounge and were served in a timely manner. We were not staying at "The Suites" and enjoyed our stay.
Thank you to the entire staff at the Hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Jr Suite if available. Although we doubt you will spend much time in the room. The hotel is much too beautiful to not immerse yourself in. Be it a Hammock or a bed outside.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dependable_Honest
dtoradjuntoayb, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear Dependable_Honest,

Thanks a lot for your great comments about your holidays in Grand Palladium Vallarta and particularly about the ones to our staff. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day; the staff is our best asset and we are really happy to realize that you enjoyed your stay as this is the aim of our team, to offer memorable vacations to our visitors.

Thank you again and please, do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit, so we can do our best to provide you with the best of attentions.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Before beginning, I'd like to make it known that I am a 20 yr old girl travelling for the first time to Mexico with my boyfriend of 23 and this is our honest review.

Upon arriving at the Palladium, we were blown away. We walked into a beautiful lobby area and were immediately helped by multiple staff members. Welcome drinks were handed to us within minutes. There was no line at the check-in counter, and although our room was not ready till 3:00 PM, we were invited into the buffet area for drinks and snacks and we did not mind waiting at all.

ROOM- I was very impressed when we were shown to our room. Everything was marble and seemed very clean and well kept. You could tell they had renovated it recently and it was very pretty. The bathroom was beautiful, and I really love the eco-friendliness aspects they incorporate everywhere. I found the beds very comfortable, and the air conditioning was automatic and the rooms always felt like the perfect temperature.

FOOD- The A la Carte's were wonderful! Mexican was definitely the best, and the restaurant is located beautifully on the edge of a cliff. We ate at sunset and it was perfect. There was plenty of authentic mexican meals and we both loved what we got. My boyfriend loved his lobster and wanted more! The servers were great, cheerful and very helpful...as I found every staff member at the Palladium was. The buffets are just typical buffets and I can't complain. Buffets will be buffets. Tons of options though, and tons of fresh fruit brought out throughout the day.

DRINKS- Drinks were one of the best parts!! I loved that they had a "specialty drink" menu with al different kinds of mixed drinks that catered to everyone. Beer was great and yummy tequila! Bar tenders were happy and gracious people. We never found a line longer than 2 minutes long.

STAFF- I love Palladium staff! Everyone was kind and always willing to go out of their way to help you out. There was enough staff there who spoke good english so we were always able to get the answer we were looking for. I love that they employ younger staff, the "People of Palladium or POP". It was nice to see that they catered to kids and tried to keep everyone entertained. When I have a family of my own, I will definately bring them here!

Addressing the stair and ramp issues, it didn't bother me at all. That being said, I am a young and physically able person and cannot speak for people with any sort of disability. I could see how it would be frustrating trying to get around the resort.

BEACH and POOLS- I fell in love with the beach right away. I wasn't expecting such clear water and soft sand. There was hardly any rock at all, soft sand for miles. Where rock might be present, they had signs indicating exactly where. The beach was kept clean and there were always tons of chairs to grab in the sun and in the shade. Body surfing was a huge highlight for us and we tried to do it everyday! Next time we'd like to surf. They always had beach volleyball going and there were tons of people playing, and I loved watching. All the pools were great, especially the adult only infinity pool. We spent most at the beach.... we didn't travel that far to sit around a pool all day.

One of the last things I'd like to say about this resort is about the beach/ earth hour party they threw on the first night we arrived. They threw an awesome party dedicated to Earth hour, they actually turned off all lights and lit the resort and beach up with candles, tiki's and lit up candles in paper bags. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. They had performers and dancers on the beach for hours, and after the count down was done, we partied to a live DJ till 3:00 in the morning. We had a BLAST!!!! There was such an energy, everyone(including staff) was dancing and having a great time with everyone. It was something I'll never forget.

Yes I know this was long, but I really appreciated what Palladium had to offer and the experience was unforgettable. I hope I touched on all points people want to hear about! I will definately be returning at some point and can't wait.

Thank you so much Grand Palladium for making my first Mexican experience an amazing one. I can't wait to come back already!!! We miss the beach and the drinks and the sun!

**I'd quickly like to mention Angel, the server we had almost everyday at the buffet in the evenings. He was very personable, gracious and full of humour. We loved talking with him everyday and we was always extremely tentative and helpful.**

On that note, that is finally the end of my review! I know later I'll remember more things I wanted to say... but for now this should do!!

