I appreciate that rooms cannot always be allocated together for families but on arrival we were offered the opportunity to pay a $150 upgrade to allow my husband and I the chance to be at the same end of the building as my children! We were extremely tired from a 12 hour journey and felt we were being taking advantage of which we stated at the time, this was met by reception staff with a shrug of the shoulders.
This upgraded room was above the activity pool (with sea view) and horrendous noise levels - we immediately asked for our upgrade money back and eventually after 4 days (and another sub-standard room later) were all able to be closer together in rooms that didn't have noise levels requiring ear defenders . We know rooms cannot be guaranteed but we talked to at least 3 other couples who experienced the same situation i.e "we can't facilitate you being next to each other at the moment - but would you like to pay for an upgrade in the meantime to guarantee it?" - funnily enough one couple interrupted me discussing the situation with our travel rep to tell us about their own similar experience.
This was a real shame because the resort itself is wonderful. The food is amazing, the other staff are kind and attentive and cannot do enough to help you and the best we have experienced in any resort. There are so many extras put in in place to make the stay that much more enjoyable including towels to cool you down while you wait to leave and live music by the pool! Water sports Department were brilliant and always on hand to help.
It was such a shame that the check in left a bad taste for us...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular property that offers a 300 meter long private Pacific beach, from which guests can witness stunning sunsets. The construction of the hotel has maintained the natural flora and fauna of the area to provide an extraordinary setting for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Hotel Punta De Mita
- Palladium Vallarta Puerto
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Palladium Puerto Vallarta
- Viva Vallarta
- Hotel Palladium Vallarta
- Club Viva Vallarta
- Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa Punta De Mita, Riviera Nayarit, Mexico