“Ok but nothing exceptional ”
Review of La Lunita

La Lunita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Lunita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Akumal
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

As we had read on some posts, La Lunita is expensive for a restaurant that has nothing special.
The setting is nice on the beach but the food is just ok, for a higher price that some other restaurants on the same beach.

Reviewed August 7, 2016

Lunch at this restaurant was part of our tour package with Your Private Tour and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I had the fish ceviche (and also tried my husband's shrimp ceviche with coconut milk). Both were great appetizers, very flavorful and fresh. My 10-year old son and I had the lamb burger for our entree. It came with delicious, crispy fries which were perfectly seasoned. The lamb burger was huge, so my son and I ended up passing our leftovers to my husband who gladly ate them. :) But the most unusual part of the meal for me was the tamarindo margarita which I liked a lot. Be sure to try it.

1  Thank woodlandfairy
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

We were on our way to Yal-ku lagoon and stopped at this restaurant for lunch.

The food was comparatively expensive and wasn't that great. I guess it pays for the beautiful view of Akumal beach. Eat there if you have to...

See pics for menu and scenery

1  Thank SAPmontreal
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Nice place if you are looking for a low key location for a meal on a quiet stretch of beach. I had the squid taco which was interesting but good. The best thing I tried was the burger, which was loaded with flavor. The chef does a lot with the space he has to work with. I am sure the rest of the menu is equally as tasty.

1  Thank DBags
Reviewed July 30, 2016

By far the best restaurant in Akumal. It is perfect for a romantic candel lite dinner on the beach. Food is incredible!!

1  Thank Esther G