Gracias a thousand times!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Our room number was 2323 and it was perfect. Just far enough away that we didn't hear a peep at night, but we had a view of the ocean. No need to upgrade! Rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julia J
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear Julia J.
First of all I would like to say that I really appreciate all your great comments about our resort and staff. I will take note and I will send them to our staff. For us it is a gratifying that you enjoyed your vacation with us in your first visit to Mexico. This is a very extensive report and I really appreciate the time that you took to write your comments about your stay.
I hope that you and your partner decide to spend your next holidays with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email.
Best regards

Reviewed April 12, 2012

What a good time we had at this great resort. it started right at check in with Vanesa bringing us a drink while we waited ( just a few minutes) to check in. The buffets and snacks were great. A real nice touch was not having to reserve for the a-la-cartes. The rib nights by the beach were OMG. The rooms and grounds were clean, clean, clean. The bars and pools were great. There are many well lit paths. The zoo was a nice touch. The spa was awesome. The infinity pool was great, the salt water pool in the ocean was great. (never saw one of those before)The staff was fabulus. Just to mention a few.....Vanesa and Francia in the Lobby Bar, Martin, Alexandia, Rolia and Romano in entertainment, Angel and Alex in the buffet, Alfredo in the Italian restaurant and Angelita in the spa was absolutely the best ever. There were many many more. I would recommend the Canopy Tours for zip line in the jungle. Those guys are good entertainers and so efficient zipping...they keep it fun and exciting.
Sunquest Vacations were so good to us. Thanks Luis (the sunquest rep). for the great job. I liked the full time hours at the resort. You never had to think of what days or what hours the rep was to be there because he was always there during the day.

Just a GOOD GOOD holiday.
Thumbs up to the Paldium

PS. Just a note to travellers arriving at Peurto Vallarta....be careful at the airport....the very first people you encounter are time share people. They sound very convincing that they are the ones you are looking for to look after you. They were mostly dressed in white so walk past them and look for whatever color uniform your tour operator wears, You travel agent should have told you what color they wear.
Some people on our plane missed the bus to the resort because of these people and had to get a taxi to the resort......WALK PAST THEM

Room Tip: If you want ocean view try 1100 or 1200 lower even numbers
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barry53Bowsman

Dear Barry53Bowsman,
I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the Grand Palladium Resort. I really appreciate that you and your partner enjoyed your vacations. I will take note about your comments and I will send them to our staff. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email

Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was our sixth time to Puerto Vallarta and our first time to the Grand Palladium. This buy far was one of my favorite hotels. Plenty to eat and drink, no reservations for the alacartes, rooms were new and clean...as was the entire resort. Yes there were lots of stairs and ramps but they were well lit, covered, not that we needed that as we had no rain, and by walking around the grounds you could enjoy the jungle atmosphere and visit the zoo. Each night was a different musical group, followed by a broadway style performance as well as a few nights when vendors were onsite. plenty to do at the resort if you wanted to keep busy as well as a quiet adult pool that had a plentiful supply of comfortable lawn chairs and an amazing view of the ocean from the infinity pool. The beach was very nice, lots of buggy boards and surfers enjoyed the waves. Puerto Vallarta is a 42.00 cab ride each way or take a bus, actually 2 buses but it's worth it as it only costs about 26 pesos..for those who have been there before but maybe not for a couple of years the trip into town is worth it just to see the new Malecon....it's beautiful! One more thing about this hotel...if you are a ceasar fan...then you must have Cynthia at the main bar make you one or if you are so inclined you will find a bottle of vodka, Tabasco and clamato juice next to the orange juice at the buffet during breakfast!

Room Tip: Get a ocean view, make sure you understand some parts of the buildings have rooms on the ground floor , floors are 0,1,2,3. Depending on the building like the first one we were in ...room # 2152 was on the ground flood with a patio, the second room was 2230 and was on the fourth floor actually. Remember its built into a hill so there are different levels. Balconys are pretty small, only room for one chair really...but there's enough room for two to have coffee in the morning if you snuggle up!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Sheila D
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Dear Sdevost,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your last vacation in Grand Palladium Vallarta. It was a very extensive report and that helps us to understand what our guests need or want from their vacation.
I will take note about your suggestions in order to improve our day to day services and if there is anything that we can do for you in the future, please let me know.
Best Regards,